Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 2 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

dogwatch

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arsenal
If you are into history you will love it, especially Old Edinburgh
Auld Reekie's great for history and ceremony, Glesca's great for grit and the history of the Scottish working class, but for me the best of Scotland is always the highlands and islands.

wayniac

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Leeds Rhinos
I lived in Perth and in some ways it's preferable to Melbourne. Both cities are great for getting away from. Melbourne for the snow, Perth for getting the hell out of Australia.

Both are hideously expensive, so you can keep all the budget draining "arts" that Melbourne offers.

But I have lived in some cool places. Monterey California I liked a lot. San Francisco Bay Area too.

London, Meh...

Jakarta, yuk.

Everywhere seems to be too crowded these days.

Harwell village was good when it had 5 pubs.

Yojimbo

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I've got a couple days there, as part of an upcoming Contiki tour around the UK. One of the cities i'm most excited to visit.
Take plenty of loose change as you will never see a greater ratio of buskers to distance travelled while walking
the famed Golden Mile and some of them have swords and axes donate or cross the street.

AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Derby County
I've got a couple days there, as part of an upcoming Contiki tour around the UK. One of the cities i'm most excited to visit.
I did a Kon Tiki tour where I was 1 of 4 guys amongst 22 females. First and only time in my life I have fought women off (not with any great conviction admittedly) and taken my preferred pick. Felt like a stud! I wish you similar fortune.

Grew up in the UK, travelled in Oz and Europe. Melbourne was and is my choice of place to live in the world. Love it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Any chance of looking at Sauce Jacobs for a year or two? Probably unlikely to come back to Melbourne but the Crows seem to be playing O'Brien ahead of him and he would help out English in his development
I'd be keen, definitely think he has a lot more to give and would help stop English pulling up sore all the time. Think that us sending Adelaide a 3rd or 4th would be win-win for both clubs

Dogsman16

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Any chance of looking at Sauce Jacobs for a year or two? Probably unlikely to come back to Melbourne but the Crows seem to be playing O'Brien ahead of him and he would help out English in his development
Paddy Ryder doesn’t have a contract. Prefer him.

AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
We already have someone who could do that in Trengove, but the JLT games seem to have scared the club off. Not quite sure what the goal is with English but if I had to guess I'd say they're backing him in as first ruck so there's no point looking elsewhere.

VitalDread

The Unofficial Face of Bigfooty Bulldogs-NGA & VFL
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
what about Dunks? Power seemed confident the other week but I thought this would be wrapped up by now. Anyone with ties to the club that has a bit of inside mail?
5 year deal

AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Australian Farnarkling XI
Thread starter #9,472
Most “liveable” city is such a meaningless metric when so many of the things people find critical to their wellbeing are inherently subjective.
The Economist’s Global Liveability Index would have to be one of the most worthless measures of 'livibility' that anybody could possibly come up with. One that is completely slanted towards inner city living and public transport, infrastructure, private education and overall public safety and it takes almost no account of a cities life outside of their tightly drawn and subjective boundaries. Or indeed where a vast majority of people in Melbourne actually live where by any realistic measure their lives are not as as well served as they are in the inner city.

It makes me cringe whenever a provincial minded politician trots this worthless award out or worse still wring their hands when it drops down as a way of measuring Melbournes actual worth.

Mattdougie

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The Economist’s Global Liveability Index would have to be one of the most worthless measures of 'livibility' that anybody could possibly come up with. One that is completely slanted towards inner city living and public transport, infrastructure, private education and overall public safety and it takes almost no account of a cities life outside of their tightly drawn and subjective boundaries. Or indeed where a vast majority of people in Melbourne actually live where by any realistic measure their lives are not as as well served as they are in the inner city.

It makes me cringe whenever a provincial minded politician trots this worthless award out or worse still wring their hands when it drops down as a way of measuring Melbournes actual worth.
We have one of the worst public transport systems in have ever seen.
How ours could even be considered in the top 20 is laughable

Top Bottom