Recruiting Trade & Free Agency VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
hopefully a future pick for Bonar.

He can’t be worth more than Setterfield was last time around, which was Carlton’s future second and pick 43 last year for Setterfield and change.

33 for Bonar and 50odd?

He can’t be worth more than Setterfield was last time around, which was Carlton’s future second and pick 43 last year for Setterfield and change.

33 for Bonar and 50odd?

Agreed but im hoping we can keep our picks from this year though, pending what or if we trade daniher.

Love for somebody to explain the reason behind the interest in Cutler!?! seems very ho-hum to me, kicks ok, gets a little bit of the footy but not too much, age bracket is ok, develops an allergic reaction to tackling/clearances and isn't really a goal kicking mid..... seems like we have a few of these and some younger types developing into this type of role to replace the one's who are getting older.

Love for somebody to explain the reason behind the interest in Cutler!?! seems very ho-hum to me, kicks ok, gets a little bit of the footy but not too much, age bracket is ok, develops an allergic reaction to tackling/clearances and isn't really a goal kicking mid..... seems like we have a few of these and some younger types developing into this type of role to replace the one's who are getting older.

and Myers just retired.. time to move on with some grass roots kids to develop.

Bonar over Cutler every day of the week.

I wonder what the go with Jenkins actually is? A team like Collingwood or Geelong who are both in their window who could both use a tall target. No one seems to be linked to him though.

Watch the AFL manufacture a fairy tail finish for Eddie Betts. Last round against GCS at the MCG, watch him kick 8, all from the boundary.

Cats don't need

And I feel pies have too many concerns about salary

I feel where in the box seat if Joe leaves

Too much.
Guy hasn't even made the AA team so it's not like he is some great talent.
North over value their players so they would be demanding the world when he simply isn't worth it.

5 + 9 works for me, but you are right,
incredibly, very few North people would do that trade.

But if Dougal is worth a first rounder, then Joe and Ben are worth 2x top 10 picks.

Cats don't need

Honestly I'd take Jenkins for $200k and a token late draft pick regardless, he's certainly no worse than Brown or McKernan as a tall, works pretty well alongside other KPF's, can do minutes in the Ruck, and is a proven AFL level goal kicker over multiple seasons. Don't see why we wouldn't do it given Daniher & Stewart have barely played, McKernan is mercurial but hasn't managed a full season, leaving Brown & Hooker as our only other talls, one who is highly mobile but not at all a contested mark and really is best as a 2nd / 3rd tall, and the other who looked close to cooked by the end of 2019.

Unless there's some kind of personality issue or baggage associated with him, he fills a fairly clear need for us as KPF depth that we really struggled with in 2019.

I'd rather us have Stewart, McKernan & Brown playing VFL with Daniher & Jenkins fully fit up forward than be forced to play Brown at FF (again).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cats don't need

Why don't the Cats need him? They have had one genuine key forward in the last decade, they've done well with just that, but imagine if Hawkins had some help during his career. Geelong have got to try something different while they still have Ablett, Selwood and Dangerfield. Esava will be a good player in the future, but Geelong's time is now.

Jenkins will be playing for below the average wage. Collingwood's salary concerns won't really be an issue until the end of next year, so if he's on the books for 1 year, it's not going to be an issue/have an impact.

Hawks bend another one over...

Does Graham Wright have jafars hypnotic staff or something?

No they just focus on players that are incredibly gettable for low investment.

Scully - huge injury concerns and high salary for holding team
Patton - injury history and one of highest paid players.
Frost - talented athlete but not a star.

They take all of them slot them into the pre defined roles and the machine keeps running.

They take all of them slot them into the pre defined roles and the machine keeps running.

It's a shame we're incapable of having a system in place to be able to trade like this.

Cutler ends up being a list clogger in the vfl

Cutler easily gets a wing spot. We played Jok and Ham there late in the year. Clearly offers more than either of them and even Zakas only a half step away from being cooked.

was only 2 days ago McCartney was saying a 4th rounder wouldn't cut it for Patton - jafas stick came out - ok, a 4th will do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back