Top Five Albums of your Favourite Artists

Remove this Banner Ad

Honestly can't split Metallica's first 4 albums for a favourite. Depends how I'm feeling at the time.

I would have to go like this.

1.Master of Puppets
2.Ride the Lightning
3....and Justice for All
4.Black Album
5.Kill em All

I have to put the Black Album ahead of Kill em All only for the fact that I know the album better. I prefer the thrashy attack of Kill em All, but in my older years, I appreciate the Black Album as one of the great heavy rock albums. Not a thrash album.

Yep, definitely a contrast in styles from KEA to Black. Nothing wrong with the order you've posted but as I said, depening on my mood (or what I've gone over the top on recently), it can change from time to time.

I'll say this though, the first 3 are pretty much always in the first 3.

Pink Floyd:

1. Dark side of the moon
2. Animals
3. The Wall
3. Echoes
5. Wish you were here
Tend to agree with this. Animals is probably my most played Floyd album.

Now for something completely different

Jerry Lee Lewis
Greatest Live Show on Earth
Live At The Hamburg StarClub
Another Place Another Time
Self Titled first Sun LP
Self Titled first Electra LP

Place in order the top five albums of your favourite artists ...

Neil Young

1. On the Beach
2. Comes a Time
3. Harvest
4. Hawks & Doves
5. Prairie Wind

Harvest , Aqualung, Gun fighter ballads and trail songs Marty Robbins, ( there you go youngsters, have listen to that)
Anything Cher did, any thing Joan Baez did, anything Barbara Streisand did, there are too many to put down here. But the music was great , and the memories great and I hope some great new Music comes around again.

Quality is still here now days, but they are very hard to find, and the songs don't seem to have very good lyrics , more like things to dance to, which is fine, but when the heart needs a bit of comfort good strong voices and great songs with a story to them , with feeling nothing better, listen to Flame Trees from Jimmy, or Drivin Wheels, listen to Baez sing about Bob Dylan, "Diamonds and Rust" that is brillaint, then look at the old masters, who showed these 20th century talents, how to write emotion. Plenty to enjoy. 5 albums????? I'd say 5 million songs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jon Spencer Blues Explosion

1. Now I got Worry
2. Orange
3. The Jon Spencer Blues Explosion
4. Plastic Fang
5. Acme

Harvest , Aqualung, Gun fighter ballads and trail songs Marty Robbins, ( there you go youngsters, have listen to that)
Anything Cher did, any thing Joan Baez did, anything Barbara Streisand did, there are too many to put down here. But the music was great , and the memories great and I hope some great new Music comes around again.

Quality is still here now days, but they are very hard to find, and the songs don't seem to have very good lyrics , more like things to dance to, which is fine, but when the heart needs a bit of comfort good strong voices and great songs with a story to them , with feeling nothing better, listen to Flame Trees from Jimmy, or Drivin Wheels, listen to Baez sing about Bob Dylan, "Diamonds and Rust" that is brillaint, then look at the old masters, who showed these 20th century talents, how to write emotion. Plenty to enjoy. 5 albums????? I'd say 5 million songs.

Yeah. Marty Robbins possible had the best voice of any 'Country' singer. But check out Vernon Oxford - many argue, and I agree, that he had the purest and most powerful Country voice of all.

Should have been a superstar but nobody knew how to promote him. Left the states in disgust and went to England and recorded a few albums in Ireland. Subsequently he borders on legendary status among Europe's country collectors and fans.

Sang a lot of religious stuff but also songs that others did not like to record. As a staring point visit YouTube for 'It is Finished" and then listen to almost any other vid.

Yeah. Marty Robbins possible had the best voice of any 'Country' singer. But check out Vernon Oxford - many argue, and I agree, that he had the purest and most powerful Country voice of all.

Should have been a superstar but nobody knew how to promote him. Left the states in disgust and went to England and recorded a few albums in Ireland. Subsequently he borders on legendary status among Europe's country collectors and fans.

Sang a lot of religious stuff but also songs that others did not like to record. As a staring point visit YouTube for 'It is Finished" and then listen to almost any other vid.
Thanks for that I will.

Three Frankie Laine albums to go with Gunfighter Ballads .......

Hell Bent for Leather
Call of the Wild
Deuces Wild
Correct Frankie Lane was great too, Robbins had a clear clean voice though, my dear old Dad used to say "he's the only one I can understand what he's saying".
But Frankie , yes personified the western music and distance , Wild Goose and Tumbling Tumbleweed, these are songs that make music an emotional brain thing, and no doubt good music what ever style it is, if it has that capacity to bring out emotion and imagination, well its just brilliant.
I may have a bad ear for new music lately , it feels a bit shallow sometimes, and all the same, and no I don't mean rap. That has it's place as beat to poetry, but too aggressive and hard to follow. Fun rap I can hardly understand the words.
I look at modern music like I looked at the Blue Poles painting our government bought many years ago for a fortune, all I found in it was, blue poles , nothing skilful.
Sometimes I think that marketing is slowly murdering music along with techno assistance. Some what like brain washing people who think they are art experts, looking at some modern art.
Who ever painted blue Poles was never ever Rembrandt or Leonardo Da Vinci. If you understand what I mean, I'm not closed minded I listen if its good its good. That's all.

Correct Frankie Lane was great too, Robbins had a clear clean voice though, my dear old Dad used to say "he's the only one I can understand what he's saying".
But Frankie , yes personified the western music and distance , Wild Goose and Tumbling Tumbleweed, these are songs that make music an emotional brain thing, and no doubt good music what ever style it is, if it has that capacity to bring out emotion and imagination, well its just brilliant.
I may have a bad ear for new music lately , it feels a bit shallow sometimes, and all the same, and no I don't mean rap. That has it's place as beat to poetry, but too aggressive and hard to follow. Fun rap I can hardly understand the words.
I look at modern music like I looked at the Blue Poles painting our government bought many years ago for a fortune, all I found in it was, blue poles , nothing skilful.
Sometimes I think that marketing is slowly murdering music along with techno assistance. Some what like brain washing people who think they are art experts, looking at some modern art.
Who ever painted blue Poles was never ever Rembrandt or Leonardo Da Vinci. If you understand what I mean, I'm not closed minded I listen if its good its good. That's all.

I had been after Frankie Laine's 'Command Performance' LP in NM/M- condition for years and it arrived last week in absolute beautiful condition. It was released in 1954 and to get it in that condition is almost a miracle. It has a lot of his beat ballads Jezebel, Jealousy, Granada etc but what I really wanted was 'The Kid's Last fight'. I loved that song when I was 13 and to hear the original version in that condition was exciting. It is an exciting song.

Hum

1. You'd Prefer An Astronaut
2. Downward Is Heavenward
3. Electra 2000
4. Fillet Show

Remove this Banner Ad

Back