Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 4 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ben McKay is still out of contract at North. I doubt he will come though as they'll be desperate to keep him and will pay him overs as they have to meet the salary cap floor.

He's the right size and age we need, and will hopefully continue to grow as a player during this year.
He isn't that good

Ben McKay is still out of contract at North. I doubt he will come though as they'll be desperate to keep him and will pay him overs as they have to meet the salary cap floor.

He's the right size and age we need, and will hopefully continue to grow as a player during this year.
I would Rather Fischer McAsey then Ben McKay

Last edited:
With the depth of midfielders and looking in from the outside, is Lachie Hunter perhaps the one who is more expendable at the moment? Could be worth something as trade bait and get to be certain of holding on to Dunkley. Never been a big fan of his, his kicking not that dependable and overtaken on the wing by Smith, Hoping the Dogs go all the way this year, but do need the dynamic small forward.
Becoming less and less vital to our structure when previously he was arguably our most important player. Still, I can't see him going anywhere.

As a general rule in this thread, can people please preface all statements with either an "in my opinion" or conversely an "I have heard"?
Strongly worded opinions do nothing but confuse matters...

We asked about him last time he was uncontracted, he chose to re-sign

Not against opportunistic trades if they are good value, but if Tippa doesnt come cheap, doesnt Weigthman play a similar style
Weightman is a medium forward in a small forward's body. He has time on his side but he's not really the crumbing type we lack.
I still think we can find a small crumbing forward at the draft if we ever decided to look at one.

Weightman is a medium forward in a small forward's body. He has time on his side but he's not really the crumbing type we lack.
I still think we can find a small crumbing forward at the draft if we ever decided to look at one.

yeah, Ive always thought of tippa as more of a make space and mark type of forward than a crumber, altho obviously he can crumb.

He can definitely mark the footy, and tends to fly for them but from the little I’ve seen he definitely looks quite natural crumbing too, and his pressure and tenacity is elite when he gets the tank to do it consistently. Super quick and pretty crafty around goals. I think he can be the player we need just needs a bit of a mindset shift with his role in the side to sit in front of the contest at the feet of our talls not getting in their way.

no different to the likes of Ryan/Charlie etc who are smalls but can fly and mark too.

Definitely still room for a pure crumber alongside him though

As a general rule in this thread, can people please preface all statements with either an "in my opinion" or conversely an "I have heard"?
Strongly worded opinions do nothing but confuse matters...
I take the opposite logic. I assume that everything anyone says is their opinion unless they quote (and name) a source.

Occasionally I do add an "IMO" to my ramblings if there's any ambiguity about whose opinion it is.

He can definitely mark the footy, and tends to fly for them but from the little I’ve seen he definitely looks quite natural crumbing too, and his pressure and tenacity is elite when he gets the tank to do it consistently. Super quick and pretty crafty around goals. I think he can be the player we need just needs a bit of a mindset shift with his role in the side to sit in front of the contest at the feet of our talls not getting in their way.

no different to the likes of Ryan/Charlie etc who are smalls but can fly and mark too.

Definitely still room for a pure crumber alongside him though
I’m not sure Weightman is super quick. I thought that was the knock on him as a small forward. Happy to be corrected.

I'm still pissed we didn't go harder at Dougal Howard......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mckay is always going to look poor at norf. He's trying to play the main kpd with the absence of Tarrant where he hasn't done before and the poor midfield makes things hard on him. I think he might thrive in another team.
Agree with that statement same as people potting McAsey for looking poor in a Crow's team that finished stone motherless last for the year. In the right environment they could thrive.

I’m not sure Weightman is super quick. I thought that was the knock on him as a small forward. Happy to be corrected.
Just looked up his combine results, 3.01 second 20m, that’s a bit slower than I expected he looks really quick out on the field when I’ve seen him. Maybe that’s more due to the energy he plays with though, he’s like a little terrier just constantly buzzing around. So long as he can get his tank up to allow him to provide repeat sprints im not really too worried with his pace from what I’ve seen

Garcia may fill the small forward role in time. Looked real zippy and provided tons of pressure in the game I saw against North a few weeks back.
agreed, reckon in 2-3 years he will slot into our midfield rotation
Has that outside speed and aggression around the ball
gives me quicker libba vibes

I was reading today Sam Flanders from GC is still unsigned and is a possibility to be pryed out. Got me interested until I read into his draft bios and he's a mid-forward type rather than a pure small forward we need.

Think he'd be worth a look as a forward only type? Or would he just be another one of our mid hybrids we already have way too many of?

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I was reading today Sam Flanders from GC is still unsigned and is a possibility to be pryed out. Got me interested until I read into his draft bios and he's a mid-forward type rather than a pure small forward we need.

Think he'd be worth a look as a forward only type? Or would he just be another one of our mid hybrids we already have way too many of?

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Pass he would be another one of our mid hybrids that we already have

I think he needs some time before we can say?

How many crumbing forwards started as that?

I found this article on Milne - https://amp.theage.com.au/sport/afl/an-unlikely-bromance-20120706-21mm8.html

Seems at the start he was a general forward, not that quick but high agility and always getting to the right spots...

Wonder what Betts started as?

Here's the list of free agent defensive/tall stocks available end of this year:-
Daniel Talia
Levi Casboult
Cale Hooker
Lachlan Henderson
Jake Kolodjashnij
Phil Davis
Ben McEvoy
Mitch Brown
Robbie Tarrant
Josh Walker
Mabior Chol
David Astbury
Dylan Grimes
James Frawley
Sam Reid (SYD)
I'd give;
Talia
Tarrant
and Chol a crack if they come cheap in terms of draft currency.

I'd give;
Talia
Tarrant
and Chol a crack if they come cheap in terms of draft currency.
Surely there'll never be another Talia on our list as long as Bevo's head coach.
He's not a man I'd want to cross and I imagine he has a long memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back