Rumour Tiger Turmoil?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And with those losses we still have a better list than you.
If you want to compare each club as a destination club why cant you get any decent players to come to your club? Oh wait, there was Chappy. Us on the other hand, Jenkins, Seedsman, Betts, Hampton, Menzel...
43.gif

Signed a 4 year deal with us this time last year. Kid loves Richmond, would be very surprised.

Would it really be that surprising?

Was supposedly unsure about his future pre-contract (even rumours of quitting footy IIRC).

Now that it appears fairly certain that Richmond will require a rebuild of sorts - if a club comes calling with good compensation for Richmond AND is willing to cover Rances contract, would it really be that surprising if he took it up?

Would it really be that surprising?

Was supposedly unsure about his future pre-contract (even rumours of quitting footy IIRC).

Now that it appears fairly certain that Richmond will require a rebuild of sorts - if a club comes calling with good compensation for Richmond AND is willing to cover Rances contract, would it really be that surprising if he took it up?

Yes, it would be.

The bloke is either playing at Richmond or quitting football. He was unsure about his contract because he wanted to quit and travel the world with his Girlfriend, not because he was looking to play for someone else.

And with those losses we still have a better list than you.
If you want to compare each club as a destination club why cant you get any decent players to come to your club? Oh wait, there was Chappy. Us on the other hand, Jenkins, Seedsman, Betts, Hampton, Menzel...

You took Jenkins as a rookie who was fourth in line for a ruck spot at Essendon. I'm glad he's come on, but you weren't exactly poaching a star. I'd say we didn't want him, but we did, we just couldn't guarantee him a game, so he went to a club that could.

Menzel? Carlton didn't want him. Couldn't get him out the door fast enough.

Seedsman is decent, not a star. He'd fallen out of Collingwoods best 22, they didn't want him and you gave up a second round pick for him.

Hampton, had fallen out of GWS best 22, they didn't want him, you gave up a second rounder for him.

I mean, of that list, Betts is the only one where you effectively pried loose a player that a club wanted to keep AND is a very good player.

And at the same time you've lost arguably the best player in the game, one of the more highly regarded KPFs in the game. Let's not forget Davis either....

I'm glad you're buffeting the list upheaval well, but if you're trying to claim Adelaide is some shining example of a destination club you're out of your mind.

Last edited:
Yes, it would be.

The bloke is either playing at Richmond or quitting football. He was unsure about his contract because he wanted to quit and travel the world with his Girlfriend, not because he was looking to play for someone else.
Travel the world or go off on a Jehovah's Witness mission? Because there is no hanky panky in the JW's, well, except amongst the elders who sit in judgement of any hanky pinky and then go around behind their missus' back and hanky pinky it up to high heaven (all puns intended)

How many players have left Adelaide in the last 5 years compared to the Tigers?
We have preformed this year but we have retained our stars.
Martin, Rance, Riewoldt, Cotchin, B.Ellis have all re-signed in the last year or two.
Our young players have also committed.

Tippet, Guston, Dangerfield, Davis.....all gone......

Maybe players stay at Richmond because they don't feel the burden to perform and they are comfortable just being professional footballers and enjoying that lifestyle? Of the players you mentioned, Tippett left for money and getting out of the fishbowl, Gunston was homesick, Dangerfield for family reasons and Davis for $$$$ that we could not come close to.

Having players that you mentioned, recommitting to your club is not necessarily a good thing, especially when the expectations coming from within the club are clearly set to accepting mediocrity. How is it that Adelaide have managed to rebuild and reset even with all those players moving on, including the player widely thought of as the best player in the game currently? It's because they don't accept excuses, set high standards and have the right people controlling the football department. Richmond are a fascinating case study.

You took Jenkins as a rookie who was fourth in line for a ruck spot at Essendon. I'm glad he's come on, but you weren't exactly poaching a star. I'd say we didn't want him, but we did, we just couldn't guarantee him a game, so he went to a club that could.

Seedsman is decent, not a star. He'd fallen out of Collingwoods best 22, they didn't want him and you gave up a second round pick for him.

Hampton, had fallen out of GWS best 22, they didn't want him, you gave up a second rounder for him.

I mean, of that list, Betts is the only one where you effectively pried loose a player that a club wanted to keep AND is a very good player.

And at the same time you've lost arguably the best player in the game, one of the more highly regarded KPFs in the game. Let's not forget Talia either....

I'm glad you're buffeting the list upheaval well, but if you're trying to claim Adelaide is some shining example of a destination club you're out of your mind.

What you haven't worked out is that all of those players were picked for specific roles. Didn't have to be stars, just need to execute their role and their part of the gameplan well. We're nowhere near Hawthorn's level, but Hawthorn is built on specific role players playing their part and total team defence. Star players often do not like the structure and want to play their own style ie: Dangerfield. Great player, but his loss is covered by others stepping up and playing their role.

How many players have left Adelaide in the last 5 years compared to the Tigers?
We have preformed this year but we have retained our stars.
Martin, Rance, Riewoldt, Cotchin, B.Ellis have all re-signed in the last year or two.
Our young players have also committed.

Tippet, Guston, Dangerfield, Davis.....all gone......

Yep - we bring in good players, and if they leave we just replace them and keep winning.

Richmond loses, stocks up with more mediocrity and keeps losing.

Clearly Adelaide is a strong program, and Richmond is Richmond.

What you haven't worked out

Excuse me?

Where did I question the list management at Adelaide?

I actually complimented it:

"I'm glad you're buffeting the list upheaval well"

I responded to another Crows supporter, who tried to infer that Adelaide are some sort of destination club, and that, is absolute verifiable crap.

In recent times Geelong, Sydney, Colingwood and Hawthorn have consistently shown to be the destination clubs of wantaway, highly regarded players.

That Adelaide have done a good job selecting well suited lesser lights is admirable, but also utterly irrelevant to the point that I made - that in no way have Adelaide shown themselves to be some shining, desirable destination club.

As I have said before I work with his uncle. I asked him about this this morning and the silence was deafening.

The odd part is that he mentioned Essendon...

Brilliant. That's totally believable.

You'd have to be offered GAJ money to even think of going to that disaster.

'I am not enjoying my football guys. Think I'll go ahead and ask for a trade to essendon'/no one ever

'I am not enjoying my football guys. Think I'll go ahead and ask for a trade to essendon'/no one ever

We're in a better position than you guys from a list perspective lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wants to play finals, understandable. Doesn't want to make the same mistake as Richo did.

There is a jehovah witness church in Essendon. Saw Alex there the other day with woosha hepps and Diadora. It's happening he's off to essendon

And at the same time you've lost arguably the best player in the game, one of the more highly regarded KPFs in the game. Let's not forget Talia either....

Compared to Richmond we are shining light, a beacon to all who wish to succeed.

I responded to another Crows supporter, who tried to infer that Adelaide are some sort of destination club, and that, is absolute verifiable crap.

You missed the bit where I was comparing us to Richmond. I realize our club is not ran as well, nor is it a top line destination club like Essendon is.....

You missed the bit where I was comparing us to Richmond. I realize our club is not ran as well, nor is it a top line destination club like Essendon is.....

Oh god, here we go.....

Mate, go away. Your post was utter crap and rightfully called out for being utter crap.

Iol...
Are you triggered? Do you need a safe space?

Why would I? You posted absolute tripe, were rightfully corrected (and why people try and argue a point that can be refuted through factual means is beyond me), and now are trying to throw a tantrum because the bad man got you right in the feels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back