Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 2 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it's that baffling, he's not the future and Bev know hat he gets with him. We can kid ourselves all we want, but this team is nowhere near the 2016 team....yet...id much prefer we got a final into Young, west, Smith etc. that will be a far greater investment in our future than playing Trenners
I don’t buy that logic. Getting outclassed and outfought in a final is not great ‘experience’ for anyone. Bevo picked the team he thought could get the job done, not the team he thought could learn the most from a mauling. Anyway, not the thread for this discussion.

Point is that Bevo surely had a hand in Trengove coming to the club and he has the same strengths and weaknesses he’s always had. It’s odd that he’d shun him in a situation where he seemed a good fit for the game.

I would love to get McLuggage from the Lions. Is a western districts boy, so might like to play in Ballarat in front of his friends. Certainly a really top quality youngster. It would hurt a potential competitor in the Lions, who appear ready to contend for the next few years.
Sorry mate but anyone to the left of Lara automatically goes to the Cats. It's written in AFL law somewhere. I lived in Warrnambool for a short period and basically 90 percent of people in the Western district support Geelong. They could live in Casterton and still barrack for those maggots. It's a real inbred thing they've got going on.

Hookers about to turn 31 and looks fried to me.

I still don’t really see the play from the bombers perspective, unless they want to clear the decks to throw the kitchen sink at wines.

I’ll keep digging to try and understand more, but we’re 100% pushing for it.
Apparently we pulled out of the Martin race ... hopefully have more targets

How do you explain Melbourne getting Lever and May in recent years? They're certainly not a big club by any measure. I think it is starting to become an issue, at least in my mind. And until we start to bring in decent names that we target, then it continues to gain momentum.

Im not sure that Melbourne are a good example in this case.

As s**t as they have been since forever. I have no doubt they were sold on the illusory allure and pull of joining a foundation club, a club that still has a latent and very influential supporter base in this town with all that brings to the table. A club that at the time of their recruitment looked to finally be on an upswing of form good enough to get them to last years preliminary final and that they get to play at the home of the game. If none of those suit then choose your own variable that lands anywhere from the venal to the banal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t really rate Keath that highly. Had a decent year but seemed to play his best when Talia and Hartigan were in and he played a less accountable role. Not sure he would have that luxury with us.

Not convinced we’d get the best out of him as the main lockdown key defender, so think Young or Trengove would still be needed to play that role, Keath to take the next best and Cordy to take the medium forwards / third tall’s.

He’d be our best key defender if he went to our club today so I’d definitely be inquiring about him but not as convinced as everyone else is that he’s the missing piece.

Left(ish) field option for that quick, outside wing role - Rory Atkins.

He has the pace we seek, is a leftie, RFA so potentially cost nothing but cap space of which we have plenty. Vic playing in SA, and an immediate upgrade on Hayes.

Soft as butter. IMO you'd regret picking him up, especially in games when the heat is on and he has less time and space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back