Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 5 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

NGL Jake would be dynamite besides Naughty, Lobb, Marra etc rotating through the middle. Has he grown up?

Wouldn’t give anything up for him tho but * throw in Cody, West and another lightning pressure forward. That forward line is nuts
He’s had about 5 good moments since 2015. It blows my mind that people still talk about him like he’s special. He had great talent and burned brightly. Then…nothing, despite every opportunity.

Why on earth would you move Dale? He has made that position his own and become a better player than 99% of us thought he could ever be…even those that rated him highly.
He’s ideally suited for a wing Tall quick can mark long kick will have more shots at goal and delivers the pill better inside 50

Why on earth would you move Dale? He has made that position his own and become a better player than 99% of us thought he could ever be…even those that rated him highly.

From memory he had one of his best games on a wing against St Kilda early into his career. Kicked 4 goals and had plenty of the ball. It's probably at least worth another shot now he's established himself. Don't think it would hurt to play him there in the preseason games.

Heard some word we’re very keen on Connor McKenna who’s recently expressed his desire to return to AFL
Not a bad get on the cheap I reckon
That’s what we’re missing…. An Irishman.
As an added bonus he has pace and a defensive side. You may have Hunters wing Connor and maybe one day a wing named after you. We have a spare.

Different players and upside is with Narkle (maybe, he’s no kid though) but I’d still take Mitch as a footballer every day of the week over Narkle.

Yeh, I’m not judging on ability at all just saying why leave a player on the list who the coach doesn’t see in his structure. Better to have a throw at the stumps on a player who might imo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JJ hasn't been even half the player since he was moved out of the backline in 2017-18. If we could move Dale to a wing, and have a JJ resurgence off the half back to rebound, that would be a lethal combo. Some of my most memorable plays are JJ rebounds (2016 Prelim to the Bont goal, 2016 game vs St Kilda where he steals the ball and delivers to Stringer)
I still have flashbacks from that play, loved it.

I see the appeal of trying Dale on a wing as I think it’s a more important role than HB and the rest of our other options appalling.

Whilst I’m keen in moving Daniel out of defence you’d have to be tempted to see if he could recapture his form at HB - which absolutely was elite at his best - if he got his full role back from Dale, whilst getting more output out of our wing it’d be a big team improvement if that worked out.

I’d probably prefer to keep Dale at HB, bring in a genuine known quality on the wing and move Daniel to HF/Utility.

Either way I have zero interest in McKenna, he’s just not very good.

I see the appeal of trying Dale on a wing as I think it’s a more important role than HB and the rest of our other options appalling.

Whilst I’m keen in moving Daniel out of defence you’d have to be tempted to see if he could recapture his form at HB - which absolutely was elite at his best - if he got his full role back from Dale, whilst getting more output out of our wing it’d be a big team improvement if that worked out.

I’d probably prefer to keep Dale at HB, bring in a genuine known quality on the wing and move Daniel to HF/Utility.

Either way I have zero interest in McKenna, he’s just not very good.

Seem to recall towards the end he had an absolute mare against us or against some other team and I thought that was it and it was.

As much chance as Jake coming back to the bulldogs as Bevo going out for dinner with Barrett and Tom Morris.
Quick question, can someone on here tell me what it was that Jake did that Bevo in his role as a coach /teacher/mentor wouldnt be able to get past five years on. I see an AFL coaches job as both manager of our football output but also about helping to develop the young men under their care. Was there behavior committed that was unforgivable for a 23-24 year old?

Sorry, I was never really privy to the details back then. I know there was the bullying Toyd stuff, which sounded bad but not sure it’s unforgivable for a young kid.

Adam Treloar and his partner are at Collingwood's best and fairest function.

I think you are missing the point here. Nobody is claiming that Lobb will be a better forward than Naughton, nor that coaches will be more worried about Lobb than Naughton. Lobb's inclusion will mean that Naughton and JUH will play different roles - roles that will be harder for coaches to negate with Lobb in the team. If Lobb plays out of the goalsquare and opponents play a third tall against him, Lobb will kick some bags while Naughton and JUH are roaming the forward half at will. Lobb makes us better without him needing to be the best or even second best forward - it's about the role he plays - that's where we derive value from him.
Don't care whats written here, I'm super excited about Lobb coming to us, a lot of doubters will be writing hey i was wrong half way through next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back