Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 2 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
SEN reporting that Alex Keath is likely going to end up at hawthorn and has informed adelaide he would like a trade there.

As a side note i am envious of carlton this off season, they have added tremendous talent to their coaching and playing ranks.
Fingers crossed the race isn't run yet. I rate Keath, he'd be perfect for us.

I don’t want us to trade in players for the sake of it. Not really fussed with any of the names mentioned. Besides Howard but that seems unlikely as he has years left to run on his contract and Port rate him..

Rather throw a lump of cash at Ben King.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Bay Giant seems to be far more articulate than old bokky. His incoherant ramblings actually had me worried for his mental health at times. Would go from 0 to meltdown icredibly easy. Winding him up was like fishing with dynamite.

Bokky struck me as genuinely mentally unwell

If we don't do well in this trade period is that Power sacked?
It would be tough to sack but jeez we have to be on paper in the top 3 destinations to come to due to the potential of our list and inflated wage we could offer due to our cap space. Its clear we need a KPD and due to the NGA coup next year I'd happily offer overs via trade and salary to get a quality one in

It would be tough to sack but jeez we have to be on paper in the top 3 destinations to come to due to the potential of our list and inflated wage we could offer due to our cap space. Its clear we need a KPD and due to the NGA coup next year I'd happily offer overs via trade and salary to get a quality one in

WE ARE NEVER IN THE TOP 3 DESTINATIONS

When people finally accept that in our history not one top line player has chosen outright to come to our club. NOT ONE!

To get players we have to chase fringe, forced out or pay WAY overs. So we need to accept this and ply the hand we are dealt

It’s a bitter pill to swallow but that’s the fact.

If the hawks offer Keath is 3 years @ 500k and we offer 3 years @ 700k he probably still goes to the hawks. Maybe he is the one that changes the cycle but I don’t see it. The hawks don’t miss many players they want

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're presuming that the two points you list as drawcards for any prospective recruits are high on their list of priorities.

There are any number of reasons that teams like Hawthorn, Geelong, Collingwood and even Essendon are seemingly able to attract players at will.

Think the AFL will have the bigger problem to solve, if it's just a constant influx of talent to Hawks for next too nothing. Other clubs aren't going to swallow it forever.
Flies in the face of the so call equalization policy. Not sure if they can put that genie back into the bottle though

When people finally accept that in our history not one top line player has chosen outright to come to our club. NOT ONE!

To get players we have to chase fringe, forced out or pay WAY overs. So we need to accept this and ply the hand we are dealt

If the hawks offer Keath is 3 years @ 500k and we offer 3 years @ 700k he probably still goes to the hawks. Maybe he is the one that changes the cycle but I don’t see it. The hawks don’t miss many players they want
Sad but true

I wouldn’t say if Keath comes to the Dogs he changes the cycle of us finally getting a top liner.

I don’t consider Keath a top liner.

One top liner I think we did get but he was forced or pushed out of his previous club was Jason Akermanis now he was a top liner.

More meant to the players we are targeting which aren't A grade players

I wouldn’t say if Keath comes to the Dogs he changes the cycle of us finally getting a top liner.

I don’t consider Keath a top liner.

One top liner I think we did get but he was forced or pushed out of his previous club was Jason Akermanis now he was a top liner.
Barry Hall too, similar circumstances to Aker. Probably never had a top level target without baggage

If we don't do well in this trade period is that Power sacked?
Well the last couple of trade periods were unmitigated disasters. Everyone agreed. We were gonna get guns but all we got were spuds likes Crozier, Lloyd, Schache, Trengove and Duryea, all at bargain prices.

No doubt by common consensus Power will miserably fail again.

Last edited:

Beasley, Purser, T McGuinness, FOSTER!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back