Oppo Camp Tom Phillips (Traded to Hawthorn 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

All things Tom Phillips here - and there will be a few good things to come this year I'm predicting

Collingwood bio

Wiki bio - to come

Welcome to Collingwood

Tom's bumpy road

At home with Tom

Tom - the new time trial king

151130_timetrial600b620x370.jpg

Great career potential I think.
I hear he's taken well to all the training.

He has Knightmare's imprimatur - that is a good pointer

Has a lovely left foot, can't wait to see him in seniors.

Honestly, at this point in time, I just want to see kids who can hit a target consistently by foot. I'm starting to tire of all the blue collar footballers we seem to have been recruiting since forever.

Has anyone got information on how Tom Phillips has been going this preseason?

A huge ball winner at junior levels, but have not heard much at all on him early in the piece.

Will he be a chance for R1?

A huge ball winner at junior levels, but have not heard much at all on him early in the piece.

Not Sure about RD 1. Might have to watch the NAB Challenge.

Beat Steele in the 2km at start of the Year.

Info From Inside Footy:

Screen_Shot_2016_01_31_at_4_27_43_PM.png

Not Sure about RD 1. Might have to watch the NAB Challenge.

Beat Steele in the 2km at start of the Year.

Info From Inside Footy:

Screen_Shot_2016_01_31_at_4_27_43_PM.png
Have you had a chance to see him yourself yet, TD? I'm also keen to know how he's tracking and how good his skills actually are under AFL-training drill conditions

He'll be a chance to play this season but round 1 would be a huge stretch. He has elite endurance which is a big plus

We'll have to wait until intra-club match and NAB challenge to really get a good idea of how he is going

Have you had a chance to see him yourself yet, TD? I'm also keen to know how he's tracking and how good his skills actually are under AFL-training drill conditions

Sorry - Have not been to Training this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He'll be a chance to play this season but round 1 would be a huge stretch. He has elite endurance which is a big plus

We'll have to wait until intra-club match and NAB challenge to really get a good idea of how he is going
I agree but we've also been well known to throw a smokey in the team round 1 in previous years.

Looking forward to seeing this kid run around.

Seems a likely candidate to me, with no real experience of what he has to offer. Beating Sidey in the 2km at his age is an achievement, bio from past seems solid. I'd rather a kid that has fought to get there and appreciates what he has than someone expecting the red carpet. Bit of weight to put on might slow him down. Could be a smokey, can only hope because our top selections have generally failed to impress in recent years.

I love the look of this kid. He tore it up against our VFL side and looks ready to go. I think he'll be able to get his own ball as well as offering us a neat outside option.
The list looks to be in good shape in terms of our younger players and those just drafted. Sier and Crocker also look like they have plenty of c u next Tuesday to compliment their footballing ability.
I love the fact we no longer seem to be hoarding all the sub 6 foot, vanilla, "contested ball players" who can't kick the ball. These monsters they're recruiting make it so much more satisfying to be a Collingwood supporter. Waiting in anticipation for the season to finally kick off.

Beat Sidebottom in a time trial

I love the look of this kid. He tore it up against our VFL side and looks ready to go. I think he'll be able to get his own ball as well as offering us a neat outside option.
The list looks to be in good shape in terms of our younger players and those just drafted. Sier and Crocker also look like they have plenty of c u next Tuesday to compliment their footballing ability.
I love the fact we no longer seem to be hoarding all the sub 6 foot, vanilla, "contested ball players" who can't kick the ball. These monsters they're recruiting make it so much more satisfying to be a Collingwood supporter. Waiting in anticipation for the season to finally kick off.
Can't but agree with all that - and think we may have done surprisingly well with out latish picks.

This kid is a much better size than I thought he was, 186cm and nicely built, his kick has pretty nice penetration too.

With his elite endurance he could be one of the surprise packets of 2016

Great game, used to well when he had it, Kicked a fantastic goal which was goal of the night. Looking like he could play Round 1.

I thought his disposal was a bit poor to be honest, but liked his running, and not afraid of a contest.

Just needs to work on using it better and then we have a player who might make a useful contribution to future teams.

I thought his disposal was a bit poor to be honest, but liked his running, and not afraid of a contest.

Just needs to work on using it better and then we have a player who might make a useful contribution to future teams.

His Disposal was good early BUT fell away in the last Qtr

Remove this Banner Ad

Back