Recruiting Trade & Free Agency VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The club could do a lot worse than giving Harley another go.

I would definitely support the idea.

Although it could be another Yarran type situation.

The club is not going to draft Bennell, they have their policy and they stick to it. Even though we may be missing out on top talent that could contribute to us winning a final for the first time in 16 years.

He will end up at Richmond and they will turn him around.

Lots of smaller , slower players win the contested ball and do ok.
Worpel went at pick 45.

Worpel was a bit of a slider from memory, he was rated quite well as a midfielder at U-18, Captain of the Falcons and according to this article his underage numbers were exceptional. I recall wanting us to take him but don't think we had a pick suitable.

Worpel was a bit of a slider from memory, he was rated quite well as a midfielder at U-18, Captain of the Falcons and according to this article his underage numbers were exceptional. I recall wanting us to take him but don't think we had a pick suitable.
Hawthorn grabbed him 3 or 4 before us ..I believe many on here were hoping he would last.

Why hasn't Ben Keays made it? Development? Wrong place wrong time? What's his deficiency? Is he worth a crack?

Overrated over hype academy kid.

Bennell is probably just as likely as Long to pay off as a rookie. Funny how many are saying we've held Long for too long, but should pick Bennell who has failed to get his s**t together for.. how many seasons in a row? 4?
He literally just got delisted after a club held him for too long.

For goodness sake, pick a roughie kid who really wants it

Bennell is probably just as likely as Long to pay off as a rookie. Funny how many are saying we've held Long for too long, but should pick Bennell who has failed to get his s**t together for.. how many seasons in a row? 4?

For goodness sake, pick a roughie kid who really wants it

At least Bennell has an ice addiction to blame. What is Long's excuse?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Different circumstances. Injury vs form.
Not much upside in keeping Long. Bennell a perfect rookie pick up.

Sydney will likely pick him up though.

True but maybe it is because he misses so much footy. I like him, he can play but he has a Lavere like injury list in the last 2 seasons.
True, but that's another reason to not dump Brown just to pick him up.

Does anyone see Liam McBean as an option on the rookie list? Took out the Ken Farmer medal for most goals in the SANFL this year, playing for Glenelg who won the premiership. Has some AFL experience with Richmond and apparently has developed his game since then. Maybe a good option in lieu of Joey's fitness?

I have mentioned McBean before, to a lukewarm response. How now?

Does anyone see Liam McBean as an option on the rookie list? Took out the Ken Farmer medal for most goals in the SANFL this year, playing for Glenelg who won the premiership. Has some AFL experience with Richmond and apparently has developed his game since then. Maybe a good option in lieu of Joey's fitness?

He's Joe's best mate grab him until Joe sign's a 5 year deal then delist.

Developed in what way? I have no insight / firsthand opinion on whether he's worth picking up, but as of a few months ago, the verdict seemed to be that he still plays a lot smaller than he is. Dunno if that's what we're looking for, especially if Daniher ends up needing replacing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back