AFL Toast Dreamtime Winning

Remove this Banner Ad

nothing outside of remain realistic.
Who's been unrealistic? We're all celebrating the fact that we're second at 8-1-2 instead of 3-8 or 4-7 that many predicted whilst acknowledging that we've got a ways to go.

Weird how you just keep overlooking that game wedged in between the eagles and north game.
People are allowed to be positive and recognise the small steps being made to culture/game plan whilst acknowledging we still have holes in the list.
Could be worse, we could be a team blessed with one of the best lists in the comp who just dont turn up like the lions.

i'd say Giants were off far more than we were on, given what we have delivered in the last month.

I'm not saying dont be positive. But I'm far more glass half empty than half full.

Maybe that's just what Essendon has done to me.

Who's been unrealistic? We're all celebrating the fact that we're second at 8-1-2 instead of 3-8 or 4-7 that many predicted whilst acknowledging that we've got a ways to go.

I think the majority are well healed. Will see where we are placed at the end of the season. Thats the only thing that matters.

i'd say Giants were off far more than we were on, given what we have delivered in the last month.

I'm not saying dont be positive. But I'm far more glass half empty than half full.

Maybe that's just what Essendon has done to me.
Hmm i think thats not giving the team enough credit re giants (and pies game). Everyone said "prove yourself against a top 8 team" and we brought our best. The pressure from both teams was off the charts in the last quarter and we held our nerve.
I reckon we will lose this week but most teams will find suns difficult at home, funnily enough im more positive about blues, we match up well.

Hmm i think thats not giving the team enough credit re giants (and pies game). Everyone said "prove yourself against a top 8 team" and we brought our best. The pressure from both teams was off the charts in the last quarter and we held our nerve.
I reckon we will lose this week but most teams will find suns difficult at home, funnily enough im more positive about blues, we match up well.

take what i say with a grain of salt.

I'll always be more negative than positive until we do something, i can admit that.

I think whatever positive step was made against GWS has been eroded by what we showed against North and Richmond.

I dont care about being 2nd at round 10 tbh. I want to be there at round 23!

I think the majority are well healed. Will see where we are placed at the end of the season. Thats the only thing that matters.
Whilst that's true, you're the only one in here saying we shouldn't be positive about being 8-2-1.

Whilst that's true, you're the only one in here saying we shouldn't be positive about being 8-2-1.

Settle down ethan, that is not what i said at all.

I am saying we should not be positive about what we dished up against the 3 bottom teams in the comp. and nothing else beyond that.

I'll always be more negative than positive until we do something, i can admit that.

I think whatever positive step was made against GWS has been eroded by what we showed against North and Richmond.

I'm the same internally, I try to stay positive, but I've been burnt by Essendon too many times and am too young to remember the glory days (while not even being young anymore).

That being said, I don't think we really showed anything awful against NM/Richmond.
We didn't play perfectly, but the fundamentals we have lacked for a decade were still there.
No doubt in my mind that in years gone past we would've dropped 2/3 of WCE, NM, Richmond.

I only saw a snippet of the coaches press conference but he was pointing out what we are all saying here (that we need to fix clearances, especially at the centre bounce to compete at the pointy end of the season).

We are far from perfect but for once our coaches seem to be trying to address our problems.

PS- how good is the edge (when Guelfi and Durham absolutely nailed those tigers spuds in the last qtr❤🖤❤️)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

nothing outside of remain realistic.
Ok well I'm going to do that whilst enjoying the wins when and as they come. I don't think it's 'copium' to be doing that.

Not directing this bit at you necessarily but it gets a bit tiresome hearing from people after each win that refuse to take any joy from it because they're just waiting for the next inevitable loss so they can say 'See? All you people were wrong! We lost and it's all shit just like I keep saying every week!'

Life is too short. Take joy from what you can.

Speak for yourself mate, I’ve cleared my schedule for September - see you at the big dance
fake believer, every dons fan already had their calendars clear at the start of the season - every season

Ok well I'm going to do that whilst enjoying the wins when and as they come. I don't think it's 'copium' to be doing that.

Not directing this bit at you necessarily but it gets a bit tiresome hearing from people after each win that refuse to take any joy from it because they're just waiting for the next inevitable loss so they can say 'See? All you people were wrong! We lost and it's all shit just like I keep saying every week!'

Life is too short. Take joy from what you can.

Well, i didn't say that. I think you will find i was being very specific to 3 bad games being West Coast, North and Richmond.

And I enjoyed winning them all. 🤷‍♂️

I also said the second bit wasn't directed at you.

Well i didn't.

maybe i need more joy in my life. or learn to appreciate the little things.

Maybe because you should be able to enjoy winning whilst remaining realistic about the bigger picture at the same time. Treat yourself! You're an Essendon supporter. You deserve some joy. 🙂

i enjoy winning.

Barely beating bottom 3? Not so much.

Maybe I'm very much on the outer here.

It's not about just beating X team by 100 points, it's a much wider view than that.

People thinking this was a "good win" are not seeing the wood for the trees and what it means.

We barely beat West Coast, only had 1 good quarter against North, and now only just beaten Richmond, with basically a VFL team playing. Essendon simply cannot score and it is alarming.

As improved as our defence is, our AVG score is ~84 points. That is terrible. We are 9th on the ladder for scoring and we have played most of the bottom teams. Our scoring is a MASSIVE issue and it needs to be fixed urgently.

If people want to swallow copeium with "oh well take the win" than whatever but the body of work against the 3 worst sides in the comp should be screaming alarm bells for us. The reality is that we are not playing anywhere near a top 4 side and we are going to get exposed very very quickly if it isnt turned around.

We have seen this story before, literally last year we were 5th on the ladder at Round 17 last year, and got exposed.
So you'd prefer we flog Tigers by 120 and lose to Hawthorn, just like the Lions?

Facts are our midfield was fantastic across the first couple of months and has hit the wall a bit

And then lo and behold, Ridley returns and takes 8 intercept marks, and with his old mate back Redman dominates, McKay is solid and Laverde has a career best game

Being better isn’t just about flogging strugglers. Sure, that will be nice when it comes.

But the positive I’m choosing to take is that (no surprise) Richmond turned up for what is their biggest game in a year when they will miss finals. Dusty and Bolton were up and about. We lost clearances and still found a way to win.

Strong teams will do that. One week the mids do the job, the next it’s the backs, or a spearhead kicks 6. Loving the resilience.

Let’s see what GCS and Carlton games bring. Maybe something good!

Winning Culture
71542.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back