Recruiting Trade & Free Agency VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
SSP deadline is March 13.

I imagine that if we move on a SSP selection, we would do it soon. It makes more sense to get them in for a pre season game or two I would have thought.
I would say they'll make a call next week, as I assume all three contenders will be playing the game against Melbourne at Casey Fields.

How many of those are locks for best 22? McGrath, McKernan and Saad. Daniher and TBC on the rare occasions when they are fit. I'm happy for the rest to scrap it out.

There's definitely a lot of guys that might be on their last year if they can't show some AFL level form; Laverde, Ridley, Begley, Mutch & Langford all have potential but haven't really locked down a proper spot in the best-22 yet.

I wouldn't mind having a look at Joe Atley either. Averaged 24 touches in the SANFL this year

Probably a smart And gettable target for you.

Looked very promising to start with but a few niggling injuries set him back. He’s out of contract at the end of the year.

Apparently he’s looking in pretty good nick to start the year. Whether he stays or not probably depends on how he sees his future at port come the end of the year.

Wines will ask for a trade at the end of the season and Rockliff is pretty much cooked, so in 2021 the inside mid role at port would depend on Willem drew who looks very good and atley.

You guys will almost certainly throw your hat in the ring for wines but he will probably ask for Carlton again.

Probably a smart And gettable target for you.

Looked very promising to start with but a few niggling injuries set him back. He’s out of contract at the end of the year.

Apparently he’s looking in pretty good nick to start the year. Whether he stays or not probably depends on how he sees his future at port come the end of the year.

Wines will ask for a trade at the end of the season and Rockliff is pretty much cooked, so in 2021 the inside mid role at port would depend on Willem drew who looks very good and atley.

You guys will almost certainly throw your hat in the ring for wines but he will probably ask for Carlton again.
If Wines leaves I'd try to get some deal where we essentially get him and Todd Marshall (dreaming, I know) for Daniher (if he leaves) as far as capital goes.

If Wines leaves I'd try to get some deal where we essentially get him and Todd Marshall (dreaming, I know) for Daniher (if he leaves) as far as capital goes.

Dreaming isn’t the right word for thinking you can get 2 contracted and sought after players for 1 RFA whose body might be completely shot. I reckon we will leave this here as it’s not worth debating beyond both saying our piece if that’s what you think. Just saw a comment on atley and thought I had something to offer there.

Dreaming isn’t the right word for thinking you can get 2 contracted and sought after players for 1 RFA whose body might be completely shot. I reckon we will leave this here as it’s not worth debating beyond both saying our piece if that’s what you think. Just saw a comment on atley and thought I had something to offer there.
Yeah, fair call. You'd probably call for Fantasia to be part of the deal.

I did like Atley in bits as a junior that I saw and he seems to be doing pretty well in the SANFL, but from memory his kicking isn't great?

Hope we’re having a sniff around for Zac Williams who is out of contract at the end of this year. Proved late last year he can move into the midfield and be pretty dangerous.

If Cameron signs the mega deal he is probably worth I can’t see how they can afford Williams as well

I know it's only a half of pre season game

But, Petracca

If we're serious about a big body mid then he's gettable and the man. By the end of the year he might be worth a small fortune though.

22 poss and 15 CP in a half I doubt our players hit that in a game CP wise

I know it's only a half of pre season game

But, Petracca

If we're serious about a big body mid then he's gettable and the man. By the end of the year he might be worth a small fortune though.

22 poss and 15 CP in a half I doubt our players hit that in a game CP wise

Fools gold imo. Let’s see him deliver in the season proper first.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fools gold imo. Let’s see him deliver in the season proper first.

Thats his challenge but anyone that can do that is special. He might just be too good a forward but we have a guy called Stringer who plays his role that he does at Melbourne.

38 disposals
27 CP
3 goals

No one on our list can dream of those stats, let alone do them. PS game or not. He also did it against the Crouch bros, Sloane ect

But agree has to do it season proper his role is probably still too much fwd, but that keeps his price low. We might need to risk it and get him at unders and turn him to a sole midfielder swapping with Stringer for chop outs.

I imagine he's kind of Melbourne supporters' version of Langford. Not sure if that's fair or not though.
Nah Melbourne fans hold him accountable when he plays s**t.

Some out of Contract players to keep Tabs on.

Elliot Himmleberg Adelaide
Brennan Cox Fremantle
Brayden Fiorini Gold Coast
Jeremy Finlayson GWS
Jye Caldwell GWS
Issac Cumming GWS
Xavier O’Hallaran GWS
Ben Brown North Melbourne
Josh Battle St Kilda
Matthew Ling Sydney
Jake Waterman West Coast

2021 he's up

1372791913.png

We've got quite a few guys up this year, I'm guessing Phillips & Cutler lack data since I don't think they're on 1 year deals.
Smack, Stewart, ideally Daniher remain as the KPF depth
Laverde, Langford, Gleeson are good to have around. I quite like what we did with all 3 against the Eagles thurs night.
Saad, McGrath & Ridley no brainers. These guys have skill and great ball use in spades. We keep.

Some out of Contract players to keep Tabs on.

Elliot Himmleberg Adelaide
Brennan Cox Fremantle
Brayden Fiorini Gold Coast
Jeremy Finlayson GWS
Jye Caldwell GWS
Issac Cumming GWS
Xavier O’Hallaran GWS
Ben Brown North Melbourne
Josh Battle St Kilda
Matthew Ling Sydney
Jake Waterman West Coast

Caldwell thanks.

I'll pass on Caldwell. Another undersized inside mid isn't what we need.

Issue I have with Cox is I'm not sure if anyone knows which end he should play at, and if it's back I don't think he's in the side.

Jackson Hately and Will Walker interest me. I doubt we get either admittedly but they've interested me in the past

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back