Training Training thread - news and live reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah just on Ziebell

I know there's been some consternation about whether he's right for the defensive side of things, but watching closely today he seems to be fitting in quite well. He's very vocal and he's clearly done his homework about what it looks like for him back there, because he's ordering players around, organising the defensive positioning etc. He played on Fordy for a bit who did bugger all. Offensively the white team tried to switch the footy and move it around the backline a bit more and his kicking was fine. Didn't notice any ultra turnovers and he was picking people out nicely. He took a few kickouts and the plan was clearly to monster it out of the area which he did as well.

I don't see why he can't do it. If he's not playing on an 18 year old smart coaches will probably just drag him to the square and force him to play one out which may present an issue. But I'd hope Noble and co are working on a plan to avoid that happening. He simply isn't as bad an option down there as people seem to think

Given the first team was white, maybe we should have put jz in blue and see how he goes with ct cz tt etc as they would pose more issues than Ford at this stage

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I do believe Harry Jones is training with us; looks like an ex-* rookie. Looked really nice and did some eye opening things.

Ex-Hawk, has signed with our VFL side.

Corr, who crossed to Arden Street from Greater Western Sydney as a free agent, ran laps on the sidelines after a calf tweak but is expected to return to full training next week.

Aiden Bonar (calf) also watched on, as did Jared Polec, who had some minor hamstring tightness. Aaron Hall left the track early as did Taylor Garner, while talented draftee Eddie Ford rolled his ankle after flying for a mark and hobbled from the field.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah just on Ziebell

I know there's been some consternation about whether he's right for the defensive side of things, but watching closely today he seems to be fitting in quite well. He's very vocal and he's clearly done his homework about what it looks like for him back there, because he's ordering players around, organising the defensive positioning etc. He played on Fordy for a bit who did bugger all. Offensively the white team tried to switch the footy and move it around the backline a bit more and his kicking was fine. Didn't notice any ultra turnovers and he was picking people out nicely. He took a few kickouts and the plan was clearly to monster it out of the area which he did as well.

I don't see why he can't do it. If he's not playing on an 18 year old smart coaches will probably just drag him to the square and force him to play one out which may present an issue. But I'd hope Noble and co are working on a plan to avoid that happening. He simply isn't as bad an option down there as people seem to think

The match up is going to be key. If we can manage it, then the move will be ok. Teams will be trying to expose him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back