Recruiting Trade & Free Agency VIII

What should we do with our first round picks?

• Take 6 & 7 to the draft

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Trade up the order so we can get Logan McDonald

Votes: 21 26.6%
  • Split 7 to get the other trades done

Votes: 27 34.2%
  • Something else...

Votes: 11 13.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
ATTENTION OPPOSITION POSTERS: You are on the Essendon board - not the draft board, or the main board or your club board. You are welcome to post here but you will mind your manners or you will be carded. Don't waltz in here telling the locals what's happening/not happening, what's dumb etc. By the same token sealioning will also not be tolerated so be warned. You do not have equal standing here no matter how right you think you are.

Draft Combine
Tuesday October 1 - Friday October 4

AFL Grand Final
Saturday October 24

Free Agency Window
Friday October 30 – Friday November 6

AFL Trade Period (Players and picks)
Wednesday November 4 – 7.30pm Thursday November 12

List Lodgement 1
Wednesday November 25

Delisted Free Agency Window 1
Thursday November 26 - Sunday November 29

List Lodgement 2 (Final date for primary list delistings)
Monday November 30

Delisted Free Agency Window 2
Monday November 30 - Tuesday December 1

AFL Trade Period (Picks only)
Concludes Thursday December 3

National Draft
7pm Wednesday December 9

Preseason and Rookie Drafts
12pm Thursday December 10

Final List Lodgement
Mid-December (tbc)

Pre-Season Supplemental Selection Period (SSP)
Wednesday January 6, 2021 – will conclude prior to the start of the 2021 Toyota AFL Premiership Season
Any issues with it post in this thread:

Draft discussion goes here: Draft Watch

Father/Son & NGA discussion goes here: James Hird Academy (Father/Son and Next Generation)

Poll results: Who should stay? | Which key forward do you want? | What would you give up to get Josh Dunkley?

Last edited:
My Joe Daniher info is pretty spot on btw. I am a close relative of one of the Sydney list management staff. Sydney are currently offering more than Brisbane to get him. It will be reported before the end of next week.

brisbane are currently ramping up trade discussions because they know this. Also Joes manager is playing both clubs off each other and being a cube

I ll stick to it and say he is a lot closer to signing for Sydney

My Joe Daniher info is pretty spot on btw. I am a close relative of one of the Sydney list management staff. Sydney are currently offering more than Brisbane to get him. It will be reported before the end of next week.

brisbane are currently ramping up trade discussions because they know this. Also Joes manager is playing both clubs off each other and being a cube

I don't doubt it. What do they think of Essendon / Dodoro and the handling of the trade request last year?

The good news is at least Dunkley hasn't put anything to bed straight away and neither has his management.

Dunkley and Caldwell great picks. I think we get 2MP aswell who might come a bit cheaper. Brodie and Constable the backups to Dunkley I feel

We have to over pay for Dunkley with picks and Caldwell with money but I'm happy to do that

I'm starting to think Hurley still has a place in our side and some time. He's been pretty durable in the last 4 years and seems to be getting better with durability as he ages. Henderson, Taylor played well into age as tall defenders.

They understood it and had no qualms. It was more Joes management they were annoyed with trying to jam the trade down their throats
From the outside that's how it appeared as well. That's why i couldn't understand all the Harley cristism.

I may be wrong but at the time it looked like all the coffee stuff was a surprise for Harley and they basically just went with it to see what could come from it (as opposed to some underhanded get Joe operation).

XM?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's being a cube entail
6 faces, 6 vertices, and 12 edges of equal length.

Did you know a 1cm cube holds 1mL of liquid?

FWIW:

The Brisbane Lions are excited that Joe Daniher has nominated our Club as his preferred new home for season 2021 and beyond.

The Club will work its way through the process of Free Agency with the AFL during the Free Agency trade period.

As a Club our number one priority at the moment is our finals campaign and focusing on our preparation toward this.

When's the last time a player nominated a club, everything was announced, and then changed their mind before the grand final had even been played?

Fake news.

Have severe doubts. Why didn’t he nominate sydney?

XM is lighting up bomber blitz today.

He’s even been texting with Jackets and posting said texts on blitz. ITK KING 👑

Yeah I’ve read his/her statements and clarification that he wasn’t banned from bigfooty.

He only makes statements on players though that have already been reported as leaving or on verge of leaving by the media.

He’s bound to get 1 right as a result,

Like I can say believe me Treloar will be playing for Lions next year, it’s on the board. Do I know this? Nope. But it’s 50/50 he will leave and odds are it will be to a QLD team so he can be with partner and child so he can concentrate on his footy during his off field time.

I highly highly doubt that. He publicly nominated Brisbane and Brisbane confirmed it. It wouldn't even make sense for Sydney to chase him.

What's being a cube entail
Goes to Urban Dictionary to try and understand what the younglings talking about and I’m still none the wiser 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

Yeah I’ve read his/her statements and clarification that he wasn’t banned from bigfooty.

He only makes statements on players though that have already been reported as leaving or on verge of leaving by the media.

He’s bound to get 1 right as a result,

Like I can say believe me Treloar will be playing for Lions next year, it’s on the board. Do I know this? Nope. But it’s 50/50 he will leave and odds are it will be to a QLD team so he can be with partner and child so he can concentrate on his footy during his off field time.

If Treloar goes to Brisbane I will never question you again.

just like that old school psychic John Edwards

“there is someone in your life that wants to speak to you. Their name starts with the letter m......no wait n.....it could be a g. Insert gullible person “Omg he was so right my grandma died so he must speak to her. How could he have known that.” :D

Goes to Urban Dictionary to try and understand what the younglings talking about and I’m still none the wiser 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️
Maybe you need to think outside the box.

what about...
- Ratugolea
- Luke Partington
- Mitch Hibberd (Actually playing him in the midfield).
- C.Gerloff.

Gerloff had a disappointing year, mostly because of an ankle injury. I would not pick him up in these circumstances. Despite his good skills, good size and decent athletic ability I think his decision making and reaction times aren't quick enough to play inside.

what about players excelling in the seconds..
- Ratugolea(not getting any games, but can play)
- Luke Partington
- Mitch Hibberd (Actually playing him in the midfield).
- C.Gerloff.
- J.Foote
- Penny Hardaway
Lowson?

Gerloff had a disappointing year, mostly because of an ankle injury. I would not pick him up in these circumstances. Despite his good skills, good size and decent athletic ability I think his decision making and reaction times aren't quick enough to play inside.

Fair enough mang, fair enough. I'll go with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back