No Douglas
No Knight
Matt Crouch injured
Mackay injured
Sloane hobbled
Talia hobbled

Winners.

60 Likes

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/good-bad-ugly-v-richmond-r2-2018.1189507/#post-54842556

Same thread, same poster

Tom Doedee had 25 disposals at 96% DE plus 3 rebounds, 3 inside 50s, 4 one percenters, 6 marks

He has played 2 games

65 Likes

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/good-bad-ugly-v-richmond-r2-2018.1189507/page-2#post-54843353

From the Good, Bad & Fugly thread, Hawthorn game

Want me to tell you why we’re ****ed?

Here’s why:

My old lady is the embodiment of your typical AFC fan. She’s 60 years old, she takes a flask of coffee along to every home game and has a Crows knitted blanket to stay warm. I’m not shitting you when I say she is the Crows fan people troll us over.

So anyway I called her tonight to vent my spleen and the conversation went like this.

Rave: Club’s ****ed. Ricciuto and his mates can **** off. May as well start the whole back of office again and-

*Mother of Rave interrupts yelling*

DON’T YOU DARE TALK ABOUT ROO LIKE THAT! HE IS A CHAMPION OF THIS CLUB AND ALL OF THOSE BOYS OUT THERE ARE TRYING THEIR GUTS OUT. I DON’T SEE YOU PLAYING AFL!!! YOU SHOULD FOLLOW PORT IF THAT’S WHAT YOU THINK. THESE BOYS ARE ALL WINNERS IN MY EYES.

Now you might be thinking to yourself, Rave wtf does this have to do with the state of this club?

I’m glad you asked.

My mother represents 80% of the AFC supporting public. She has 20 friends at least who are exactly the same. For every one of me that exists criticising the club and just generally being handsome, there are at least 100 fanboys and fangirls happily lapping at the club’s crotch to have a cup of its aggotts.

It’s disproportionate in comparison with other clubs and it’s actually sickening to think about. Those of us being critical on here are in the vast minority and rest assured it will take an absolute boatload of change for this club to even consider cutting off the low hanging fruit - let alone the actual culprits.

The AFC board will never be replaced and I can see us riding out this season on spin and misdirection.

****ing sucks.

67 Likes

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/good-bad-and-fugly-vs-hawthorn.1196835/page-3#post-56294336

From the Non-Crows AFL Discussion thread

From February 19

Port will fly out of the blocks IMO

Early season wins, possibly even the first Showdown. Lots of back-slapping, contracts extended for all, Koch weighing in with his opinions on all things football as self appointed statesman. Fans and club start giving advice to others sharing the secrets of their success. This thread is flooded.

Then a couple of close losses at home.

Cracks appear. They drop a game to a cellar dwellar away. Couple of the broken down recruits they brought in pick up injuries.

Wheels fall off.

Hilarity ensues.

70 Likes

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/posts/57422240

From the Brisbane Breakfast thread

So I’ve managed to listen to one of the three interviews again. Excuse the typos and missed bits!

Tom Doedee:

Doedee on concussion test on game day.

You go do the docs rooms, they as a few simple questions like who did we play last week, questions about the game like who kicked the last goal and a couple of other things like date, day of the week where we are. Then you get five words and you repeat them back 3 times and then you get some numbers and you’ve got to repeat them back (3 #s, 4#s,5 #s) I’m not sure what you’ve got to tick off to get back on the field. That’s the main thing you do.

On Junior years: Dad was a footballer Mum was a basketballer. Played basketball from ages 6 to 16/17. All my mates started taking footy seriously then and we had a footy subject at school so I thought I’d give that a go and fell in love with that and played footy and basketball for two years and played rep basketball for Geelong and footy with a local club and then got invited by the Falcons to try at TAC Club level.

On basket ballers at the club: Hugh, JJ, Tex is actually pretty good, our defensive coach considers himself pretty good... and then you’ve got blokes like Eddie who wear the NBA guerseys and can’t shoot a ball.

On basketball skills in footy. Ability to transition from defence to attack is helpful. Hand eye co-ordination.

First contact by Crows: I was in English class in year 12 and my phone was in my pencil case and started ringing and I freaked out a little bit.

Do you prefer being matched with talls or smalls? Either way.

Speed? I’m fast! I’m deceptively quick at stages.

Do you do research on the players you are matched up against?
Last year in SANFL I started watching footage of forwards that I was going to play on... sometimes up to six players. I like to look up whether they jump or stay down, whether they are strong defensively so I might be able to expose them there...we’ve got a lot of resources, we can watch every game played through the year so I take all that on board to help

Do you work in lines, or zones?
When we’ve got the ball we want to make sure we’re not getting into the mids territory which gives them nowhere to lead, so we’ve got our area, mids area and forwards. It’s always good to move around but you don’t want to get in other peoples spaces because they’ll chew you out if they haven’t had a touch in a while.

Your Geelong coach said you were a strong one on one defender but he also said he thought you’d make a cracking midfielder or forward. I played my first two years in the forward line and ruck and kicked 46 goals both years. Then moved to the back lines in the TAC Cup and it’s taken me another four years to kick a goal. It was worth the wait! I like the idea of playing different spots, but at the moment I’m pretty comfortable playing down back.

Difference between SANFL/AFL. Your average stats are the same in both comps. What’s the biggest difference? Tempo is probably the biggest one, just the speed. You’ve got to get rid of it straight away because there’ll be someone there. You’ve got to be smarter and quicker.

Do you set yourself for big games? Most of your best games this year have been against quality opposition. Did you have much grand final experience in early years? First two years at Joeys we were top of the ladder, one year undefeated and one year not but we went out in straight sets both times. So that wasn’t very good. Falcons we finished fourth and got knocked out in straight sets again, so not a good finals record coming here (laughter). No but I try to play to a standard but when the level is higher I try to stand up a bit more.

Did you notice anything in GF last year that you might have been able to bring to the table? The only difference was I might have been able to match up on small but the way they play when they are on they are very tough as you saw earlier. In the grand final we weren’t on for the whole game, so I don’t think I would have made a massive difference but I’d like to think I could have contributed something.

On injuries: Been alright, couple of niggles that come good. Then had patella tendonitis which is a persistent injury that doesn’t really cure, just takes time. At the moment I’ve just got a bit of a sore head.

What’s the protocol for next week’s concussion. We do base line test at start of test on computer. Right for yes, left for no. Then flip a card. You get a base line and if you fall below that during the week, I’m not ready to play. I do those number tests and balance tests and things like that. They test you four times during the week, pretty much every morning. Bit of an issue with it though, because if you tick yes for “do you have a headache” that pretty much rules you out. Last year I kept ticking yes for headache and even though I passed the base line, they failed me.

Going to be a one club player? Do you have a south Australian girlfriend? No she’s Victorian so you’ll have to get stuck into her.... she runs the relationship. (Laughter). But obviously we love it here and nothing’s changed.

Life after footy? Currently studying Communication and media at Uni Sa in. Adelaide. Probably take me 16 years to finish it! So yeah, looking to go into the media after footy.

71 Likes

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...-pyke-interview-now-up.1199871/#post-56934121

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I graciously accept this award positioning me as the board's 6th and 7th best poster. In a year fraught with challenges and setbacks, it's great to be rewarded with a top 8 finish. I didn't get the ultimate reward this year, but playing finals has given me valuable experience and with a strong pre-season I'll be able to come back ready to challenge for the flag next year.

And I'm proud to be a poster that has never bottomed out. Purely by the virtue of multiple top 8 finishes over a one year period, it's safe to say I'm one of the most successful posters in Adelaide board history.

Last edited:
The cash prizes start at 100 Likes
giphy.gif

Port suck.

In times of extreme adversity the cream always rises to the top. As with all these type of awards though, the top 3 is where you see the real talent and then it falls away quite dramatically.

"There goes Mike Smyth. I must remember to thank him"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back