That is all....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lion4life

Club Legend
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Liverpool; Washington Wizards
Was too long, over the top and the actors needs to enrol in acting classes at a community college. Should've known better then to expect a Michael Bay movie to be any good :/

Roobs321

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Sydney Swans GWS CBR United
To pay to see this and then complain about it will gain no sympathy.

That said, it's disturbing how widely seen Bay's entire filmography is. His least famous films would include The Island, Bad Boys 1, etc. and many people would have seen them at some point.

That said, I think his 90s films are watchable (particularly The Rock), and I know Pain & Gain has some fans.

HirdyLannister

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
Thread starter #11

That said, it's disturbing how widely seen Bay's entire filmography is. His least famous films would include The Island, Bad Boys 1, etc. and many people would have seen them at some point.

That said, I think his 90s films are watchable (particularly The Rock), and I know Pain & Gain has some fans.
They are decent enough films but this latest one is an abortion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NitroFan

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Packers, Bulls, Ducks, Angels
this. there have already been 3 of these ******* things. you should know what youre in for.

is there anyone complaining about this one that actually liked the first 3?

Affidavit

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Essendon
Yup. I enjoyed the first three. Were they the greatest movies of all time? No. But they were enjoyable and entertaining at least.

TheGermanator

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
FC Bayern, Chelsea FC, Raiders
The second was absolute rubbish! Those twin Autobots, and Wheelie humping Mikaela's leg were the worst attempts at humour I've ever seen

EDIT: Also Sam's mum talking about masturbation and getting high off hash cookies :oops: Embarassing

Last edited:

bourbons

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
^Yep. I've never walked out of a movie but came pretty close during Transformers 2. Think it might have been during the giant dangling transformer testicles scene.

First one was pretty decent for what it was I thought. That scene of the decepticon helicopter at the army base and the first transformation was nuts. It had other good moments too, but it was like some happy accident. Said I'd never pay to see another one after 2, downloaded 3 (it was better than 2 but still hot garbage), don't even know if I'll do that for 4.

To whoever said above that they still hold out hope for a decent Transformers movie, you'll just need to wait for a non-Bay reboot in a decade or more. There is 0 chance of a change in direction/tone with him at the helm, and why would they want to go a different way anytime soon - these abominations make a squillion dollars every time.

Still, maybe there is hope - maybe these films will turn out to be akin to the campy Batman movies of the late 90s and someone can give them a Nolan-eske treatment in a few years.

HirdyLannister

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
Thread starter #19
^Yep. I've never walked out of a movie but came pretty close during Transformers 2. Think it might have been during the giant dangling transformer testicles scene.

First one was pretty decent for what it was I thought. That scene of the decepticon helicopter at the army base and the first transformation was nuts. It had other good moments too, but it was like some happy accident. Said I'd never pay to see another one after 2, downloaded 3 (it was better than 2 but still hot garbage), don't even know if I'll do that for 4.

To whoever said above that they still hold out hope for a decent Transformers movie, you'll just need to wait for a non-Bay reboot in a decade or more. There is 0 chance of a change in direction/tone with him at the helm, and why would they want to go a different way anytime soon - these abominations make a squillion dollars every time.

Still, maybe there is hope - maybe these films will turn out to be akin to the campy Batman movies of the late 90s and someone can give them a Nolan-eske treatment in a few years.
Ummm they rock! :p

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees

RolandF1

Club Legend
AFL Club
Adelaide
Top Bottom