AFLW Three clubs, five players: The mega deal set to kick off trade period

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton likely have a bit of spare cash with all the players that have left and threw a bit of that her way that we couldn’t match

I don’t especially want to lose Cordner but fitting her back into the back 50 was always going to have question marks. With Sheerin and McClennand having good years you can see why we might not fight too hard to keep Cordner

Losing Brancat is a positive I think. While her foot speed is OK, I thought her mind speed let he down the most. Was often slow to react - alst season went up a notch and she didn't, wouldn't or couldn't.

I'm most perplexed about Harriet. How do we go from her being VC, All Aust, and suffering an ACL, rehabbed through it and suddenly she wants out. Something sits awkwardly there for me. I know we can survive without her, but gee if she was 3/4's of her AA season, the flexability we get is enormous. Maybe it's a Tirr thing.
Fairly easy really with exodus at blues $$$$$$$ she could well be sitting on a higher strata than she is at rfc

Cordner plus our 1st pick is too much to pay. Kate Sheehan strikes again.
Agree, I was looking for the extra set of steak knives coming back to the Tiges and could not find any. Not even a butter knife. Granted 1st pick will be anything, but still, it's all relevant.

Last edited:
Fairly easy really with exodus at blues $$$$$$$ she could well be sitting on a higher strata than she is at rfc
Would she have come to us on Tier2?

Stop being a drama queen, she was good but no alex rance , 30yo off an ACL her future is pretty limited
G train cv is first rate
24yo , bf winner , AA , comp leading goal kicker , not sure they grow on trees and have I mentioned Bec miller at FB yet ,, your right Sheahan has got it right again

I get the sense money wasn't the reason she wanted to leave. She asked for a fresh start so something has gone amiss
Relationship issues are a real thing in this comp?

We needed someone with a physical presence similar to what Courtney had.
Caitlin could actually help with that.
Have to remember that Sabina and Courtney both did nothing when they played together. Courtney only got better when she was the lone target.

Pick 13 is irrelevant.....our list is full and we may end up getting Courtney Jones for Maddie

We don't have to enter the draft and we won't it's a pick we were never using

Stop being a drama queen, she was good but no alex rance , 30yo off an ACL her future is pretty limited
G train cv is first rate
24yo , bf winner , AA , comp leading goal kicker , not sure they grow on trees and have I mentioned Bec miller at FB yet ,, your right Sheahan has got it right again
So we give up the best key defender in the comp plus our 1st pick for a tubby forward who struggled big time last season. I know who the queen is on here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So we give up the best key defender in the comp plus our 1st pick for a tubby forward who struggled big time last season. I know who the queen is on here.
Don't know about "best key defender in the comp" but on the RFC website it said Cordner was looking for a fresh start so it sounds like she made the trade request.

We needed someone with a physical presence similar to what Courtney had.
Caitlin could actually help with that.
Have to remember that Sabina and Courtney both did nothing when they played together. Courtney only got better when she was the lone target.
She got super fit too which I expect G will also

Lol best in the comp , she’s never been at sheerins level or Bec miller for that matter , a good player at W , prob has 2y left at the level not rocket science she’d wanna max that

Lol best in the comp , she’s never been at sheerins level or Bec miller for that matter , a good player at W , prob has 2y left at the level not rocket science she’d wanna max that
Sheerin’s never played as a key defender. Bec Miller is not at Cordners level. Cordner is elite one on one which is where Miller can struggle

Last edited:
Sheerin’s never played as a key defender. Bec Miller is not at Cordners level. Cordner is elite one on one which is where Miller can struggle
She’s a good player , elite would suggest AA ? At 30 yo off an ACL it reasonable to question her longevity at the level , sound decision for mine as incoming > outgoing ( no guarantee she returns to pre acl form ) good luck to her she seems a committed athlete

How dare you criticize Kate Sheehan. Her credentials, morals, nepotism, and resume are impeccable.
Exactly who should be in charge of young, impressionable girls desperate for an AFL career. Next you're going to tell me Epstein and Weinstein aren't solid citizens!!!

Kate Sheahan

Last edited:
She’s a good player , elite would suggest AA ? At 30 yo off an ACL it reasonable to question her longevity at the level , sound decision for mine as incoming > outgoing ( no guarantee she returns to pre acl form ) good luck to her she seems a committed athlete
Wasn't she AA just two years ago, and VC before doing the ACL (We had her, Burchell and new draftee Charley Ryan all in rehab at the same time, same injuries). All Australian is elite in my book. She missed two seasons all in the one year. I was looking forward to her return - she had such a good footy brain for one so late to the game, and a calmness that helped our back 5 time again.

Not saying you don't do the Greiser deal. I'm just perplexed at the shifting sands. Isn't she partnered to an ex Carlton AFL player? If Greiser strips fitter, we win that I'd suggest.

Last edited:
Wasn't she AA just two years ago, and VC before doing the ACL (We had her, Burchell and new draftee Charley Ryan all in rehab at the same time, same in injuries. All Australian is elite in my book. She missed two seasons all in the one year. I was looking forward to her return - she had such a good footy brain for one so late to the game, and a calmness that helped our back 5 time again.

Not saying you don't do the Greiser deal. I'm just perplexed at the shifting sands. Isn't she partnered to an ex Carlton AFL player? If Greiser strips fitter, we win that I'd suggest.
At her age and coming off serious injury and our acute need for a key forward you do that deal every day of the week

At her age and coming off serious injury and our acute need for a key forward you do that deal every day of the week

I suppose Molan doesn't get the trade done?;)

Miller come back after 5 weeks out Rnd 9 against GWS didn’t do a great deal.
Rnd 10 was the draw against the Roos.
17 poss, 9 contested and 409 mtrs.(probably a few kick ins) but still a pretty good game without Shevlin.
Cordner is a reliable one on one dour defender and probably a really strong personality and leader but ave 123 mtr a game.
Pretty sure no AA selection for Cordner and Miller was runner up in our BnF season 6.
Getting two new attacking threats is good who knows how long KB has left, outve 7 seasons in her career she’s only made it through two without missing games injured.

I still think she’s one of the best players in the country, I hope she gets a good run at it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back