Welcome to East Germany Thread bans, board blocks, deleted posts, suspensions and other whinges

Remove this Banner Ad

I was banned from the Laverde thread on the main board for trolling. Then banned and given 3 points in the O'Meara thread on the main board for trolling. The problem I find is that trolling is subjective and anyone can put a spin on a specific post and label it as trolling. I attempted to reason with the moderator (dlanod) via PM in a diplomatic manner. I raised that he should just ban the whole trade and draft board if he believes I was trolling because everyone could be labelled that given the subjective nature of posts relating to trading. He ignored me but I'm still awaiting a response. Fred, I know you'll stick up for your fellow brother in blue but just my opinion, dlanod is totally unreasonable and too quick to draw.

On the wider topic of what is a troll, generally speaking, if it looks like it could be a troll it usually is. When faced with modding many pages of a busy thread first impressions count and full steam ahead. I spent about 12 years modding the mainboard and it wasn't unusual to spend 2 hours on one thread. While doing that, many other threads have been derailed.

Posters are usually the worst judges of their own posts. They are always better posts or not as bad as all the others. Support is full of users saying their post had no abuse and was polite but going to the post shows nothing but abuse and denigration. The eye of the beholder and all that

On the wider topic of what is a troll, generally speaking, if it looks like it could be a troll it usually is. When faced with modding many pages of a busy thread first impressions count and full steam ahead. I spent about 12 years modding the mainboard and it wasn't unusual to spend 2 hours on one thread. While doing that, many other threads have been derailed.

Posters are usually the worst judges of their own posts. They are always better posts or not as bad as all the others. Support is full of users saying their post had no abuse and was polite but going to the post shows nothing but abuse and denigration. The eye of the beholder and all that
Do you think dlanod is fair fred?

View attachment 288506

My understanding in the terms and conditions theirs no reason to remove posts for "rubbish".

Can someone point me to the paragraph where mods can delete posts for this reason?

Mods can delete for any reason. I've used 'rubbish' as a reason countless times over the years. It's a catch-all phrase.

"We reserve the rights to remove or modify any Content posted for any reason without explanation. Requests for Content to be removed or modified will be undertaken only at our discretion. We reserve the right to take action against any account with the Service at any time."

It just seems like many saints posters have been banned from the Laverde thread for minor or subjective troll posts whereas Essendon supporters consistently got away with this s**t:

View attachment 288552
That poster didn't get away with anything. The post was deleted and the poster infracted, as they should have been because it was a really poor post.

There have been warnings left, right and centre in that Laverde thread, to Essendon supporters, Saints supporters, and others.

That poster didn't get away with anything. The post was deleted and the poster infracted, as they should have been because it was a really poor post.

There have been warnings left, right and centre in that Laverde thread, to Essendon supporters, Saints supporters, and others.

That's just one example. On the extreme side I admit. Have a look at the last three pages & compare saints supporter posts verse Essendon. FFS it's a joke.

Do you think dlanod is fair fred?

Every long serving mod has faced that accusation at some time. In the example above, the saints poster denigrated the EFC and it brought the expected response. It had nothing to do with Laverde and if I was doing the modding it would have been deleted due to being off topic. Many other mods would take a different approach but neither approach would be wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't get how you think that's trolling. I'm asking the guy to stop sooking and move on.
I see that as baiting in the laverde thread TBH, not having a crack at u individually just how that thread is moderated

Mods can delete for any reason. I've used 'rubbish' as a reason countless times over the years. It's a catch-all phrase.

"We reserve the rights to remove or modify any Content posted for any reason without explanation. Requests for Content to be removed or modified will be undertaken only at our discretion. We reserve the right to take action against any account with the Service at any time."
Thanks for the clear, apologies for any inconvenience last thing I want is to get banned

I see that as baiting in the laverde thread TBH, not having a crack at u individually just how that thread is moderated
Wasn't baiting either. The guy was auto replying to every post in the thread just about. Was just suggesting maybe it was time to move on.

It seems a bit rich for you to be having a whinge about trolling and baiting in that thread when you and a few of your fellow posters have been going hammer and tongs in there for days.

Wasn't baiting either. The guy was auto replying to every post in the thread just about. Was just suggesting maybe it was time to move on.

It seems a bit rich for you to be having a whinge about trolling and baiting in that thread when you and a few of your fellow posters have been going hammer and tongs in there for days.
I got everything deleted and I hope all the Essendon guys who baited me did aswell. I'm owning up to it, some of you guys should aswell IMO.

Anyways I'm being more serious in that thread now and save the humour which was fun about a month ago in that thread to the saints board.

Fwiw go check out laverdes Wikipedia

Remove this Banner Ad

Back