Recruiting Trade & Free Agency VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish he'd have highlighted Hird's influence in getting him across, whilst giving Robbo a shout for the accuracy of his article. His head might've exploded live on air.
I am not sure that internally the club is too happy with the timing and content of that article.

Currently going through this years draft eligible players to see who has a last name starting with S. Getting on board the Ely Smith or Sydney Stack train early for pick 34 :p

Who are the DFA who also fit the description?

So when the option of trading 2020 futures comes around in 12 months, we’ll be looking at the 2016-19 4 year period where we’ve used one first round pick: McGrath.

So there’s surely no way we could look at trading our 2020 future 1st rounder (without gaining a first rounder ourselves).

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nope we can’t trade that one as it stands.

Well said, let’s hope we can manipulate our TPP to land cognilio in next years free agency. I think Kelly will be out of reach. But if we land cognilio as a result of smith/shiel deals it will make this years dealings so much better.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but Coniglio is a restricted free agent, so no trade needs to be facilitated for him, but GWS has the option of matching any rival club's offer and effectively forcing a trade. Kelly is simply OOC, so a club will need to trade for him or he could in theory just walk into the draft (never going to happen).

Cannot see us getting Josh Kelly as we do not have any first round picks available to trade for the next two drafts after this one. Coniglio a better chance, but you'd think the WA clubs would be in his ear, but he'd be a dream get if at all possible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Correct me if i'm wrong, but Coniglio is a restricted free agent, so no trade needs to be facilitated for him, but GWS has the option of matching any rival club's offer and effectively forcing a trade. Kelly is simply OOC, so a club will need to trade for him or he could in theory just walk into the draft (never going to happen).

Cannot see us getting Josh Kelly as we do not have any first round picks available to trade for the next two drafts after this one. Coniglio a better chance, but you'd think the WA clubs would be in his ear, but he'd be a dream get if at all possible.

At the end of next year (given now we won't have a 1st rounder), free Agency would be our best option to get players from other clubs.
And out of the current free agents, Coniglio would be at the top of our wish-list. However, I doubt we have the cap space.

IMO I think Dodo will go back to the draft over the next 2 or 3 years.
Even if we have a little bit of cap space, we need to think about the development of our younger players and trying to keep them here.
Keep the main bulk of this list together over the next 4 years, try to get some continuity and team chemistry going and develop from within would be the way to go i reckon.

At the end of next year (given now we won't have a 1st rounder), free Agency would be our best option to get players from other clubs.
And out of the current free agents, Coniglio would be at the top of our wish-list. However, I doubt we have the cap space.

Even if we have a little bit of cap space, we need to think about the development of our younger players and trying to keep them here.
Keep the main bulk of this list together over the next 4 years, try to get some continuity and team chemistry going and develop from within would be the way to go i reckon.
Based on Dodo's previous quality late picks in the draft, I reckon he would already have his eyes on a few good young players.

Draper is a beauty as an example.

Essendon Draft picks: 34, 66, 84

True but correct me if i'm wrong, isn't the salary cap increasing again soon? if so opportunity to land a free agent with back ended contract?

It's either free agency we improve by or hope a club who has a first rounder will trade trying to acquire draft points for an academy player.

Based on Dodo's previous quality late picks in the draft, I reckon he would already have his eyes on a few good young players.

Draper is a beauty as an example.

Essendon Draft picks: 34, 66, 84

To reinforce your point, take a look at this one from the vault.
My favorite part about it is in the comments section...

Currently going through this years draft eligible players to see who has a last name starting with S. Getting on board the Ely Smith or Sydney Stack train early for pick 34 :p

Who are the DFA who also fit the description?

We only trade for an "S" so start scanning the opposition lists :thumbsu:

Next years trade targetS
Brodie Smith
Brayden Sier
Liam Shiels
Jack Steven
Luke Shuey
Could you imagine Shiels and Shiel in the same side? Would be hella murder commentators territory.

I suppose at least, Shiels’ name isn’t Dylane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back