Status
Not open for further replies.

revo333

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 7, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Seems about right.

I bit the bullet and got Hinge, nobody replies. I even got sent a rose (basically a super like, right? And you only get 1 per week!) and there's no response. The worst is when they're like "aha I'm no good at replying here, add my insta". Checks their insta and they've got 10k followers and certainly won't reply there either.

That's the reddest of red flags on a tinder bio.

mr bagcroft

Norm Smith Medallist
May 19, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Talking to someone for a few days on Hinge, seems cool. Asks me out. I agree. We set a date and both say we are looking forward to it, end of conversation.

Next day I check the app, unmatched :drunk:

I might need a break soon...
Dude.
Women on that thing are not serious.
Its all about validation.
having a bad day?
Feel unattractive?
Ill go on Tinder and get validation..oh look this guy and that one are hitting me up..
Bang I feel better again!
Thats all it is.
They are only going to bother with the Chads, thats the top 5% of males.
And Im guessing your not in the 5%, dont feel bad!
But thats all these dating apps for the vast majority of women are...
Validation. Thats it.

Last edited:

Ray Jay Johnson

Senior List
Feb 23, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Dude.
having a bad day?
Feel unattractive?
Ill go on Tinder and get validation..oh look this guy and that one are hitting me up..
Thats all it is.
Validation. Thats it.
Dude, that incel ‘chad’ garbage is ridiculous. I am sure some women and men are in it for validation, the majority are not. I met my girlfriend on hinge, been together for 2 and a half years now, probably 5 close friends are also either married or in long term relationships from apps.

Sketi

Premiership Player
Jun 24, 2011
depreston
AFL Club
Sydney
Dude, that incel ‘chad’ garbage is ridiculous. I am sure some women and men are in it for validation, the majority are not. I met my girlfriend on hinge, been together for 2 and a half years now, probably 5 close friends are also either married or in long term relationships from apps.
Agreed, I've met plenty of people on there and whether we clicked or not, the majority are at least genuine about dating and wanting to meet people.

That whole incel attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy. If you believe in it you will most likely project it somehow and put people off, or attract the wrong types of people.

chunkylover53

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2008
From Where You'd Rather Be
AFL Club
Carlton
They're what you make of them. If you're an insecure person on there for validation, you'll just naturally attract the same bullshit.

If you're keen to make some connections you'll gravitate towards those looking for the same.

I enjoy the apps for the most part, met some genuinely good girls who I happen to sleep with occasionally.

Bitterness is not good. (which imho is what comes thru in some of these posts- either srs or not so srs)

I went through that phase, lasted about a year back when I was idk 35/36?

Now I really cgaf. /but dont hate men or nothing like that. In fact the complete opposite- have many male friends.
One of my closest mates would be male.

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Dude.
having a bad day?
Feel unattractive?
Thats all it is.
Validation. Thats it.
Of all the generalisations in all the lands, this was by far the most sad.

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Agreed, I've met plenty of people on there and whether we clicked or not, the majority are at least genuine about dating and wanting to meet people.

That whole incel attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy. If you believe in it you will most likely project it somehow and put people off, or attract the wrong types of people.

I don't think it's an incel attitude at all, there's clearly a lot of people on there simply for the validation, when I was dating, anyone with the "add my insta I won't answer on here" was an immediate No, because it was clear they didn't want to actually meet someone.

There's plenty of decent, normal people that do want to meet someone though, so you (unfortunately) have to wade through the swamp of shitty people to find them.

FWIW I found Hinge significantly better for people actually wanting something than Bumble, which was better than Tinder. Don't know if it still holds true now, but from memory Hinge required more effort setting up a profile so you didn't tend to get the lazy Instagram follower farming bios on it.

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
I don't think it's an incel attitude at all, there's clearly a lot of people on there simply for the validation, when I was dating, anyone with the "add my insta I won't answer on here" was an immediate No, because it was clear they didn't want to actually meet someone.

There's plenty of decent, normal people that do want to meet someone though, so you (unfortunately) have to wade through the swamp of shitty people to find them.

FWIW I found Hinge significantly better for people actually wanting something than Bumble, which was better than Tinder. Don't know if it still holds true now, but from memory Hinge required more effort setting up a profile so you didn't tend to get the lazy Instagram follower farming bios on it.
Use of the "Chad" thing and the generalisation that all women on hinge are their for validation is pretty incelly.

Sketi

Premiership Player
Jun 24, 2011
depreston
AFL Club
Sydney

I agree with what you're saying about Hinge, but saying that women only bother with "Chads" in the "top 5% of males" is straight from the incel propaganda book sadly.

Sep 23, 2007
Supercoach Hell
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Orlando magic Baltimore Ravens
Was the case around 18months ago, swiping away, was very much a case of "Add me on Insta, i don't check this much.... and then crickets" But it also depends on the girls you're swiping on. You can pretty much tell from there profiles if there just on Tinder for the followers. Limited bio, Tinder pics are all heavily filtered, don't need Tinder to meet a guy etc.

Agree on Hinge, definitely had the best strike rate of Matches to actual dates, its where I met the Darl

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Maybe your friends are all just in the 5% of Chads, Chad.

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Use of the "Chad" thing and the generalisation that all women on hinge are their for validation is pretty incelly.
I agree with what you're saying about Hinge, but saying that women only bother with "Chads" in the "top 5% of males" is straight from the incel propaganda book sadly.

tbh I didn't get that far down his post on my initial read

Aug 21, 2009
The Superego’s Palace
AFL Club
Carlton
Wait until you find out what your Grinder can do.
I can only assume that Grinder is some kind of boutique coffee and tea merchant based in Melbourne’s inner city?

Should i google it?

Ima google it.

**googles**

8A649F64-645F-47E0-B6FF-F3610F0954E2.jpeg

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Of all the generalisations in all the lands, this was by far the most sad.

I know many women who do it. And have zero intention of actually meeting anyone. They just want to be talked to and chased and desired.

Recently a friend of mine was single 2 days after a 3 year relationship and said she was back on the apps. I asked if she was actually going to meet someone so quickly and she said no. She wanted to get a bit of attention.

I dont know any guys who do that. But I do know guys who just want a root no matter what story they tell about wanting to find the one.

Honesty is a tough find in the dating app world. Im glad Im out of it and just get to enjoy the stories.

Nov 17, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Honesty is a tough find in the dating app world. Im glad Im out of it and just get to enjoy the stories.

I'm an honest sort of bloke and it would never occur to me to lie on something like my resume or dating profile. Sure, pad out the good stuff and leave out s**t that's going to get you the flick, that's a given. Anything bad you can tell them in due course, at the right time. And "honesty" is listed first and foremost as a requirement by so many people.

What proportion of people do you think actually lie on their profiles, with the knowledge that if they DO have a relationship with someone, the truth is going to come out at some point, and could either cost them the entire relationship or else really damage the level of trust that has been built up?

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I'm an honest sort of bloke and it would never occur to me to lie on something like my resume or dating profile. Sure, pad out the good stuff and leave out sh*t that's going to get you the flick, that's a given. Anything bad you can tell them in due course, at the right time. And "honesty" is listed first and foremost as a requirement by so many people.

What proportion of people do you think actually lie on their profiles, with the knowledge that if they DO have a relationship with someone, the truth is going to come out at some point, and could either cost them the entire relationship or else really damage the level of trust that has been built up?

No idea on the proportion but it was heaps.

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
I've seen a girl (who I've met) on the apps a few times who changes her age as often as her clothes.

I assume she's just looking for an ego boost of younger guys finding her attractive. She's not ugly but is 38/39 and looks her age. No amount of make up and filters is going to make someone meeting her believe her age starts with a 2, so if you meet someone then what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back