Transfer discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember one of the reasons Frank got the arse was how desperate he was to sign Declan so I doubt he'll be going there, especially if we finish above Chelsea this season.

The only way i see Rice staying is if Hammers get UCL. If not he'll be at United or Chelsea next season. We should have used the Havertz money on him.

Being linked with Jules Koundé, looks a fine CB but being such a short arse is a bit of a worry especially in the Prem.

He is also high up on Uniteds list.

The only way i see Rice staying is if Hammers get UCL. If not he'll be at United or Chelsea next season. We should have used the Havertz money on him.

Think he'll stay if we finish top 6 at least, I mean I said at the start of the season the main thing was to show progress and we've done that.

He wants to stay in London also from what I've read so I don't consider Man Utd being able to sign him for that reason primarily.

But yep I said last off-season Chelsea should have signed Rice instead of Havertz but don't think a lot of people would have agreed at the time.

I am interpreting this as an admission of flopness.
Nah, he'll be a good footballer for us over the next decade once he finds his feet in a new league/country. Hes a Rolls Royce and i dont see him as a flop(Werner on the other hand......).

Ive been pretty consistent with my Rice love and my opinion he would have benefited us more as a team. He'll come back to Chelsea eventually imo just whether its next season or the one after.

diversion or perhaps the medical showed up issues

He's a good defender nonetheless.
He and Skriniar would be nice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you think Kabak is worth signing?
I'm on the fence still. At the beginning I was a no, but as he has played more he has gotten better, he's still very young but his pace worries me. Rumours are we can actually sign him for 9 million which I guess is just good business as if he doesnt work out, we could probably flip him at a profit.

So yeah still undecided. What have you made of him? If you've seen much of him...

I'm on the fence still. At the beginning I was a no, but as he has played more he has gotten better, he's still very young but his pace worries me. Rumours are we can actually sign him for 9 million which I guess is just good business as if he doesnt work out, we could probably flip him at a profit.

So yeah still undecided. What have you made of him? If you've seen much of him...
Not seen enough to form an opinion tbh

Nothing will change, will be held to his contract, but this is where there is a clear disconnect between fans and clubs. Essentially Harry is saying the top prizes is what I am after, winning the league cup later in the month won’t placate me. You need to be aiming for the top to satisfy me. It’s all BS.

Which brings it back to Pochettino’s philosophy of tanking domestic cups and Europa in preference of top 4.

Yet fans want none of that, fans of all clubs just want a trophy, any trophy, and if you can get them regularly you are laughing.

Managers have done wonders convincing people that you need to tank domestic cups to have a chance of doing well in the league.

It's an easy excuse for underperformance.

Nothing will change, will be held to his contract, but this is where there is a clear disconnect between fans and clubs. Essentially Harry is saying the top prizes is what I am after, winning the league cup later in the month won’t placate me. You need to be aiming for the top to satisfy me. It’s all BS.

Which brings it back to Pochettino’s philosophy of tanking domestic cups and Europa in preference of top 4.

Yet fans want none of that, fans of all clubs just want a trophy, any trophy, and if you can get them regularly you are laughing.

I guess it may come down to how much of a competitive beast he is. Im sure he wants to be chasing those 4 trophies a season.

Next season needs to be different.

Kabak would be a brilliant signing for 9m if Edwards can pull it off. Still very young with plenty of potential.

He will be our #4 CB next sesson if he stays which is more suitable for him at the current stage of his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back