Preview Training reports, pics, training discussion, mustachioed 80s heartthrobs

Remove this Banner Ad

Word is Bolton smashed the boys for a 3 hour training session today! any confirmations? i didn't attend sadly.

Great write up harks.

Here's mine;
I had some spare time between meetings and popped in from 12.30 - 1.15.

12.30 - 1.05 - a trainer set up a warm up drill

1.05 - 1.15 - a player (maybe Whiley) was kicking the ball 15m with a trainer, the rest of the players still in the rooms.

Then I had to go. There were lots of flys around, and I was thirsty but didn't have any cash to buy a bottle of water and didn't want to pay $2.50 surcharge at the ATM.

Hope you all got something out of this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I got that your a tightass

First thing I get next season will be a NB membership. You buy em at the gate for $20. No ******* around with membership departments. Pays for itself in 2 games. Can't wait to see the new young men smashing in. Woo!

This.
So many kids to watch next year.

Great write up harks.

Here's mine;
I had some spare time between meetings and popped in from 12.30 - 1.15.

12.30 - 1.05 - a trainer set up a warm up drill

1.05 - 1.15 - a player (maybe Whiley) was kicking the ball 15m with a trainer, the rest of the players still in the rooms.

Then I had to go. There were lots of flys around, and I was thirsty but didn't have any cash to buy a bottle of water and didn't want to pay $2.50 surcharge at the ATM.

Hope you all got something out of this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You report had a certain je ne sais quoi...

I think it was the implied dehydration.

Thanks Bolts

Knew you would agree with me and understand the festive shit is over and its back down to hard work..we are last and 3 hours in 33 degree heat should be the min until we make finals.

Word is Bolton smashed the boys for a 3 hour training session today! any confirmations? i didn't attend sadly.

the bay is killing me every year we dont....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks Bolts

Knew you would agree with me and understand the festive shit is over and its back down to hard work..we are last and 3 hours in 33 degree heat should be the min until we make finals.

the bay is killing me every year we dont....

How good of a statement is that from bolts? bloody brilliant, don't remember the last time we trained that long this early.

How good of a statement is that from bolts? bloody brilliant, don't remember the last time we trained that long this early.

We have been doing the same shit for far too long, with this half arsed approach. Not to knock whats his face ......barker. But this is where malthouse failed. It wasn't a serious tilt for him, it wasn't serious because he wasn't new etc etc etc. Baker and Bolts have and had to prove themselves which will challenge the group. Same with Ratten fwiw. Malthouse was in the exact position Buckley was in at 2011 - riding on the back of a decent team. malthouse did the same in 2013. We need to train the squibby skirtness out of them. Rain, hail, cold, frost - who cares you perform. Which has always shit me to tears in the past watching them. Except Kade.

I look at the bulldogs and what they achieved in a year. Not to say we can as well, but if they can rise so much with a lot of no name off cuts, then personally I can kinda see us do it too. 2012 was an injury year from hell but 2015 was far worse. But we have not use it as an excuse.

We have been doing the same shit for far too long, with this half arsed approach. Not to knock whats his face ......barker. But this is where malthouse failed. It wasn't a serious tilt for him, it wasn't serious because he wasn't new etc etc etc. Baker and Bolts have and had to prove themselves which will challenge the group. Same with Ratten fwiw. Malthouse was in the exact position Buckley was in at 2011 - riding on the back of a decent team. malthouse did the same in 2013. We need to train the squibby skirtness out of them. Rain, hail, cold, frost - who cares you perform. Which has always shit me to tears in the past watching them. Except Kade.

I look at the bulldogs and what they achieved in a year. Not to say we can as well, but if they can rise so much with a lot of no name off cuts, then personally I can kinda see us do it too. 2012 was an injury year from hell but 2015 was far worse. But we have not use it as an excuse.

You've hit the nail on the head, Our club has been "she'll be right" for way too long, about time someone came in and just said hold on, this is filth, Bolton has bought in that Hawks like mentality, If you're half arsed you'll be shown the door, This needed to happen, instead of always hearing "how fit we are" and barely could run out 3 and a half quarters, absolute shamble, just hope Bolts can pick the energy and professionalism that's needed and judging by what he has done today, He is sending that statement to us the fans and members.

You've hit the nail on the head, Our club has been "she'll be right" for way too long, about time someone came in and just said hold on, this is filth, Bolton has bought in that Hawks like mentality, If you're half arsed you'll be shown the door, This needed to happen, instead of always hearing "how fit we are" and barely could run out 3 and a half quarters, absolute shamble, just hope Bolts can pick the energy and professionalism that's needed and judging by what he has done today, He is sending that statement to us the fans and members.
To play devils advocate, the sports fitness people would have a huge say in how long players can train at what stage of the season. Doesn't excuse Malthouse because he was the coach and picked his staff, but it doesn't boil down to one person.

Not that interesting but the players were doing what looked like a beep test in 3 separate groups (that I saw). Kerridge was last standing in the first group, followed by Curnow and then Buckley. Gibbs and Cripps were also in this group, only caught the end so dunno know who else dropped out. They were cheering Kerridge for every leg he completed towards the end.
2nd group Everitt was last remaining, Simpson was 2nd (Touhy, Dvr, Graham, Gorringe also in this group from memory).
Third group was Jamo, Rowe, Thomas, Smith, Phillips, Jones, and Lamb I think. Jamo won this group.
(I've only listed the names I remember, definitely missed a few).
Afterwards saw some training drills, didn't know what was happening but Byrne seems to glide over the oval, can't wait to see him in action.

Byrne. I know I'm a fan but the way he stepped around players today was A-grade. Whereas Tuohy seems to prop and stop in similar situations, Byrne puts on the afterburners and just goes.

Agree 100% with this! Thought to myself today that if I had no idea of who the players were, I would absolutely believe it if someone told me Byrne was the best player on the team.

Agree 100% with this! Thought to myself today that if I had no idea of who the players were, I would absolutely believe it if someone told me Byrne was the best player on the team.

Just one of the reasons to be excited. Both Byrne and Sheehan displayed more than enough to show they have what it takes to make it at AFL level.

The rest is up to them and their will to succeed. They have the tools, if they really want it we have two absolute rippers on our hands.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back