Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 5 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very easily. They can offer their pick 15 for Bowes, 7 and one of the Gold Coast second rounders.

Trade 7 to us for Dunkley in a straight swap.

I don’t think pick 7 would get the deal done. We should ask for either their future first OR that GC second rounder (with a third round pick going back to them from us); in additions to pick 7.

I don’t think pick 7 would get the deal done. We should ask for either their future first OR that GC second rounder (with a third round pick going back to them from us); in additions to pick 7.
We should ask, I agree, but it won't happen, if it comes down to it, pick 7 absolutely gets it done.

Very easily. They can offer their pick 15 for Bowes, 7 and one of the Gold Coast second rounders.

Trade 7 to us for Dunkley in a straight swap.
I meant more from a salary perspective than actual trade offer. I also want more than 7 alone for Dunkley

If we could wangle 37 for Lobb, then 7 + future first for Dunkley and 29 is what I’d be pushing. I do recognise that’s not likely though

Pick 7 and let us be your pick swap for 15 is more than enough
Yeah this is the way I'd be framing it - the trade is Dunkley for 7 plus making us your choice of team to do the 15-for-points swap with. As long as we can get enough points to make at least a competitive offer compared to other teams it's fair.

Gold Coast want picks next year preferably so would make more sense for Brissy to send next years first for Bowes & 7 then ship 7 & 15 to us for 29 & 37, then downgrade their 19 to two later picks for points & maybe even get a 2nd rounder back from GC (we can ship GC next years 3rd) and they’ll get their points eaaaasy

Yeah this is the way I'd be framing it - the trade is Dunkley for 7 plus making us your choice of team to do the 15-for-points swap with. As long as we can get enough points to make at least a competitive offer compared to other teams it's fair.
We already have the points equal to it just need a pick in the 40s to get it over the line, A trade of Hunter or Crozier should net us 1

Spot on. How many times in the last few days he we heard 'With Dunkley, Ashcroft and Gunston, the Lions will be flag favourites/unstoppable next year?'

Lions have to understand this comes at a cost and if they're not prepared to pay it, then Dunkley (similarly to Jade Rawlings all those years ago) can go Pick 1 in the PSD.
We gave up virtually our entire draft hand twice for a couple of unproven stallions.

You'd think the lions would need to do the same, and then some, for this year's draft/ trade haul.

immortalmike said it a while back and it's resonated with me.. on field leadership needs to be a priority. We are really missing vocal respected veterans that don't cop s**t from younger teammates. Bont and Macrae seem like brilliant pacifists. I think it's why we're so much better with a fit and healthy Bruce. Because he's that mature professional who is willing to knock bodies.

I support the talent side of the Lobb acquisition to support Tim and Aaron until Darcy gets there, but he's got the opposite energy of Bruce.

immortalmike said it a while back and it's resonated with me.. on field leadership needs to be a priority. We are really missing vocal respected veterans that don't cop s**t from younger teammates. Bont and Macrae seem like brilliant pacifists. I think it's why we're so much better with a fit and healthy Bruce. Because he's that mature professional who is willing to knock bodies.

I support the talent side of the Lobb acquisition to support Tim and Aaron until Darcy gets there, but he's got the opposite energy of Bruce.

So we'll need to import those hard, vocal veterans won't we? Who is even out there?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is he really though? Had long enough to prove himself and the results weren't that great.
Yep, he’s a gun.

Had a battlers North list overachieving pretty well every year and they were always very competitive.

They haven’t fired a shot in any department since Brad Scott left.

I’d have taken him straight away if Bevo left.

That should’ve been this season. How is Schache remotely getting a chance in the correct position with Naughton, JUH, Bruce, Lobb & Darcy on board?
Injuries happen and personally I would give him a stretch down back as the interceptor 2nd man on to assist. He has appeared stronger in the contest late in the year

LJizz will bring the leadership we need

This is not the thread for it, but I think the over-achieving at North theory for Brad Scott is a myth. I think he can coach, but he had at his disposal a highly capable forward line of Waite, Petrie, Brown, Boomer, Thomas + a midfield of Goldy (arguably best ruck in the league at that time), Cunnington, Higgins, Dal Santo, Wells, Ziebel + a defensive unit that busted its balls every week in the form of Tarrant, Thompson, Firrito, etc...

Far from unbeatable, but a pretty decent list overall in my opinion. They knocked off Hawthorn and Geelong quite a few times in that period from memory.

This is not the thread for it, but I think the over-achieving at North theory for Brad Scott is a myth. I think he can coach, but he had at his disposal a highly capable forward line of Waite, Petrie, Brown, Boomer, Thomas + a midfield of Goldy (arguably best ruck in the league at that time), Cunnington, Higgins, Dal Santo, Wells, Ziebel + a defensive unit that busted its balls every week in the form of Tarrant, Thompson, Firrito, etc...

Far from unbeatable, but a pretty decent list overall in my opinion. They knocked off Hawthorn and Geelong quite a few times in that period from memory.

I think for most of his time they achieved at a level commensurate with their talent.

He’s not much of a developer of young talent so a good choice if they see their list as just needing top ups.

Is there any chance we announce delistings soon? Geelong have already announced some but we are still quiet.
Just want to see how many list spots we will have before we start trading picks etc...

Ask just about any Norf supporter their opinion on Scott. Most didnt want him to sign his last contract extension and pretty much agitated for his removal from that point on. They were glad to see the end of his rigid coaching philosophies and 'stern look' when he finally left.

I don’t disagree but the words “Firrito etc” should be the name of a sketch comedy afl tv show

Is there any chance we announce delistings soon? Geelong have already announced some but we are still quiet.
Just want to see how many list spots we will have before we start trading picks etc...
Im pleased that club is keeping this within the walls for announcement at time when it chooses and not leaking/broadcasting what movements may/maynot occur like what happened before Sammy joined the team.

Ours probably depend on what happens during the trade period e.g. if we don’t get Lobb we might retain Schache.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back