AFL Toast Dreamtime Winning

Remove this Banner Ad

Wonder if there has been a virus or something as others have said.
T-virus?

die sci-fi GIF

They really are a lost bunch lol. So deluded it's not funny. We were horrible for a decent portion of that game no doubt. Didnt play the conditions at all. Having said that, on a dry deck though we win that game by 50+.
Conditions affect both teams. You were up against the most heavily depleted side in the competition.

We both win.

Essendon get the 4 points and Richmond get to see that there is a silver lining with the list they've got going forward.

Winning ugly is still winning.

Too much class and I thought we were out-coached but kept in the game with what seemed to be genuinely admirable intent.

Didn't have a match up for Ridley with only Lefau as a key forward and 9 games under his belt, he slaughtered us. May have been a different story if Lynch was fit or if the club had been wise enough to acquire any other useful tall forward.

Very happy for Langford, has become a great story being reinvented as a forward.

Impressed by Durham too. Very strong through the hips.

Otherwise nice to see Dusty wind back the clock a little bit I suspect this is his last season.

Winning ugly is still winning.

Too much class and I thought we were out-coached but kept in the game with what seemed to be genuinely admirable intent.

Didn't have a match up for Ridley with only Lefau as a key forward and 9 games under his belt, he slaughtered us. May have been a different story if Lynch was fit or if the club had been wise enough to acquire any other useful tall forward.

Very happy for Langford, has become a great story being reinvented as a forward.

Impressed by Durham too. Very strong through the hips.

Otherwise nice to see Dusty wind back the clock a little bit I suspect this is his last season.
I actually think you have a good coach was impressed the way you guys played. You are just undermanned atm.

I don't get the negativity on here, Richmond weren't just going to hand us the win on dreamtime and infront of 80 thousand supporters ?

It was a dewy night so the margin was never going to blow out, yes we over possessed the footy but that was also due to Richmonds pressure and the conditions.

We got Ridley back, Laverde played his best game for quite a while, Stringer was on fire, Durham continues to impress, Hind showed what he's capable of on the big grounds and Caddys debut were all positives....we also had a few down on form but still took the 4 points, I'd take that and run.

I don't get the negativity on here, Richmond weren't just going to hand us the win on dreamtime and infront of 80 thousand supporters ?

It was a dewy night so the margin was never going to blow out, yes we over possessed the footy but that was also due to Richmonds pressure and the conditions.

We got Ridley back, Laverde played his best game for quite a while, Stringer was on fire, Durham continues to impress, Hind showed what he's capable of on the big grounds and Caddys debut were all positives....we also had a few down on form but still took the 4 points, I'd take that and run.
^^This.

reckon it’s the general frustration with our performance, should’ve, could’ve done better. i’m on your boat

I’m so confused by the overall sentiments after last night. If you told me at the beginning of the year that some Essendon supporters would be melting after an 8 win, 1 draw and two loss start to the year because our percentage is 104%, then I’d laugh.

One step at a time. We’ll likely lose next week, but that’d be only our third loss for the year in 12 rounds of football.

Let’s not compare ourselves to the real contenders because we’re not there yet. We’re not truly the second best team in the competition so let’s manage our expectations and realise we far exceeded even our wildest expectations this year.

Ridley is ridiculous
Caddy showed signs
Laverde played a game I didn’t think he was capable of
Redman is back
Merrett was quality as always
Durham worked hard
Nick Hind busted his arse for his mate’s milestone

Others good in patches. Some terrible.

Yeah we didn’t do to them what others have but their best two players played at a level they haven’t all year. We got the chocolates in a milestone game. All you Verucas who are getting ahead of yourselves, lighten up, embrace the progress.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Conditions affect both teams. You were up against the most heavily depleted side in the competition.

We both win.

Essendon get the 4 points and Richmond get to see that there is a silver lining with the list they've got going forward.
Nah Tigers lost actually.

Nah Tigers lost actually.
Take it with good grace.

What would it gain Richmond to actually win the game? North lost Harley Reid last year by winning a useless four points. The Tigers have been smashed stupid off the park in recent weeks performance wise. Injuries have destroyed them.

To do as well as they did last night was a good sign.

Take it with good grace.

What would it gain Richmond to actually win the game? North lost Harley Reid last year by winning a useless four points. The Tigers have been smashed stupid off the park in recent weeks performance wise. Injuries have destroyed them.

To do as well as they did last night was a good sign.
Yep I thought Richmond played well. Certainly not as bad as the Bulldogs and Brisbane games. Probably the best they played since Sydney actually.

We are a team people expected to start horrendously off the back of last year's finish and fight for the spoon.

This is not a take, it's a fact.

Oppo fans and overly eager Essendon supporters will judge wins like this on the notion that we should be putting teams away, when they're quick to forget that they had us around those said teams going into the year. Short memories and shifting of goal posts.

One week at a time and focus on development. This is not our final form.

Reflected and scanned game replay. Clear that Tigers played a much better brand than their last two weeks.. and Dusty pulled out a blinder. Reminds me a little bit of our team in 2004.. you can literally look at our decline across the season as players aged, injuries struck and it become apparent we were going the wrong direction. However, any team that had Hird, Lloyd and Fletcher was a legit chance... against anyone. Probably just me.. but last night had that kind of vibe. A champion team in both decline and critical injury loss.. but clearly wanting to put a little bit of respect into the fight and lifted the effort.

I hope the win doesn't paper over cracks though. I thought our selection was wrong.. we were far far far too tall and lacked running options. Cox out for Tsatas was a hidden blessing. Scott needs to seriously address this at selection.. we need more runners.

We are missing Parish more than lots give him credit for.. losing Setters and Hobbs also makes it look worse. Need a guy that can get tough and dirty. Also Goldy looks out on his feet. Must bring in Bryan. Must. Give Goldy the GC week off.. hopefully then a big effort against FC and then bye rest before WCE. I'd almost be tempted to give him a two week bye and really freshen up the legs. Getting soundly beaten in the ruck.

I thought Caddy did some nice things and might overtake Jones very very quickly as that third tall forward role. Having said that, Jones comes back in next week for me.

Was good to have riddles back and he looked as good as you would expect especially when considering McKay was back up. Our defence starts to look very very good. I still think Martin needs to be the wing. Let Redman and Heppell cover HB, Lav as the lock down medium back. McKay and Riddles as the key backs and Jake Kelly as the utility/negating half back. How you get Reid back in.. not sure and that is a very good problem to have.

Very easy to be disappointed that we did win big last night.. but that is a temporary feeling. We are 2nd on the ladder and have found a way to keep winning. What a surprise and how ****ing awesome does it feel?!! Next week is another travel challenge and really the classic '8 point' game as I expect we will be competing with teams like GC for those bottom top 8 positions. Seriously can't wait to see if we can get it done for one more week and head into the FC clash on a high!

I’m so confused by the overall sentiments after last night. If you told me at the beginning of the year that some Essendon supporters would be melting after an 8 win, 1 draw and two loss start to the year because our percentage is 104%, then I’d laugh.

One step at a time. We’ll likely lose next week, but that’d be only our third loss for the year in 12 rounds of football.

Let’s not compare ourselves to the real contenders because we’re not there yet. We’re not truly the second best team in the competition so let’s manage our expectations and realise we far exceeded even our wildest expectations this year.
1716690454896.gif

Safely assuming that Shai Bolton was not sited for his near identical Harry Jones sling tackle on Zac Merret last night ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back