• Iga Swiatek

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Garbine Muguruza

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Women)

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Novak wins his first match comfortably. He is very popular at the athletes village posing for lots of photos with different athletes. His opponent asked to trade tops at the end of the match as well.

Novak Djokovic and Daniil Medvedev have called for Olympic organisers to change the tennis schedule because of the sweltering conditions players said were the "toughest" they had experienced.

World number one Djokovic, who launched his bid for gold with a quick first-round win, said matches should be pushed back to later in the day.

"I don't understand why they don't start matches at, say, 3pm," he said.

"We still have seven hours to play. They have lights on all the courts."

going to be a tough week for the players. It looked brutal out there. survival of the fittest.

They arent moving timeslots.

Novak whinging because he doesn't like the heat. Nothing unusual.

But I do wonder why there isn't matches scheduled later. Probably could of done 5 matches per court

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is nothing to suggest that Joker struggles in the heat - He would have come across hot days at the Oz Open and the US Open.

He's always struggles with the heat. He wins anyway but doesn't mean he doesn't struggle.

Novak used to really struggle with it.

I still remember 2009 against Roddick. Novak didn't last 4 sets. he is a lot better than he used to be. He does like things perfect. He didnt like the wind at the French Open in 2019.

Ash is on CC, then Osaka. Stosur/Perez are in the doubles plus Ducky are all starting a 11am(Midday AEST) both mens doubles teams are starting a bit later in the day.

I'm blaming the organisers for putting Ash on first so I couldn't see her play. That's why she lost, yeah?

Ah well...

Back