Player Watch Tom Mitchell

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol I got a notification about someone posting here and responded. Genuinely thought it was the hawks board but idc, some of the high horsery around the T.Mitchell stuff has been astounding honestly and I would’ve posted the same response regardless of where it was.
Is that because you are a campaigner?

Lol I got a notification about someone posting here and responded. Genuinely thought it was the hawks board but idc, some of the high horsery around the T.Mitchell stuff has been astounding honestly and I would’ve posted the same response regardless of where it was.
Only problem with your response is that you have forgotten to read the rules on posting on our board as a 'guest' so be mindful of what you post on OUR board.
Not all posts are welcome!

Lol pull up campaigner your clubs been just as bad culturally as anyone’s in the last 10 years
What? I'm not talking about broader club culture, I'm just pointing out a practice that I consider to be really s**t practice. I actually find it astonishing that in this day and age a coaching group is trying to use that as a motivator with all the pitfalls of doing so.

Oh. Just noticed your username. Uncritical fanboy. Good luck with your support as the rest of the club drops off someone who clearly isn't ready for the job.

Can't say I really care about the Hawks coaching stuff. What I found most interesting was him saying he prefers to play the inside role and getting the ball to Nick and De Goey rather than racking up the 35 touches a game because its the best way to win, almost like some of us had a point all those years ago

He’s one I think we probably should have tried to salary dump if possible, hope he proves me wrong
ooh this came around in the end
People need to stop worrying about his age, we brought him in to win a flag next year and/or the year after
so did this

* 0.4/5.0

* rating provided exclusively by Spam Bitchell

Jeez... some very revealing stuff about the way Hawks run things in here. Not surprised he wanted out.
Love you, Wombat!

Maybe a rating of 1/5 was a little harsh, however, if it’s how they do things at Hawthorn, I don’t think it’s all that bad.

Mitchell was one of their most senior players. If he isn’t carrying out instruction (which he admitted to), then it doesn’t set a great example to a young team and he needed to be called out that regardless who you are, you’re going to be made accountable.

No doubt we benefitted from the trade and he was superb in the GF. Maybe that feedback ensured he wasn’t going to make the same mistakes at his new club?

Can't say I really care about the Hawks coaching stuff. What I found most interesting was him saying he prefers to play the inside role and getting the ball to Nick and De Goey rather than racking up the 35 touches a game because its the best way to win, almost like some of us had a point all those years ago

ooh this came around in the end

so did this
I wonder if Taylor Adams had this mindset?

With his move to Sydney for more midfield time and his previous playing habits it seems like he wanted to be the playmaking midfielder of the team.

Maybe a rating of 1/5 was a little harsh, however, if it’s how they do things at Hawthorn, I don’t think it’s all that bad.

Mitchell was one of their most senior players. If he isn’t carrying out instruction (which he admitted to), then it doesn’t set a great example to a young team and he needed to be called out that regardless who you are, you’re going to be made accountable.

No doubt we benefitted from the trade and he was superb in the GF. Maybe that feedback ensured he wasn’t going to make the same mistakes at his new club?
And you're right. Mitchell may be an innovator who leads us back to the glory days of public humiliation as a primary motivator of improvement...

I'd be looking at British boarding schools from the 50s as a source of great ideas for Sammy.

Last edited:
And you're right. Mitchell may be an innovator who leads us back to the glory days of public humiliation as a primary motivator of improvement...

I'd be looking at British boarding schools from the 50s as a source of great ideas for Sammy.
Or simply ban the numbers 1 and 2, when scoring out of 5.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surprised Mitchell doesn’t get those who scored one star into the centre of a player circle and dack them in front of a camera.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back