Tom Boyd

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
St Kilda are in. Lots of clubs in Melbourne. A lot of them are finals teams too. Isn't he a Carlton supporter?
So many options...
Probably why your good mate "Pickers" said three times "coming home" notice he didn't say "Western Bulldogs".
Something almost biblical about this... didn't Judas or Peter thrice deny Jesus? That didn't work out well for anyone.
No he did say the bulldogs (but that could change) Pickering didn't say that things could change that's my take. He is going home but what club could change.

Its a matter of perspective. Griffen is elite. A captain. Boyd has played 9 games and 'might be good.
Griffen has 3-4 injury prone years left.. You say Boyd has played 9 games and "might" be good.. A million a year, let's hope it's better than might

No he did say the bulldogs (but that could change) Pickering didn't say that things could change that's my take. He is going home but what club could change.

In those tweets Dickers says "he sees A (as in one) future at the Bulldogs".
"he wants to COME HOME. He will COME HOME."
" Boyd will COME HOME when his contract expires at the end of 2015 regardless (of whether it's the Dogs or someone better)"

This is practiced agent doublespeak designed to close no doors and push his agenda (in this case an immediate trade he has no right demanding).
Trust me I was a journalist and had a (darkside) communications job once too.

Why are you so worked about trading someone who might be good for an elite mid captain...???? you should be rapt, what a bargain for you aye.
I'm not worked at all I'd trade him to whoever gives us the best deal. I don't run the club and I suspect they will make him see out his contract.

In those tweets Dickers says "he sees A (as in one) future at the Bulldogs".
"he wants to COME HOME. He will COME HOME."
" Boyd will COME HOME when his contract expires at the end of 2015 regardless (of whether it's the Dogs or someone better)"

This is practiced agent doublespeak designed to close no doors and push his agenda (in this case an immediate trade he has no right demanding).
Trust me I was a journalist and had a (darkside) communications job once too.
No doubt lennyP23 is trying to rush the deal this year for money.

WaterBoyd (c) - I'm BigFooty trademarking that by the way - going nowhere.

OFFICIAL SITE: "Club welcomes Pickering's comments that Boyd will honour his contract for 2015 and look forward to seeing him back at training next month..."

http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/news/2014-10-14/statement-on-tom-boyd

The GIANTS welcome comments by Tom Boyd's manager that he will honour his contract with the club.

Liam Pickering told Trade Radio that Boyd would play for the GIANTS in 2015 if he was not traded.

Chief Executive David Matthews said: "Given we have said Tom will not be traded under any circumstances we are pleased that any ambiguity has been removed and we look forward to welcoming Tom back to training next month and preparing for the 2015 season."

Just s#its me that he will be at our club next year - supposedly not wanting to be - while Mark Whiley is shipped off to Carlton against his will. Now there was a player who has more guts and heart than this posturing pretty boy who WANTED to play for us.

No justice in the world.

Gee the love for Ryan Griffen seems to have dissipated now that Boyd is in the mix. I'd be very surprised if Griffen and the Bulldogs aren't talking to other clubs by now.

The doomsday scenario is that the Boyd Griffen swap isn't done, Griffen gets traded to your biggest future competitor (GC whose list manager by the way recruited Griffen ahead of Buddy in the first place). Boyd then goes for nothing in the PSD next year to us or the Saints.

Endgame, GWS end up with no Griffen, a disinterested and alienated Boyd they lose for nothing next year, and a bunch of player agents who will refuse to encourage their marquee players to GWS because they won't get the deal done....not a happy place
What a load of piss filled ****ing horse shit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just s#its me that he will be at our club next year - supposedly not wanting to be - while Mark Whiley is shipped off to Carlton against his will. Now there was a player who has more guts and heart than this posturing pretty boy who WANTED to play for us.

No justice in the world.
Apart from Whiley. I think justice has been served - the spawny upstart at the delusional Dogs collecting $900k would be unjust.
Now we have the world's most overpaid - and probably booed - WaterBoyd (c)!

Pickering was pretty clear that they were talking to the Bulldogs about moving for 2016, but escalated discussions when the Griffen trade request came. To say he misread the situation probably isn't the right words, but I'd say he was a little too opportunistic in this situation.

Hate that our Clubs dont want to work together...both need to work through this in a smart way.
Facts are:
  • Griffen wants to play for GWS a Captain and the perfect player to take you to the finals next year,allowing your younger guys not to be tagged.
  • Boyd can not stay at GWS now and played his hand by nominating the Dogs and will nominate to leave anyway,this will cause a distraction all year to a young club.
  • Pick 4 will get GWS either McCardin or Wright both could be better than Boyd.
  • GWS have Patton Cameran Tominlson and a couple of other good forward prospects.
  • GWS want to swap picks 4 and 7 for 1 Petracca
We should just make it happen now loose Boyd and gain Petracca and Griffen......

Hey hey don't be too hasty there with predictions, there is a perfectly available spot at full forward in the NEAFL. We couldn't take it out this year but with Tom at the helm we are every chance of atoning in 15'

Meanwhile Stewart and McCarthy can start to develop a combination that will take us to Premiership glory.

Pickering was pretty clear that they were talking to the Bulldogs about moving for 2016, but escalated discussions when the Griffen trade request came. To say he misread the situation probably isn't the right words, but I'd say he was a little too opportunistic in this situation.

No, I think Pickering played the Dogs.

Right now, the base salary for his client from 2016 out is $1.1m a year. If a club wants him to select them, they'll need to raise that.

If you're Pickering, thats a good outcome.

The Dogs have been looking for a rival for a few years now as we seem to be everyone's second favourite team in the comp. Now we've got one.

Having a heated rivalry and build up every time we play will only be good for both our clubs, love it. Bring on 2015, safe to say there will be some boys going in hard that game, especially after round 23 this year.

The Dogs have been looking for a rival for a few years now as we seem to be everyone's second favourite team in the comp. Now we've got one.

Having a heated rivalry and build up every time we play will only be good for both our clubs, love it. Bring on 2015, safe to say there will be some boys going in hard that game, especially after round 23 this year.

Call me old fashioned if you want, but I think that brawl in round 23 was good for footy :)

Given how many dog's supporters are berating the GWS board to go ahead with the trade, it's as plain as daylight that the deal favours them. GWS is doing the right thing by not budging.

Gordon is going to get even more desperate as trade week comes to a close, I see him paying a personal visit to Tony Shepherd on Thursday morning

gordon_shepherd.jpg

GWS are going up while the Dogs are going down.. The rivalry will last one game.

This is called backtracking, saving face and restoring equilibrium - squirming back into your assigned seat.
This was why he let scapegoat Gordon front the attack bear the brunt of the reprisals, so he has this plausible deniability.

PICKWAD: I was working within the constraints of my appointed brief when an external event led me to make an innocent enquiry in the interests of all concerned. Simply trying to grease the wheels get the best result for all sides.
Of course, now it's a non-event my client is happy to honour his existing contract, always was. Can you furnish any direct quotes form either my client or myself to the contrary? Didn't think so - cause we carefully didn't make any.

Basically he took a punt on making another $80k next year, nothing to lose except credibility. Not caring who he upset or what precedent was set.

You're third man in the melee here - probably get the blame but we - Ian and I and others - declared a rivalry around three days ago.
More fun than the the obvious Swans and Suns.

Its times like these when Im reminded that stupid burns.

Look at GWS' list. Add three years and another 50 games to it. Find me the sort of holes in it that need extensive use of free agency.

It doesnt. What it needs is cap room, to retain those players, and time.

Now, there was a time when there was a deal that could have been done to spend some draft picks and create some cap room and bring in a bridging midfielder for those three years. But, due to an acute attack of stupid by a panicking club president, that time is gone.

The Dogs are not getting Boyd this year. He is, as I'd said repeatedly, untradeable, as in 'not going to be traded'. Yes, he was tapped up. Yes, he was promised a shitload of cash if he didnt re-sign. Big deal, life in the big city. Have a go next year, together with everyone else, after you've lost surprise (and when we all see who you hire as a coach, and how they deal with things).

Now, imagine the Western Bulldogs new list manager Gordon coming back to the supporter base and saying 'We totally didnt get Boyd, despite the money we promised him. The bastards wouldnt trade. But we did totally trade them our ex-captain, Griffen'.

The same melting flogs who were so angry at the Griffen-for-cap-room trade - in other words, you and people like you - would rip the joint apart, because dammit you got promised Boyd ! And pick 4 ! And pick 7 !

You'll get an offer for Griffen. But he's under contract, and after all thats happened, accepting our new offer will be seen as an insult by a very angry Doggies supporter base.

And this is why you hire professionals, and let them do their job, and dont do amateur hour shenanigans like getting your club president to be your list manager.

Thank you rational Ian. Thank you for proving what I knew all along. Things aren't so "rational" when your pick 1 tall forward is running for the door. BAZINGA big fella and best wishes to your club on the trading floor :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back