Thornton to Hawks!!

Remove this Banner Ad

HugeBluesFan said:
I tell you what, if they don't do a deal, then expect a massive massive backlash from members and supporters. I'm sure they won't be that stupid though.

I heard a carlton supporter mention thorton for everitt in a swap. I could live that, how about the blues?

Why do people think Thornton would nominate for the PSD? I'm sure if a deal couldn't be struck with Hawthorn, he's next choice would be to remain at Carlton.

He won't risk being stuck at Essendon.

Funkalicous said:
Why do people think Thornton would nominate for the PSD? I'm sure if a deal couldn't be struck with Hawthorn, he's next choice would be to remain at Carlton.

He won't risk being stuck at Essendon.

Essendon > Carlton

Carlton are trying to deal with the Ice Man.

* Pelchen, formerly the Victorian operations manager for Port Adelaide, was a party to the controversial decision to send Nick Stevens into the pre-season draft of 2003 rather than accept an offer from Collingwood. Stevens had wanted to play for the Magpies but instead finished up at Carlton.

Pelchen holds the cards and that PSD draft talk by Carlton is laughable. They ain't a shadow of the side Port were in 2003. :D You can't play that card against the guy who invented the play! :cool:

DannyJ said:
I don't care if they could or couldn't, their list is far superior to yours

In all probability, with the likes of Gibbs, Walker, Bower, Kennedy, Setanta and Simpson on Carltons list, I know which list i'd prefer, Danny. ;)

Bias aside, with Carlton having alot of terrific picks in the draft this year, they'll most likely get Gibbs, a promising young KPP type and the thing they need most (IMO), a young ruckman! I think that as it stands, Carlton is going to have a more promising immediate future than Essendon.

philhawk said:
In all probability, with the likes of Gibbs, Walker, Bower, Kennedy, Setanta and Simpson on Carltons list, I know which list i'd prefer, Danny. ;)

You forgot about the award winning AFLPA Best First Year Player: Marc Murphy.

(as well as the "real" winner of the 2006 NAB Rising Star :p)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

C4[2]Yo`DooR said:
You forgot about the award winning AFLPA Best First Year Player: Marc Murphy.

(as well as the "real" winner of the 2006 NAB Rising Star :p)

Oh yeh, 'him' ... :cool:

In all seriousness, there's alot to like about Carltons future. Fans of Carlton just need to get behind their Board and stand united as one rather than continuously trying to erode away at their very foundations (as i've seen ODN constantly try to tell Carlton fans in your forum).

Progress will never be made that way. :thumbsdown:

Dont really understand how thornton could go into the PSD and end up with us. If we are only offering the same as carlton then carlton would be happy to pay that and redraft him. Sheedy came out midseason and said he;ll try and poach a young talent from another club and with fletcher getting on im sure they'd be real keen to get him (realistically prob need him more than we do). Im sure bris and port would also be at least interested. If thornton put a big price on his head can we really afford to pay him that?

Cant see hawthorn offering over the odds for him and with thornton probably more important to the blues than us reckon he;ll at the end of the day stay at carlton.

philhawk said:
Oh yeh, 'him' ... :cool:

In all seriousness, there's alot to like about Carltons future. Fans of Carlton just need to get behind their Board and stand united as one rather than continuously trying to erode away at their very foundations (as i've seen ODN constantly try to tell Carlton fans in your forum).

Progress will never be made that way. :thumbsdown:

I'll personally be backing in Fraser Brown's / Pratt's ticket come December/Jan.

Let's hope most Carlton fans are the same. :thumbsu:

burner1 said:
Dont really understand how thornton could go into the PSD and end up with us.

He won't go into the PSD. Carlton would look like vomit if they couldn't come to a deal and redrafted him in the PSD, anyway. They'll do a deal. Stupid not too. Why keep a player who doesn't want to be there?

What Carlton needs is a whole bunch of draft picks in the first 40 picks. Cut loose the deadwood.. and there's heaps of it down at Carlton. :rolleyes:

lethalselbow said:
What Carlton needs is a whole bunch of draft picks in the first 40 picks. Cut loose the deadwood.. and there's heaps of it down at Carlton. :rolleyes:

Agree they have to turn over their list but Thornton looks a pretty solid type. You cant afford to lose those guys.

Carton has got a few tears in front of them.

Does anyone know why Thornton wants out?

FriarTuck said:
Agree they have to turn over their list but Thornton looks a pretty solid type. You cant afford to lose those guys.

Carton has got a few tears in front of them.

Does anyone know why Thornton wants out?

The sooky Carlton supporters think he's a wet rag who didn't want to roll up his sleeves and help the club rebuild, but I think there's an underlying factor, ie management and direction across the board. I read somewhere today he was leaving for a "fresh start" and "personal" reasons. He also refused to take a phonecall from the coach - apparently.

There is nother way to get him and thats bribe carlton.

Offer them a package of 2-3 'fringe' players (and I'm talking one step from delisting here) and offr to pay their salaries plus thorntons.

They have cap and cash problems and won't be able to say no

Hawkk said:
Good thinking Pessimistic.

Ries, Brennan and Boyle look suitable suitors

Carlton are showing good signs (they morally beat the eagles at home) but those three would get a game no problem.

I'd even go an osbourne or a ladson if they held out

Remove this Banner Ad

Back