Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
369A8C3A-1309-4960-B603-5A42CC7FF4C7_4_5005_c.jpeg

SFA Colleagues, I invite you to spend a moment today reflecting on the extraordinary career of SFA's best-loved feline, our very own cats2rise. Cats played his 350th qooty match on the very day of the Grand Final. Owing to an abundance of activity on the day, footy matches, expansion debate, and approximately 300 brand new threads both by and about EJW, the wild celebrations were strategically delayed until this day, 12 July, which will forever be known as the day of the CATS!

SFA merchandising enterprises Ltd has been working night and day on an appropriate commemorative piece for this special occasion. We are proud to bring you this stunning, limited edition cats2rise 350 games mini!

Cats is seen here with his best groomed whiskers in his new Gumbies guernsey - today he wears the number 350 to reflect both his games played and his season 29 Beez finish. You won’t find a handsomer feline kitted out in the blue hoops, nor a more dignified or precious piece to display on your mini SFA interchange bench.

92AC528B-11F9-49C5-833C-E3490CDE378E.jpeg

6342F2B5-2856-44F4-B672-2F0084840E5E.jpeg

F730FC32-94C6-49C8-88C3-EE76B7FD661B.png

You simply won’t BELIEVE what this man has brought to the league. Check this out:

- x1 Premiership Player (S26)
- x1 All-SFA Selection (S11)
- Gumbies FFC Co-Captain (S07)
- Mount Buller Demons Captain (S25)
- x3 Mount Buller Demons Best & Fairest (S12, S21, S24)
- x4 Mount Buller Demons Leading Goalkicker (S11-13, S24)

Highest Disposals:
Disposals - Season 26, Round 05 - (Mount Buller Demons) vs. East Side Hawks
20+ Disposals:
x46
occasions
Highest DreamTeam Points:
DT Points - Season 21, Round 15 (Mount Buller Demons) vs. East Side Hawks
100+ DreamTeam Points:
x13
occasions
Highest Goals:
10 Goals - Season 24, Round 13 - Fighting Furies vs. (Mount Buller Demons)
5+ Goals:
x18
occasions

All this in just 270 unforgettable games for the Mount Buller Demons and 80 (largely forgotten) games prior for the Gumbies or Wolverines or whatever they were calling themselves that week. Season 30 sees the great Cats depart MBD to return, triumphant, to the Gumbies, much in the style of Gary Ablett Jr. for the paycheque, the ridiculous amounts of attention, and to celebrate the life of Jesus with his lucky new teammates through rigorous pre-match songs accompanied by guitar duo and tambourines.

6138C1F0-2B9F-4ECC-8421-B7BAA51F642A_4_5005_c.jpeg

"Congrats Cats on your milestone. A true legend of the league and a funny fella. Thanks for all the help you gave a young rookie in S24 and also the opportunity to lead the mighty Mt Buller side. Enjoy your time at the Geelong Wolves you turncoat flog!!" (Yakker - 2020)

"cats2rise is an absolute legend of our game. He's done pretty much everything you can do in this league. This coming season will be the 25th season since cats' debut, but it's c2r's posting that stands out to me more. When he's not seeking attention by changing username, brutally leaving his club despite his teammates' best effort to retain him, or NOT ****ING RUNNING THE LEAGUE, cats is one of the funniest, most engaging posters I've played with. 350 games is a massive milestone, and should be celebrated accordingly for one of the league's most underrated long-serving posters." (Headless - 2020)

And from his new Season 30 captain the noted flog Barrybran ...

03F57761-040E-4622-AD11-52B18F5F5EFE.gif

"He's ours now. Here's to 351"

As for me, cats was my first captain at MBD. He is a truly hilarious poster that made the Demons a fun place to be. He remains a SFA favourite of mine even following his treacherous move to the gormless Gumbies.

When I first joined the league I didn’t know what it was for, why it was there or what it pertained to. I still don’t. But I suspect that more than anything, the league is for, about and pertaining to people like cats2rise.

Congratulations Cats!

Last edited:

Whilst I expect most responses to contain the phrases “who” “seriously rubbish poster” “overrated” and “is cats2rise still even around” I would like to thank you for the kind words, Proper Gander.

Media and leadership displays like this are why I am fully behind Proper Gander for MBD captain in Season 30. Nuts to manangatang.

Despite the existence of the Wonders, the Sweet FA has given me hours of enjoyment and I feel like Season 30 could be a big one for me.

PS - I sound like okeydoke7 but I have also won 4 x Coaches Awards too.

Last edited:
Would you like to thank me for my kind of words also, cats2rise?
Not before he explains what coaches awards are and then someone comes in and explains why I don’t have any

(Log in to remove this ad.)

350 of the most underwhelming games you'd ever see.
I knew that our pleasantries exchanged about a fortnight ago wouldn’t last.

I’d look at the positive and say I’d easily be in the top 23 posters for 350 games played.

I knew that our pleasantries exchanged about a fortnight ago wouldn’t last.

I’d look at the positive and say I’d easily be in the top 23 posters for 350 games played.
You're like the whale that washed ashore in the Amazon back in May.

What's the correlation?
You're old, outdated, washed-up and in a place you don't belong.
We're also only hearing about it now in July because it took that long for people to realise.

PS: Literally just found out about this through a Facebook status I just saw, pretty crazy.
PPS: Love you C2R

Remove this Banner Ad

Back