Strategy Trade and List Management thread 2.(...the waiting for the hammer to fall edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just came here to say Webb, Williams and Rourke Smith all look like absolute class players. I also have loved what I've seen of Lynch this year, he's a white JJ.

Webb and Williams especially. They're the two smoothest movers on our list who aren't named Bob Murphy. Love Webb in the middle.

I reckon we can afford giving our first pick for Deledio or Hanley while we have this talent developing in the twos. I think Deledio should be our #1 priority this off season.

Why stop the young guns getting games by putting Deledio in the squad?
Either they play instead of Deledio (and we get an unhappy highly paid reserve) or he takes their spot.
This is crazy talk. Get Webb & Williams in the team and not waste a draft pick or cap space on a guy we don't need.
Trade for a tall or go to the draft.

Why stop the young guns getting games by putting Deledio in the squad?
Either they play instead of Deledio (and we get an unhappy highly paid reserve) or he takes their spot.
This is crazy talk. Get Webb & Williams in the team and not waste a draft pick or cap space on a guy we don't need.
Trade for a tall or go to the draft.
They'll get plenty of games when the old foss is out with all his soft tissue injuries.

Unless it's a Hurley, Riewoldt or similar (and until the first prelim you could have convinced me on Motlop), I don't see the value in using picks to trade in players (eg. Deledio). We've got young players who are ready for senior time, too many to play them all really. Let them prove themselves and improve their game. Go to the draft and bring in more young players that can sustain our period of competitiveness in the future.

The exception here is Cloke because it sounds like he'll come super cheap and he won't really be keeping anyone out in the position he plays.

Unless it's a Hurley, Riewoldt or similar (and until the first prelim you could have convinced me on Motlop), I don't see the value in using picks to trade in players (eg. Deledio). We've got young players who are ready for senior time, too many to play them all really. Let them prove themselves and improve their game. Go to the draft and bring in more young players that can sustain our period of competitiveness in the future.

The exception here is Cloke because it sounds like he'll come super cheap and he won't really be keeping anyone out in the position he plays.

Agree - non of the guys 'developing" at Footscray are KPs. Thats the big need for trade imo.

No trading of first rounders unless they are absolute superstars. We have shown our current list is good enough. Lets sustain our period of dominance through the draft.
What are you on about? Now is the best time to trade for proven quality because our flag window is open. This is exactly what Hawthorn did, and were hugely successful with.

Nobody is saying we should trade our first rounder for crap, but if a quality player that improves us becomes available, we should be prepared to offer any of our picks.

We won't be sitting still this year. Players will have a lot of currency which we can trade out for picks we wouldn't have if we didn't get into the granny. We need to keep bringing in quality youf and stay fresh.

Dickson's effort on Saturday night should put that argument to rest. He is not a defensive forward like Crameri, he does not have the explosiveness of Stringer, he does not have the overhead reach of Toyd

However he is our crumbing forward that we need.

What are you on about? Now is the best time to trade for proven quality because our flag window is open. This is exactly what Hawthorn did, and were hugely successful with.

Nobody is saying we should trade our first rounder for crap, but if a quality player that improves us becomes available, we should be prepared to offer any of our picks.
Exactly!!! We should consider any trade that improves our team while our window is open. We have to take three players in the draft, so we will be bringing in fresh young talent anyway. But if there is a mature player who makes us significantly better, even if it's only for a couple of years, we have to consider them if the price is right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dickson's effort on Saturday night should put that argument to rest. He is not a defensive forward like Crameri, he does not have the explosiveness of Stringer, he does not have the overhead reach of Toyd

By providing a legitimate forward threat, Dickson negated the influence of the league's most offensive rebounding defender and thereby played a big part in quelling the outside overlapping run of the Giants. Takes a special type of supporter not recognise his importance in the side.

here is an idea, what about we push harder and win this years premiership and i don't care about anyone we gonna bring in anymore. we still have as much chance as anyone this year, easier than getting jack riewoldt, hurley or rance. :p

Still easier than getting jack riewoldt, hurley or rance. :p

That first quarter goalsquare effort against Shaw and Wilson was immense.

He did seem to play a defensive forward role on Shaw and killed him - including beating him in a couple of very important one on ones.
4 goals in a prelim is something not too many Bulldogs can boast about.

He did seem to play a defensive forward role on Shaw and killed him - including beating him in a couple of very important one on ones.
4 goals in a prelim is something not too many Bulldogs can boast about.

List gets even shorter when you talk about victorious PF's.....

He did seem to play a defensive forward role on Shaw and killed him

Yes, traditionally he has struggled against bigger bodied defenders. Shaw was a good match size wise. Great effort from Dicko to nullify Shaw's influence

Yes, traditionally he has struggled against bigger bodied defenders. Shaw was a good match size wise. Great effort from Dicko to nullify Shaw's influence
In past weeks the most dangerous defender has been taller (Gibson at Hawks, Barrass? at the Eagles) so Zaine has been playing the defensive forward role.
Good to see Dicko can play the role when the most damaging defender is shorter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back