Recommitted Tom McDonald [re-signed until 2018]

Remove this Banner Ad

If his year isn’t that great I doubt you’d be paying anywhere near 4.3 million.
It’s very obvious you’re just stirring the pot anyway. Your arguements say as much.

Over 5 years

It's a serious consideration

Who's his manager

Hope his years not that great

We don't want to go over 4.3 million which melbourne can't match

He's pretty keen to get away from a few knobs down there
Just like Jeremy was
We have the money, we have the need , we have the upper hand and he has a st Patrick's connection go micky

Will fit perfectly and after last years EMBARASMENT in the final round being pantsed by half a team that was out of contention Why would he stay
Keep trollin bro

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Wasn't that high profile when he left though. I'm thinking Luke Ball is the only example in the last decade really.
He had a team mate who was fairly high profile around 6 years ago...

Never playing in a final is a redundant argument. Plus if he's not that high profile why would it take 800k to get him to move?
I never said it would take 800k for him to move. Clubs will pay what they think he's worth to them. He's a good player he's just not particularly famous.
Seeing as though you recognise stupid arguments let me point out that the size of the club is irrelevant.

If Gawn, Viney, Petracca, or Oliver wanted to leave Melbourne just about every club in the competition would be into them and remunerate them accordingly.
Irrelevant. I would say they're all actually high profile players.
Josh Gibson was a third tall of little renown at North. Tom McDonald is a media darling who plays FB and FF.
Media darling? What planet do you live on. Little renown is a good description of McDonald. Only close followers of the game have an idea of who he is.

His best 3 mates are at the pies

Heaps of cap space

Gone
His 3 best mates are his brother, Viney and Jones. He actually hates Jeremy Howe so good call there mate.
Hope his years not that great

We don't want to go over 4.3 million which melbourne can't match

He's pretty keen to get away from a few knobs down there
Just like Jeremy was
We have the money, we have the need , we have the upper hand and he has a st Patrick's connection go micky

Will fit perfectly and after last years EMBARASMENT in the final round being pantsed by half a team that was out of contention Why would he stay
He and Howe hate each other. Shows how much you know. Collingwood are absolutely no chance of getting him, none. And I hate ruling teams out of contention for OOC players, but why the * would he go to a team that will not contend whilst he's still around when he can stay, get a huge deal (right now it looks like 3.5 mil over 5) from Melbourne who will contend in 2-3 years?

His 3 best mates are his brother, Viney and Jones. He actually hates Jeremy Howe so good call there mate.

He and Howe hate each other. Shows how much you know. Collingwood are absolutely no chance of getting him, none. And I hate ruling teams out of contention for OOC players, but why the **** would he go to a team that will not contend whilst he's still around when he can stay, get a huge deal (right now it looks like 3.5 mil over 5) from Melbourne who will contend in 2-3 years?
Jared Rivers is about 10 years older than him, and left the club after his second season. So weird.

Which only highlights the stupidity of you referencing the size of our club in the post I quoted.
The size of the club only matters in relation to the other things. Like KPD at Hawthorn are high profile just because they're at the Hawks and won flags. No need to call me stupid, very sad internet bullying behaviour.

I never said it would take 800k for him to move. Clubs will pay what they think he's worth to them. He's a good player he's just not particularly famous.

Irrelevant. I would say they're all actually high profile players.

Media darling? What planet do you live on. Little renown is a good description of McDonald. Only close followers of the game have an idea of who he is.

Melbourne will offer him somewhere from 500-700k depending on whether we are better at negotiating than his manager. Ergo it would take more than that for him to leave. I know north is chasing anyone like the drunk guy at a bar when the lights go up but you will end up with another lampshade

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair, Dawes wanted to stay. Buckley just told him that he'd be playing the Leigh Brown role or VFL.

That was ment to have a scared face emoji but I used me phone one not the bigfooty emoji. I dont think Dawes was high profile though was he? Cant think of who else might have left Collingwood then to another Vic club? Thomas left but he was cooked.

That was ment to have a scared face emoji but I used me phone one not the bigfooty emoji. I dont think Dawes was high profile though was he? Cant think of who else might have left Collingwood then to another Vic club? Thomas left but he was cooked.
Daniel Wells is another example, though he knew North was set for a fall.

He and Howe hate each other. Shows how much you know. Collingwood are absolutely no chance of getting him, none. And I hate ruling teams out of contention for OOC players, but why the **** would he go to a team that will not contend whilst he's still around when he can stay, get a huge deal (right now it looks like 3.5 mil over 5) from Melbourne who will contend in 2-3 years?
Round 23 pal last year and queens birthday game showed the pies are as relevant in the equation
Bigger club
More money
More profile
Oh and your wrong they speak all the time

Funny if he hates him

We will see

Jared Rivers is about 10 years older than him, and left the club after his second season. So weird.

Not weird at all

It's called respect

Who taught him as a young bloke when he got there , who showed him the ropes , who stayed in touch
Mentor

And who was one of the only blokes down there who was welcoming

You realise that people stay in touch , even if at other clubs

Collingwood vs melbourne debate.

Why would anyone from Melbourne give this oxygen.

Collingwood are completely irrelevant in the current AFL landscape.

If they are willing to pay a bloke who kicked 23 goals last year over 800k a year it just screams desperation.

Collingwood vs melbourne debate.

Why would anyone from Melbourne give this oxygen.

Collingwood are completely irrelevant in the current AFL landscape.

If they are willing to pay a bloke who kicked 23 goals last year over 800k a year it just screams desperation.
To be fair, he kicked 23 goals from maybe, 8-10 games playing as a forward, so it's pretty reasonable to think he could kick 40-50 with with a full season in front of goal. But your other point is spot on, while he's very unlikely to leave Melbourne, there is a far smaller chance he'd do it to go to Collingwood.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back