Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks - I was watching but I missed some of that emphasis. Agree, that sounds sadly pragmatic rather than positive.
No probs. It can be a slippery slope parsing out somebody else's words during an interview, but his tone wasn't very positive. Having said that. It's quite possible that his tone was influenced by what Im sure he knew was going to be announced today regarding O'Driscolls premature retirement from the game. Given the similar circumstances.

It pains me to say it

I rather Libba retire than playing footy again even if he's all cleared

The two sudden drops was shocking to watch live at the ground

Be it a player who has yet to debut or a club legend we all want what's best for anybody who represents the club.

I hope that Libba does return to the field. I'd just don't want it to be to the detriment of his long term health.

I hope we pick up jack Peris in the midseason draft has wheels tackles and kicks goals please

So, Mid Season Draft is based on the ladder at the end of this round. Worst case scenario plays out, we get Pick 6. And the highest we could get, is Pick 10. Given not all teams will have a pick, still a decent position to be in.

The question will be, whether we take one or two selections. Hopefully a good outside player/inside work horse is available. Along with a small who can hit the scoreboard.

So, Mid Season Draft is based on the ladder at the end of this round. Worst case scenario plays out, we get Pick 6. And the highest we could get, is Pick 10. Given not all teams will have a pick, still a decent position to be in.

The question will be, whether we take one or two selections. Hopefully a good outside player/inside work horse is available. Along with a small who can hit the scoreboard.

I still think we pick Spicer, even though he has been quiet, his pace is very needed.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Surely there's a faster player somewhere else in state footy that has half decent form.

Can already see him getting a 2 year extension if we draft him

Everytime Spicer touches it, something happens, very classy however he isn’t touching it enough. Kicked a beauty on the weekend.

Sad for O'Driscoll. But please for the love of God stop with this Spicer talk he isn't up to it. He is been worse in the VFL than what AJ has been would be a dumb pick.

If we want to pick up a small based on form who can hit the scoreboard it would have to be Smartt or McLachlan if one of those two are available.

Sad for O'Driscoll. But please for the love of God stop with this Spicer talk he isn't up to it. He is been worse in the VFL than what AJ has been would be a dumb pick.

If we want to pick up a small based on form who can hit the scoreboard it would have to be Smartt or McLachlan if one of those two are available.
Get Smarrt

Everytime Spicer touches it, something happens, very classy however he isn’t touching it enough. Kicked a beauty on the weekend.

He was practically invisible for much of the game prior to kicking that goal. Needs to find it more often than he currently does or he just won't be able to impact sufficiently to justify his spot

McLachlan has kicked 18 goals in 4 games in the U18's this year so definitely one in form. Plus he has a ground and air game and we seem to like that. So even if Smartt goes earlier he could still be there.

We also did have interest in McArthur last year but he is a different type more like Friejah

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was practically invisible for much of the game prior to kicking that goal. Needs to find it more often than he currently does or he just won't be able to impact sufficiently to justify his spot
This was the rub on him for Norf. Was a bit too outside, good when he had the ball but only averaged 6 disposals in his 12 games. Nowhere near enough.

McLachlan has kicked 18 goals in 4 games in the U18's this year so definitely one in form. Plus he has a ground and air game and we seem to like that. So even if Smartt goes earlier he could still be there.

We also did have interest in McArthur last year but he is a different type more like Friejah

Not convinced McLachlan is the right type for us. Admittedly, I haven't seen a second of him this year, but I always saw him more as a marking player rather then a crumbing player. Also, has his pressure and defensive game improved at all? It was pretty poor from what I saw last year and we need those areas of his game to be good.

We need a fast tackling machine up forward, for the 3rd time I'm saying jack peris

If there's ever anything underlines the severity of concussion, it's this.

A teenager having to retire before playing his first AFL game.

Holy heck, that is awful. Feel desperately sorry for him.

As each day goes on, I think more and more we may very well have seen the last of Libba on the ground. Sad, very sad. Hope I'm wrong.

Sounds like the insurance company is the final arbiter. Premiums to increase regardless...

I saw there was a glowing article on Bianco at Footscray. Likely he will be picked up going by the previous times Poulter got an article before he was picked up. Coincidence or foreshadowing.

Slightly overs?
Instead of pick 13, Croft and keeping our future first round, we pick up Sanders, Croft and lose our future first round. At this stage, there is zero evidence to suggest getting Sanders justified throwing our future first pick away when we could've just taken pick 13 and picked up Croft with the usual F/S discount. With the way we are going this year, throwing that future first away is turning out to be a disaster.

Tell me then;
Who would you have picked at '13'?
Who would you pick this year (assuming a pick in the 6-10 mark)?
And what would you have done if a bid for Croft came prior to 13?

For the first question, Darcy Wilson is looking the goods.

He does.
Were we ever linked with him?

He's also playing on a wing (0 cba's so far), is that what we wanted/needed?
(Also Freijah looked pretty good in a similar role on the weekend. Pick 46.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back