Player Watch Tom Mitchell

Remove this Banner Ad

Nobody is saying he didn’t get us to where we needed to go last year or didn’t have a fantastic gf. He did his job we recruited him for.

But it’s a new year, we are looking forward and not what happened previously. That’s irrelevant now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And for those that forgot. On Grand Final day he had 24 possessions.

Yeah.
No body has forgotten.

Let’s give his body a rest till his up to that standard.

No point playing him in these earlier open games where his pace is exposed. Better of keeping him fresh for the higher pressure games where there is less space.

GF was 6months ago!

If Tom’s form over preseason and now is below par… then let him work his way back into form in the twos

Not worth carrying too many blokes out of form at once. Foolish to risk going 0-4… or even 1-3… just out of loyalty to players reputations or because they’re a premiership hero

if there was no depth I’d understand… but young Macrae is there and in good form

Sullivan probably not far off it in terms of form too

Looked like he was coasting through the practice matches (fair) but just couldn't get into the game on Saturday night. He had a few similar games last year where he just couldn't get involved, likely due to the pace of midfield. Particularly players like Green, and he'd struggle against a JDG type.

Not writing him off for a second. I think he may be rested for teams that don't suit him, or at least be a pre-planned sub off.

Further to this I wouldn't be surprised if we subbed him off in anticipation of next week; interstate, 6 day break, hot conditions etc.

To the blokes knocking him for Satday nite. Pull your head in. He did his job last year and we won the flag. Stop being flogs and give credit where it's due.

Too many people are only good when we're winning. Lose and you quick to pull out the guns and unload.
You must of been upset when he left Hawthorn….

Nobody is saying he didn’t get us to where we needed to go last year or didn’t have a fantastic gf. He did his job we recruited him for.

But it’s a new year, we are looking forward and not what happened previously. That’s irrelevant now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not at all, shows what he’s capable of and he has the runs on the board. I doubt that’s evaporated over the summer.
He had a quiet one, like a lot of players and he’ll be just as important this year as last.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am a long time fan of Tommy. He’s an ultra professional in the way he goes about his game.

Preparation, pre season, game day and through the season. It can be any time but he’ll be busting his ass the same at an ultra high and reliable level.

There will be times you’ll need to manage him, sub him out early or give him a week off. But he still has an important role to play. He is still one of the more clean and class users by hand. His inside work is still sublime.

Workrate still up there too, just won’t get back to his prime which is understandable, but is someone you can be flexible with and come importance of finals, your Tom Mitchell types, will be invaluable.

I am a long time fan of Tommy. He’s an ultra professional in the way he goes about his game.

Preparation, pre season, game day and through the season. It can be any time but he’ll be busting his ass the same at an ultra high and reliable level.

There will be times you’ll need to manage him, sub him out early or give him a week off. But he still has an important role to play. He is still one of the more clean and class users by hand. His inside work is still sublime.

Workrate still up there too, just won’t get back to his prime which is understandable, but is someone you can be flexible with and come importance of finals, your Tom Mitchell types, will be invaluable.
I couldn’t find that many positive things to say about Ginnivan.

I couldn’t find that many positive things to say about Ginnivan.
Haha 🤣

It is the power of respect, and viewing the afl in a differing limelight to your usual fan.

Focus more so now on enjoying the sport, as much as personal team preferences.

He did wonderful things for us and is a class act from what I’ve seen and in my opinion. Doesn’t have to be the same for everyone and their viewpoints.

He is not due to be overtaken anytime soon. At the top of his game. Sublime player

He had a pretty poor 2023 and got subbed out a lot, people have forgotten that because he had a good finals series.

I think him Sidebottom and Pendlebury definitely leaves us vulnerable when the game is open and fast like it was against the Giants. Mitchell is much more suited to tight contested finals footy...

He had a pretty poor 2023 and got subbed out a lot, people have forgotten that because he had a good finals series.

I think him Sidebottom and Pendlebury definitely leaves us vulnerable when the game is open and fast like it was against the Giants. Mitchell is much more suited to tight contested finals footy...
Just rubbish. He was flat as a tack during our heavy training load in the back end of the season. Excellent early and wasn't far from winning the Norm Smith in an outstanding finals series.

Just rubbish. He was flat as a tack during our heavy training load in the back end of the season. Excellent early and wasn't far from winning the Norm Smith in an outstanding finals series.
I've been quick to criticise Mitchell, but to say he had a poor 2023 is utter nonsense as you point out. He was excellent in the thick of things for us

Remove this Banner Ad

Back