Time Sniper is reported and suspended.

Remove this Banner Ad

incorrect ..three broken ribs

He didn't , it was only his own diagnosis immediately after the GF. Bit of mayo. He was off for a very short time, too little to have nerve blocks put in. He was back quickly playing unaffected, you don't do that with broken ribs. Even look at the photo in the article you quoted, he has the premiership cup held high above his head. You dont do that with one broken rib let alone 3.

He didn't , it was only his own diagnosis immediately after the GF. Bit of mayo. He was off for a very short time, too little to have nerve blocks put in. He was back quickly playing unaffected, you don't do that with broken ribs. Even look at the photo in the article you quoted, he has the premiership cup held high above his head. You dont do that with one broken rib let alone 3.
you need to read the story because Howe said he had 3 broken ribs unless you are saying Howe is lying,but Howe did say though it was late it was not dirty.

Alistair Lynch said in commentary recently that Cameron aims for the rib cage and he would know better than any of us.
I think it is definitely a premeditated part of Cameron,s game as someone said he needs lining up given a dose of his own medicine.

He did it to Howe and broke his ribs in the GF. Last night, he did the same thing to McGoven. There is no intention to smoother the ball, just straight out shoulder into a players rib area. Why aren't the media or AFL jumping on this. Is he allowed to get away with it? 2 games in a row, how much more blatant does it have to be?
I thought I was the only one that noticed?
…agreed.

you need to read the story because Howe said he had 3 broken ribs unless you are saying Howe is lying,but Howe did say though it was late it was not dirty.

Alistair Lynch said in commentary recently that Cameron aims for the rib cage and he would know better than any of us.
I think it is definitely a premeditated part of Cameron,s game as someone said he needs lining up given a dose of his own medicine.
Thats the thing I read the story, i watched the replay and i have a bit of medical knowledge. It's mayo after a GF, not lying, but he didn't break ribs. Here is the time line.

18:30 left on the clock is when Cameron hit Howe
18:00 he is walking with trainers, not off the ground
15:10 you can see him in the back ground playing
14:40 he is involved in play showing no inconvenience

Through this time there is time on called so I question reports that say he left the ground but if he did he was back on within a minute or so. You cant see it from the replay but seems much more likely he didn't go off. Certainly no time for a medical assessment or treatment.

Post game he is standing on the fence with Tommy M, holding both arms high above his head, with the cup. He shows no discomfort in the game of after. There are other similar photos. 3 broken ribs is a major injury and hugely painful especially after you start to cool down.

He is interviewed in the rooms after the match having a beer, you know at this time he hasnt gone off for a medical assessment, who would at that moment, or had an xray. A AAP reprter spoke to him about how he felt and he said "shite but 3 broken ribs will do that". It was just an off the cuff remark and he hadnt had any medical assessment to make that diagnosis.

In later interviews he says he is sore but bounced out of bed the following morning but never specifically confirms the 3 broken ribs. Thats cause he was sore from the bump but didnt have 3 broken ribs. He had a lot of possessions after the hit despite no treatment

Nothing tough about it, he’s whacking these guys when they’re exposed and in both cases he wasn’t playing the ball at all. Intent only on injuring.
It has always been legitimate play, even if ribs were broken which they weren't. You can tackle or bump, if you chose to bump make it legit which Cameron did. He would have been thinking if I can hit him as he kicks good chance it will go OOBOTF. Charlies minds quick enough that he would also be thinking its probably me that will get the free if i disrupt the kick well enough and I will slot the goal. In a close GF its a play I would want any Pie to do. When someone else has the ball you are not playing the ball you are trying to stop the man with the ball.

Do you want the bump banned?

It has always been legitimate play, even if ribs were broken which they weren't. You can tackle or bump, if you chose to bump make it legit which Cameron did. He would have been thinking if I can hit him as he kicks good chance it will go OOBOTF. Charlies minds quick enough that he would also be thinking its probably me that will get the free if i disrupt the kick well enough and I will slot the goal. In a close GF its a play I would want any Pie to do. When someone else has the ball you are not playing the ball you are trying to stop the man with the ball.

Seriously what are you on???? legit bump your reckon. lol

I don’t think it is legitimate if it’s against the rules, no? It’s a downfield free kick

It was late. He gave away a free. That’s not legit, it’s against the rules, just not reportable. Not sure why you seem to be arguing otherwise. If he wasn’t late then yes it would have been legit, but he was.

The last sentence is nonsense bait, this isn’t about him bumping it’s about him making an intentional late hit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Football gods did not smile on Cameron on both occasions
It was late. He gave away a free. That’s not legit, it’s against the rules, just not reportable. Not sure why you seem to be arguing otherwise. If he wasn’t late then yes it would have been legit, but he was.

The last sentence is nonsense bait, this isn’t about him bumping it’s about him making an intentional late hit.
Very well summarised.

Agree it was late and that was why the free was played but it was just a bump thats othwise part of the game. Should have clarified the late element was wrong but otherwise fine.

I am arguing against the threads argument that this is reportable and he should be suspended. Sorry should have made that more clear

Agree it was late and that was why the free was played but it was just a bump thats othwise part of the game. Should have clarified the late element was wrong but otherwise fine.

I am arguing against the threads argument that this is reportable and he should be suspended. Sorry should have made that more clear
Nobody here is saying that fair bumps should be reportable as far as I can see. If Howe had been bumped and injured, even genuinely had his ribs broken nobody would be saying anything. The entire premise of the thread as far as I can see is that he’s lining up blokes too late and hurting them when they're rightly not expecting contact after disposing of the ball. It’s not unreasonable to question whether an action timed to hurt/injure players when they’re not expecting contact, which is already illegal, should be reportable.

Nobody here is saying that fair bumps should be reportable as far as I can see. If Howe had been bumped and injured, even genuinely had his ribs broken nobody would be saying anything. The entire premise of the thread as far as I can see is that he’s lining up blokes too late and hurting them when they're rightly not expecting contact after disposing of the ball. It’s not unreasonable to question whether an action timed to hurt/injure players when they’re not expecting contact, which is already illegal, should be reportable.
So Howe wasn’t injured.
Genuinely broken ribs no?

Howe also revealed he played out the grand final with three broken ribs after copping a big hit from Charlie Cameron early in the fourth quarter.

So Howe wasn’t injured.
Genuinely broken ribs no?

Go back in the thread and you will see why this is incorrect. It was a throwaway line by Howe in the rooms immediately after the GF which the press ran with but wasn't true. Dont believe much more than the date and the price on a newspaper has always been pretty good advice.

Actually I think the whole premise of this thread is that Camerons bumps are illegal , reportable and he should be suspended.

I disagree, the only element of the bump thats a problem is the Howe one was late so a free kick, definitely not reportable.

I am a bit confused now where you stand on this. Camerons bump on Howe was late, we agree on that, but do you see anything illegal about it otherwise.

Maybe I see the bump differently from a lot on the board and maybe thats my age. The bumps been cleaned up to protect the head and that is absolutely as it should be. We need the head protected. Probably part of the problem of the head comes from the manical bravery of the modern player and the loss of the idea of protecting yourself which was a part of older footy. Nonetheless even in modern footy you are aiming to hurt the opposition player when you bump them. Even now, as long as players comply with protecting the head requirements, you can bump someone who is not expecting contact.

Its still a physical game and part of it is to intimidate your opponent. You bump to hurt, otherwise you would just tackle most of the time. You don't aim to injure, well maybe not these days, but if someone ends up with bruised or broken ribs, winded, a sore hip, a bruised shoulder and next contest thinks a bit before they go well thats the whole point of it.

Did you get up and about last night when Beau nailed Coniglio, and then when he crunched Ward? Did you marvel at Wards toughness? Did you play yourself and walk a little taller when the blokes in your team who could hand out the physical did so? Maybe that was you, it wasn't me I have to say.

Its a physical game, thats a lot of why we love it. But with that comes the reality sometimes you or your team mates or the Pie players we love we cop a bit. You have to wear that. Howe got a premiership medal, Charlie didn't, nuff said.

As for the hit on McGovern, have we got to the stage where we are concerned about a Carlton player getting bumped. I give Charlie extra kudos for that, he should have hit him harder.

Actually I think the whole premise of this thread is that Camerons bumps are illegal , reportable and he should be suspended.

I disagree, the only element of the bump thats a problem is the Howe one was late so a free kick, definitely not reportable.

I am a bit confused now where you stand on this. Camerons bump on Howe was late, we agree on that, but do you see anything illegal about it otherwise.

Maybe I see the bump differently from a lot on the board and maybe thats my age. The bumps been cleaned up to protect the head and that is absolutely as it should be. We need the head protected. Probably part of the problem of the head comes from the manical bravery of the modern player and the loss of the idea of protecting yourself which was a part of older footy. Nonetheless even in modern footy you are aiming to hurt the opposition player when you bump them. Even now, as long as players comply with protecting the head requirements, you can bump someone who is not expecting contact.

Its still a physical game and part of it is to intimidate your opponent. You bump to hurt, otherwise you would just tackle most of the time. You don't aim to injure, well maybe not these days, but if someone ends up with bruised or broken ribs, winded, a sore hip, a bruised shoulder and next contest thinks a bit before they go well thats the whole point of it.

Did you get up and about last night when Beau nailed Coniglio, and then when he crunched Ward? Did you marvel at Wards toughness? Did you play yourself and walk a little taller when the blokes in your team who could hand out the physical did so? Maybe that was you, it wasn't me I have to say.

Its a physical game, thats a lot of why we love it. But with that comes the reality sometimes you or your team mates or the Pie players we love we cop a bit. You have to wear that. Howe got a premiership medal, Charlie didn't, nuff said.

As for the hit on McGovern, have we got to the stage where we are concerned about a Carlton player getting bumped. I give Charlie extra kudos for that, he should have hit him harder.

Mod right? Gee.

I think you’ve completely misinterpreted the premise of the thread then.

You’re confused because you’ve missed the point, which is that it was indeed, late.
I’m of the opinion that if you take an action against another player after they’ve disposed of the ball, while they’re rightly not expecting contact, with intent to harm or injure, be it a bump or something else, it should come under scrutiny. To me this isn’t specifically about bumping it’s about protecting players who shouldn’t be receiving that contact in the first place.

Everything in here is completely missing the point, so this is where I’ll disengage with you, because clearly you’re not getting it when you’re starting to use Beaus tackles on players who are actually in possession of the ball, and thus expecting contact as examples.

I don’t think it is legitimate if it’s against the rules, no? It’s a downfield free kick
Laughable reasoning just like this abomination of a thread.

It is 100% legit, cause even n the current climate of softening the game it's not a reportable offence.

Downfield free is simply for it being late.

I think you’ve completely misinterpreted the premise of the thread then.
You did read the title of the thread?

"Time sniper is reported and suspended."

magpielicious started the whole thread saying its time Cameron , the sniper, was reported and suspended for these bumps.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back