Training Training Reports and Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't know why we still have the seemingly endless sniping at and defence of, Buckley as coach. It is over. He gave it all he had. Circumstances didn't favour him. He has never talked down the club. We have a new coach now. At least he training thread could focus on the present.
Total agreement far too much focus on Bucks from the usual suspects who continually derail threads.

With Mitchell in, I'd slot Pendles into Lipinski's role of last year.
I agree with Lucky Lee Lipinski's role of last year will be hard to replace, not only does he make excellent use of his possessions but is a hard running mid who often runs the full length of the field supporting the backs and linking with the next assault. It's going to be interesting How Fly will organise things Sidebottom could get that role.

2010 we were the best side in the home and away season, 2018 we beat one top at side in the h and a. Those sides aren’t comparable, Bucks had far more luck getting that far than luck hindering him.
You better send a letter to the panel that Voted Bucks Coach of the Year, and ask them to withdraw the award.

I agree with Lucky Lee Lipinski's role of last year will be hard to replace, not only does he make excellent use of his possessions but is a hard running mid who often runs the full length of the field supporting the backs and linking with the next assault. It's going to be interesting How Fly will organise things Sidebottom could get that role.
Possibly Sidey no longer has the legs to run the length of the ground all day now - I think he's better in the forward half being a linking threat and more than capable of slipping in for a couple of goals every match.

The probable tactic this year will be to have 2 or 3 players covering the role within their areas (back, mid etc ).

Interesting times.

I don't know why we still have the seemingly endless sniping at and defence of, Buckley as coach. It is over. He gave it all he had. Circumstances didn't favour him. He has never talked down the club. We have a new coach now. At least he training thread could focus on the present.

Agreed. Plus Bucks is fantastic in the media and is still clearly a die hard Pie man. Nothing but love for him.

Great memory's of Lippa linking up through the centre square with deft handballs in 2022. Not to mention his beautiful kicking inside 50. Very impactful and finishing 6th in the BnF highlights his year. Will be hard to replace but is a replaceable role if that makes sense.

Possibly Sidey no longer has the legs to run the length of the ground all day now - I think he's better in the forward half being a linking threat and more than capable of slipping in for a couple of goals every match.

The probable tactic this year will be to have 2 or 3 players covering the role within their areas (back, mid etc ).

Interesting times.

Sidey played such an important role on the wing in 2022. Yes he had quiet games but it often coincided with Jaics having a blinder on the opposing wing. Just the nature of being a wingman, especially in a team with a low possession count. You cant underestimate a player with a footy brain like Sidey. I think he's in for a strong year.

Sidey played such an important role on the wing in 2022. Yes he had quiet games but it often coincided with Jaics having a blinder on the opposing wing. Just the nature of being a wingman, especially in a team with a low possession count. You cant underestimate a player with a footy brain like Sidey. I think he's in for a strong year.
BB I would love nothing more, as a (nearly ) Septuagenarian this year I'm sadly intimately familiar with aging on the body over my 30 plus years in the physically demanding transport industry.

Of course it's not the same in detail but the overall concept is identical - aging bodies wear out and those in professional sport and highly physical work endeavours have their bodies wear out quicker.

Also varies from person to person but you can't stop time and it's effect on the body - hoping for the best for him but aware it may not be physically possible.

Fingers crossed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You don't think Pendles can do all of that? But yes, Sidey could do it too, and both Daicoses could too. We've got a bit of depth now and can cover the role.

You don't think Pendles can do all of that? But yes, Sidey could do it too, and both Daicoses could too. We've got a bit of depth now and can cover the role.
TBH it sounds exactly like WHE. Not sure Will is as sleek as Lippa when it comes to handballs, but he has him matched in terms of gut running and linking up.

I still reckon he belongs in the forward line

His lack of strength and speed won't really hurt us there, but his football brain and ability to read the drop would help us immeasurably

Honestly, I’m not going to be surprised if WHE remains in defence and Nick plays forward/mid. He said recently in an interview iirc that he would be rotating between there and didn’t even mention defence. Looking forward to him being a legit scoring threat this year.

Honestly, I’m not going to be surprised if WHE remains in defence and Nick plays forward/mid. He said recently in an interview iirc that he would be rotating between there and didn’t even mention defence. Looking forward to him being a legit scoring threat this year.
I'd love to see Nick in the role Lippa played last year - half forward rotating into the midfield after stoppage when Jordy moves ahead of the ball. I think it would be just about perfect for his development - the problem is he's also pretty irreplaceable for our defence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back