Recommitted Todd Goldstein

Remove this Banner Ad

Without seeing his actual contract it's hardly definitive.
But plenty of north posters have been saying he's on $800k per year. Was the 20% pay rise built in to his contract as well? Who knows, but it's been mentioned that quite a few players had this in their contracts.
I think your figure of $600k pa is way way under. He was the standout premium ruckman in the comp with plenty of clubs chasing him. He was a priority re-signing for north at the time. Probably easy North's highest paid player.

He was on 650k, the highest on our list. Now 800k is plausible. We should push it back to 550k due to performance.

Contracted until the end of 2019 isn't he? I doubt he will agree to drop $250k x 2 .

If north want to trade him out I'd suggest north will have to pay a hefty part of his contract to make it attractive to another club. Not sure of the trade pick value. One of the best when he's in form, but is the form temporary or is he in decline? Big questions that north or another club will gamble on
If north think it's temporary I can't see why they'd want to trade him out. He stays with his contract intact.

Contracted until the end of 2019 isn't he? I doubt he will agree to drop $250k x 2 .

If north want to trade him out I'd suggest north will have to pay a hefty part of his contract to make it attractive to another club. Not sure of the trade pick value. One of the best when he's in form, but is the form temporary or is he in decline? Big questions that north or another club will gamble on
If north think it's temporary I can't see why they'd want to trade him out. He stays with his contract intact.
Well considering we are looking at prospective Father-Sons and an academy pick next year, we could do with an extra second rounder for next year. I would say that the list management at North have looked at this and may have front-loaded his deal considering his age at the end of the contract, but this is all hypothetical of course. So paying part of his contract out would make sense, but I would doubt we would pay the whole thing for obvious reasons, i.e. the sheer amount/price. We did the same with Ahern and paying part of his original GWS salary.

e

errrrrrrrrr he is not in place to agree or disagree, unless he got credits and performance on the table, we the club demands. His reliance on us increases by the increase as our reliance on him decreases by the year. Soon, he will be given a choice of play 2nd fiddle to preuss at reduce salary or reduced salary in vfl. Goldstein has got a choice to make, jump up and down and find a new club (not at 800k) or has a nice a cushy 500k retirement fund per year after the current contract ends.

e
errrrrrrrrr he is not in place to agree or disagree, unless he got credits and performance on the table, we the club demands. His reliance on us increases by the increase as our reliance on him decreases by the year. Soon, he will be given a choice of play 2nd fiddle to preuss at reduce salary or reduced salary in vfl. Goldstein has got a choice to make, jump up and down and find a new club (not at 800k) or has a nice a cushy 500k retirement fund per year after the current contract ends.

I don't think you understand how contracts work. Players in contract don't agree to a pay cut just because they're not playing well.
If you go by that rule you'd have every player who outperforms their salary demanding an immediate increase.

This is why Tippett and Mundy have become such a burden to their respective teams. North can't just change their mind because they don't like the outcome. You gambled on Goldstien's future and lost.

Why would they get anything for retiring a group of old players?

GCS would go for players with a couple of years left. Maybe Brisbane would want an experienced player to guide the kids.

Or a club looking to top up.

But I dont think Goldy has much vslue any more. Dropped away massively from 2 years ago. Even the start of last year.

I don't think you understand how contracts work. Players in contract don't agree to a pay cut just because they're not playing well.
If you go by that rule you'd have every player who outperforms their salary demanding an immediate increase.

This is why Tippett and Mundy have become such a burden to their respective teams. North can't just change their mind because they don't like the outcome. You gambled on Goldstien's future and lost.

Errrrrrrrrrrrr, you have gambled on martin's salary (7x1.2mil) and have lost. Of course if he leaves, you would still have lost................face. At worst, Goldstein hands down beats any of your ruckman.

That's the point. I think instead of retiring everyone they needed to trade out some of the guys that had currency such as Goldstein or Higgins. Neither will be there when they are contending again.

errrrrrrrrr higgin is kind of in form...

Errrrrrrrrrrrr, you have gambled on martin's salary (7x1.2mil) and have lost. Of course if he leaves, you would still have lost................face. At worst, Goldstein hands down beats any of your ruckman.

errrr great come back genius. Good luck with your "Goldy will take a pay cut" wet dream. I bet Collingwood and Sydney will wonder why they never thought of that great idea:drunk:

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

errrrr.gif

e

Huh? It's a contract, you've already agreed what you will pay. You can't unilaterally change it based on his form.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back