AFLW Three clubs, five players: The mega deal set to kick off trade period

Remove this Banner Ad

Why did we accept a 2nd rounder for Jacques then if we are not going to the draft?

My guess, because we knew we were going to have to give something on top of Cordner from the earliest discussions. Also, it's not called a trade unless you get something back. Interesting to see the value of these Draft picks evolve if the draft is so shallow.

Miller come back after 5 weeks out Rnd 9 against GWS didn’t do a great deal.
Rnd 10 was the draw against the Roos.
17 poss, 9 contested and 409 mtrs.(probably a few kick ins) but still a pretty good game without Shevlin.
Cordner is a reliable one on one dour defender and probably a really strong personality and leader but ave 123 mtr a game.
Pretty sure no AA selection for Cordner and Miller was runner up in our BnF season 6.
Getting two new attacking threats is good who knows how long KB has left, outve 7 seasons in her career she’s only made it through two without missing games injured.

I still think she’s one of the best players in the country, I hope she gets a good run at it.
AA squad, technically not All Australian.

Totally different players. Agree with your description of Cordner - she is your stay at home, last line of defence defender because she reads the play as good as any.

From our website:

Cordner, the granddaughter of Brownlow medalist Don Cordner, was recruited by Melbourne as a Category B rookie ahead of the maiden AFLW season. The 30-year-old is strong aerially and has ability to play multiple roles, in defence or in the ruck. Cordner has been a pillar in defence across 37 AFLW games. Cordner capped off her debut season at Richmond with selection in the All-Australian squad of 40 and a top-five finish in the Tigers’ best and fairest. Cordner injured her knee early in 2022, ruling her out of AFLW Season 6 and 7.

Last edited:

Jones looks the crafty med forward type that we’ve never had , will slot straight in , no problem

after reading about her reason for leaving the SUNS, i'm sad that she had to leave under those circumstances.

but yes i'm pumped that she's a lifelong Tigers supporter that's playing for us now.
will be a huge addition.

Brennan, Grieser, Jones, Reid and Yassir is a decent fwd line.

after reading about her reason for leaving the SUNS, i'm sad that she had to leave under those circumstances.

but yes i'm pumped that she's a lifelong Tigers supporter that's playing for us now.
will be a huge addition.

Why did she leave the Suns?

will be a huge addition.

Poor kid , feel very much for the family , she did the right thing coming home

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Welcome to both our forward acquisitions and both will be nice additions to our forward line, Courtney Wakefield very hard to replace her talent but the G Train does have a beautiful long kick on her that is a real point of difference and unique to women's game. Jones looks lively and knows how to find the goals.

Going to miss Cordner most of those traded, at least we have some depth there now after last years trade/draft. Jacques is probably a delist, and Brancs was likely becoming more depth if she stayed with us with Ryan coming on, but definately good enough to play at AFLW level in another clubs midfield.

Last edited:
Seems like we are going to the draft which makes our decision to trade pick 14 more confusing
No we had 2 extra players as it was we have now just evened our list to required number

Remove this Banner Ad

Back