Summer Tokyo 2021 - Track Cycling

Remove this Banner Ad

Edmondson threw it away. Sat up after her 2 points and dropped off the lead group and sat 10 meters back from them for a while. I was screaming at the TV for her to give her all to close the gap. Then she swung up again and the girl on her wheel didn't come through and that was that. Lap gone.

Why are the Aussies so tactically inept? Don't they ever train tactics?

Don't know who our coaching team are but surely they have to go after this games. We have no idea.

It was really bizarre. It was so obvious that group was going to lap the field and she blew herself up to ride solo and win a few sprint points and then just let them get away.

It seems like they are using the Olympics for practice/learning ... but the Olympics shouldn't be the place for that.

Glaetzer has experience, so hopefully he can put himself in a good position in the keirin final and is feeling strong.

Spent a lot of time without cover in both races so far.
It is a double edged sword though as you have to make the final field and be up front so you don’t cop the hard luck story by being boxed in! No use being fresh but not in the final race for a medal.

It was really bizarre. It was so obvious that group was going to lap the field and she blew herself up to ride solo and win a few sprint points and then just let them get away.

It seems like they are using the Olympics for practice/learning ... but the Olympics shouldn't be the place for that.

Glaetzer has experience, so hopefully he can put himself in a good position in the keirin final and is feeling strong.

My god... Blows it again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How f...king crap are our cyclists this Games???!!!! That was appalling by Edmondson.

Need a complete review of the disaster this meet has been...................

Edmondson has been doing these races for years and years. I think she did the one in London.

Shocking tactics in the elimination. Should know better than to get caught out on the inside. And for missing the break in the tempo....She was way better than that. time for fresh faces in this team.

loved the Japanese work in that Elimination.

Think that bloke needs a two word expletive himself after reading that.

So many classic quotes in that article. Obviously hindsight is beneficial but how about this line...

"I would not be at all shocked if the top two teams at the Olympics are Australia and Italy, or Australia and Great Britain, and Denmark — who set three world records in a row — don't medal. That is entirely feasible."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back