Time Sniper is reported and suspended.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speaking of snipers, Brent Cotchin was on the Front Bar last night, and as often happens with retired players from clubs that you hate, he now comes across as almost likeable.

And importantly, his hair continues to defy gravity. It is extraordinarily high. Can only think of one other player in competition with him for the highest hair - that prat at Melbourne, Fritsch.

Can’t stand him either, but that might also change when he retires and turns into a human.

Rest easy VP. Cotchin and his wife were generally regarded as the worst on ground up in the Covid bubble. As a couple, they were non-pareil whiners who refused to accept any kind of limitation on their lifestyle. At one stage they got in a bit of trouble for bringing a carpenter on site to make alterations to their hotel rooms.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Rest easy VP. Cotchin and his wife were generally regarded as the worst on ground up in the Covid bubble. As a couple, they were non-pareil whiners who refused to accept any kind of limitation on their lifestyle. At one stage they got in a bit of trouble for bringing a carpenter on site to make alterations to their hotel rooms.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Thank you for this.

Normal transmission has resumed. I no longer think Cotchin is almost likeable.

Nothing tough about it, he’s whacking these guys when they’re exposed and in both cases he wasn’t playing the ball at all. Intent only on injuring.

Then someone needs to line him up and return fire with fire.

I don't know when we accepted that footy should be soft, non contact and any hard physical contact eradicated, rather then learning how to defend it and have your own enforcers deliver thier own punishment on field.

Footy has always had physical elements this is why it was always admired for courageous acts of play and players who would cop it but still perform.

Maynard loved by pies fans because he also plays on the edge.
You need hard nuts to win flags, without it you will falter in the heat of finals where overall physicality goes up.

Actually I think the whole premise of this thread is that Camerons bumps are illegal , reportable and he should be suspended.

I disagree, the only element of the bump thats a problem is the Howe one was late so a free kick, definitely not reportable.

I am a bit confused now where you stand on this. Camerons bump on Howe was late, we agree on that, but do you see anything illegal about it otherwise.

Maybe I see the bump differently from a lot on the board and maybe thats my age. The bumps been cleaned up to protect the head and that is absolutely as it should be. We need the head protected. Probably part of the problem of the head comes from the manical bravery of the modern player and the loss of the idea of protecting yourself which was a part of older footy. Nonetheless even in modern footy you are aiming to hurt the opposition player when you bump them. Even now, as long as players comply with protecting the head requirements, you can bump someone who is not expecting contact.

Its still a physical game and part of it is to intimidate your opponent. You bump to hurt, otherwise you would just tackle most of the time. You don't aim to injure, well maybe not these days, but if someone ends up with bruised or broken ribs, winded, a sore hip, a bruised shoulder and next contest thinks a bit before they go well thats the whole point of it.

Did you get up and about last night when Beau nailed Coniglio, and then when he crunched Ward? Did you marvel at Wards toughness? Did you play yourself and walk a little taller when the blokes in your team who could hand out the physical did so? Maybe that was you, it wasn't me I have to say.

Its a physical game, thats a lot of why we love it. But with that comes the reality sometimes you or your team mates or the Pie players we love we cop a bit. You have to wear that. Howe got a premiership medal, Charlie didn't, nuff said.

As for the hit on McGovern, have we got to the stage where we are concerned about a Carlton player getting bumped. I give Charlie extra kudos for that, he should have hit him harder.

Well said.
Personally I think that suspension for incidental head contact is ridiculous.

Then someone needs to line him up and return fire with fire.

I don't know when we accepted that footy should be soft, non contact and any hard physical contact eradicated, rather then learning how to defend it and have your own enforcers deliver thier own punishment on field.

Footy has always had physical elements this is why it was always admired for courageous acts of play and players who would cop it but still perform.

Maynard loved by pies fans because he also plays on the edge.
You need hard nuts to win flags, without it you will falter in the heat of finals where overall physicality goes up.
I’ve got no issue with physicality in play. What Cameron is doing is sniping after the fact.

Not at all. Mumford was one of the biggest trash talking mofos out there. Stuff the rest of the comp look at the jealous dogs trying to snipe Daics last year. The weak want to pull down the strong. Stuff em!!!!! Mason can be a s**t stirring campaigner but the rest of the comp have that kind of player or players amongst them.

Good riddance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve got no issue with physicality in play. What Cameron is doing is sniping after the fact.

It is late contact he has committed when they have the ball bit makes contact just after they don't. He is making them earn it old school whilst it is on the dirty side it can be evened up when the opportunity presents. Unfortunately no one squares him or rioli up when they do it.

It’s definitely sniping & if you watch the Howe incident he digs the elbow in to damage the ribs, I guess other footy actions can cause damage too, if it’s not reportable, study his method & return the favour to him, few busted ribs of his own may be just the medicine needed to stop him reoffending!😃……….ova n out.

It being reportable or not doesn’t make it any less an obvious dog act. He’s intentionally going in to bump hard after the kick is released to hurt the defenceless player, because he elects to tackle in all other scenarios
The hit on Howe was only a tiny bit late. If he hits him a fraction earlier Howe sprays his kick and it's probably a turnover. We can't expect blokes to go flat chat at contests the way we want them to and never be slightly late. In my book, he gets the benefit of the doubt in terms of it probaly being a legitimite attempt rather than a snipe.

It is late contact he has committed when they have the ball bit makes contact just after they don't. He is making them earn it old school whilst it is on the dirty side it can be evened up when the opportunity presents. Unfortunately no one squares him or rioli up when they do it.
It's not just making him earn it - it's a turnover if he gets him when he's kicking.

Last edited:
Back in the 80,s when I was painting for a living not an artist just a house painter,I fell off a 6ft step ladder up on the 5th step and landed on my back paint went everywhere but luckily the house was empty. I had terrific pain for a week which never went away and if i unlucky enough to sneeze I nearly took off and went through the ceiling.

I went and saw my Dr in the 2nd week after falling and he started touching my ribs and you have two broken ribs from your fall and it will take 2 to 3 mths to heal.

I am not doubting your word but Howe said he had 3 cracked ribs but he had 6 mths to get over he also said the reason he got straight back up was because the Lions all around were paying out on him because they did not think he was that injured but he was according to him straight from the horses mouth.
Just out of interest Stephen May cracked 2 ribs and a vertebrae transverse process on the weekend. His pain and the subsequent ambulance ride to hospital , where he was scanned and the diagnosis confirmed, was just how you expect someone with broken ribs to go. He wasnt going to be back playing , unhindered, a few minutes later.

Just out of interest Stephen May cracked 2 ribs and a vertebrae transverse process on the weekend. His pain and the subsequent ambulance ride to hospital , where he was scanned and the diagnosis confirmed, was just how you expect someone with broken ribs to go. He wasnt going to be back playing , unhindered, a few minutes later.

I hate it when others respond to my emotive opinions with facts. :mad: It lessens my enjoyment of BF.

it puts a into perspective the efforts of dipper and dermie in the 89 granny

You did read the title of the thread?

"Time sniper is reported and suspended."

magpielicious started the whole thread saying its time Cameron , the sniper, was reported and suspended for these bumps.
The tragedy is that the OP only posted once and has no idea it spawned the birth of a new super hero.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back