News Tiger Trio Re-Sign

Remove this Banner Ad

Very exciting prospects especially considering they were late picks in the ND.

Ben Miller pick 63 2017
Noah Cumberland pick 43 2019
Tyler Sonsie pick 28 2021
We should trade our 1st rnds for multi 2nds and above.
Our success rate is outstanding.lol

Just on Cumberland v Pettifer, perhaps - but I'm sensing more like Cumberland - Nathan Brown!

Reckon he has already shown some significant 'up the ground' abilities as well as the elite forward craft etc....
If he's a qtr as good as Brown we're on a winner.

Just on Cumberland v Pettifer, perhaps - but I'm sensing more like Cumberland - Nathan Brown!

Reckon he has already shown some significant 'up the ground' abilities as well as the elite forward craft etc....

Some clear evidence that Kayne Pettifer has invented time travel and is now living out his dreams as "Noah Cumberland".....
1660187611167.png

I have never said I thought Miller and Cumberland would make it. In fact I thought neither would make it.

But I think in my subconscious I always knew they would make it so I am claiming the credit.

But it is risky resigning Miller given his well known full body cramp issues.
Pretty sure Miller had a son fairly recently so the plan is just to get him to 100 games just in case his son is a gun

Pretty sure Miller had a son fairly recently so the plan is just to get him to 100 games just in case his son is a gun
Smart.. cos all our guns keep having girls ffs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have never said I thought Miller and Cumberland would make it. In fact I thought neither would make it.

But I think in my subconscious I always knew they would make it so I am claiming the credit.

But it is risky resigning Miller given his well known full body cramp issues.
Clause in contract, no pay while in full body cramp.

Yes extremely happy to get these three signed up. Its amazing what a fantastic job the club is doing with our list to keep us contending for another decade to come. Our development crew have a proven record of turning horseshit into strawberry jam, and with the raw talent these three have at their desposal, they are giving them the structure, culture and skills to become absolute elite players.

Sonsie - came to the club with big concerns about his motivation, attitude and injuries. He came in with a big ego and was motivated to do the hard work on his game. The coaches saw that he had talent to burn but didn't have the defensive skills or understanding of the game plan, to get a game. He was made to earn his spot and built as the year went on. He is a natural, duel sided midfielder, who knows where to run and how to thread his way through traffic. He now has the base to build from and the attitude to become a reliable Richmond midfielder. I actually think he could be much more than that moving forward but I'll temper my expectations... for now.

Miller is Mr Consistency. He has built into a reliable backman whose increased size and strength, is enabling him to match it with big bodied opponents. He was raw and ungainly early, struggling in the backline and had dodgy disposal. Now, he is a multi-positional asset who has surprized us all with his ruckwork and defensive work. I heard on here that he rated number one for set shots when he was drafted too which is exciting if he continues his role as our backup ruck. There are very few 2nd rucks who are so clean in the air and below their kness, able to read the play and find a target through a zone. He could be the difference in big games moving forward.

Cumberland does remind me of Nathan Brown. He has natural talent to burn. He is great in the air, is a one touch player, fast and elusive and can create goals out of nothing. He will still make plenty of mistakes moving forward but so does Bolton, Baker and Balta and I see them as the core of our future moving forward. Cumberland has built up his defensive game too. Initially he had eyes for one thing, and it wasn't his direct opponent. His passion to score is now balanced with his determination to stop them scoring - with the added bonus of sometimes winning a kick at goal because of it.

I love to see the kids coming on while we still have a chance at winning a flag. even if we fail miserably (doubtful!), they will only grow and improve from the experience. Having our aging stars still around them as an example of what you need to do to become competition benchmarks is paramount.

Having kids with talent to burn desperate to carve out a career with us, is even better. Life's great at Tigerland!

:richmond:🏆

With a bit of Brooke mixed in with a lot of Trent, he will be one tough little motherf@cker.....that likes a spa treatment
Imagine if he has kennedys ability to punch campaigners all the time combined with Trent’s ability to never get suspended

And the Bolton extension.
That’s the interesting one, if we do see a Bolton extension it definitely means we are cooking something big and wanting to ensure we have the money over the mid/long term

Remove this Banner Ad

Back