Drummond

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Red Wings
Day 11 was a great day for Australia, rebounding after yesterday’s disappointment. Wins for the Kookaburras, Boomers and our women’s beach volleyball team. Some incredible results in the athletics too; Warholm, Duplantis, Thompson, and some amazing heats and semis. A lot of day 12 highlights are featured on the track, and without the Hockeyroos, this is our teams “off day”.

Day 12 highlights:

* Swimming women’s marathon 10km
* Men’s decathlon
* Volleyball women’s QF’s
* Women’s heptathlon
* Men’s 110m hurdles SF
* Women’s 400m hurdles final (McLaughlin, Muhammad, Bol, huge)
* Basketball QF: Opals vs USA
* Sailing 470 men medal race (gold for Australia!)
* Women’s 1500m SF
* Women’s 400m SF
* Women’s 3000m steeplechase final
* Men’s 800m final (Peter Bol…he couldn’t could he?!)
* Men’s 200m final (Lyles, de Grasse, Knighton)

Track cycling Team's Pursuit boys are going for bronze v NZ after GBR was effectively disqualified and didn't register a time against The Danes.

If Australia medals in both 800 and 1500 it will be like turning the clock back 50 or 60 or 70 years. I don't think they will win, but if they do I will be yelling louder than Warholm did yesterday.

Turned on the Tv 10 minutes ago and the 10km open water swim was finishing with about 500m to go and Kareena Lee picked up bronze, almost stealing silver but 5 times world champion Cunha of Brazil won by 3/4 of a body length.

* me swimming for 1 minute 59 minutes and then having a sprint right at the end.

Last edited:
I am in desperate need of sleep, only a few more days to go 🤣🤣🤣
I am physically cooked. I normally need my 8ish hours a night, been going off 6 for 2 weeks, last night was under 5. So run down, but pushing through because that’s what you’ve gotta go. These early starts for work aren’t helping though.

Did we just win a bronze in the marathon swimming? Wow how good!

I am physically cooked. I normally need my 8ish hours a night, been going off 6 for 2 weeks, last night was under 5. So run down, but pushing through because that’s what you’ve gotta go. These early starts for work aren’t helping though.

Did we just win a bronze in the marathon swimming? Wow how good!
You need some pharmaceutical assistance Drumm. Or maybe plenty of caffeine Alex Watson style.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tonight is the night for the big boys (+109kg) in weightlifting. Though I'm not sure there will be much drama as there is a strong favourite.

Weightlifting is on a warning from the IOC that it will be dropped due to continued doping violations. Many athletes and countries have been banned from this Olympics and most events have had shallow depth.

Kurtis Marschall bombs out of pole vault final in a massive shock. He was expected to be in the medal mix having already cleared 5.75 in qualifying and 5.80m this season. But the 24-year-old never found his rhythm or the nerve that he showed in Gold Coast Comm Games three years ago, missing all three attempts at 5.55 m.

Our beach volley ballers Taliqua Clancy and Mariafe del Solar find that extra something to defeat top-seeds Canada 2-1 to clinch a semis berth.

Our sailors Matt Belcher and Will Ryan assured of the gold in the 470 class.

Our Opals, Kookaburras and Boomers pull out great wins to remain in the medal race. Commiserations Hockeyroos.. you had a rare off day in the one that counted.

Our track athletes continue to punch above their weight.

Last edited:
Tonight is the night for the big boys (+109kg) in weightlifting. Though I'm not sure there will be much drama as there is a strong favourite.

Weightlifting is on a warning from the IOC that it will be dropped due to continued doping violations. Many athletes and countries have been banned from this Olympics and most events have had shallow depth.
The big boys are always good to watch, PEDs or no PEDs. Big blokes with huge weights, yelling and screaming as you see the 20kg bar bend a bit as they lift those huge weights especially in the clean and jerk.m

Last edited:
Japan Airlines has reported the bad behaviour by some of our athletes on the flite back home. C'mon guys.. you are still representing your nation even tho your job as athletes is over.

Last edited:
Japan Airlines has reported the bad behaviour by some of our athletes on the flite back home. C'mon guys.. you are still representing your nation even tho your job as athletes is over.
Poor behaviour , very disappointing considering they are also representing the nation at the Olympics

I never want it to end!
NGL, i was like most in the lead-up to the games ( Grooooan, gonna be boring with no crowds etc etc ) but after we went into lockdown , it's been an absolute godsend.

I hear you. It's always depressing once it's over. At least we only have to wait 3 years for the next one.

Korea and turkey into a 5th set in the volleyball.

Technically it's only six months until Beijing 2022!

Worth noting Tom Green and Jean van der Westhuyzen broke a 25 year Olympic Record in the Heats for the Kayak double

Remove this Banner Ad

Back