Transgender

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please be aware that the tolerance of anti-trans language on BF is at an all-time low. Jokes and insults that are trans-related, as well as anti-trans and bigoted rhetoric will be met with infractions, threadbans etc as required. It's a sensitive (and important) topic, so behave like well-mannered adults when discussing it, PARTICULARLY when disagreeing. This equally applies across the whole site.

Last edited:
ShanDog said: "It's a sensitive (and important) topic, so behave like well-mannered adults when discussing it, PARTICULARLY when disagreeing."

So, what do we know? We know that you don't care about this "important topic," and that you don't have "strong feelings" about this "important topic"?

Let me help ya out here, do you care and have "strong feelings" for things that are "important"?

Do you "support" all cultures or just the transgender culture?

What makes you think that I'm in their lives and you're not? You're the one that supports their unimportant culture!

Banned, did he go out with a bang?

"Transgender is a broad term that can be used to describe people whose gender identity is different from the gender they were thought to be when they were born."

C'mon now, weird is saying later that "I thought it was boy, but wtf do I know?"

The liberal/left is weird, they'll tell you a homosexual is "born that way," and that a transgender shouldn't of been born that way?

When do we ask if these peoples are actually seen as useful idiots to the liberal/left and the less intelligent that gravitate towards them?
I think the confusion here warrants a serious answer.

Homosexuals have a sexual and/or romantic preference for their own gender.

Transgender people were born as one gender, but internally feel that they are NOT that gender and wish to live their lives as the one they feel is the right one. The discomfort ends when they feel at peace with who they are both inside and out.

Crossdressers and drag queens are NOT transgender but they each have an aspect to them that needs to be expressed as the opposite gender. Shane Jenek explains it best when talking about his famous drag queen alter-ego Courtney Act;

Tue 17 Mar 2020

...While using Courtney as a socially acceptable way to express his femininity provided Jenek with some comfort it had forced him to compartmentalise his identity.

"Courtney was an extreme and Shane was an extreme and I had just never thought that there was a place in the middle, even though that's essentially where I'd lived for all of my life."

As he reached his thirties, Jenek found maintaining those two separate identities more and more stressful and at times he would wonder whether he should consider transitioning to a woman. "It was such a point of trauma and struggle in my identity," he says.

The turning point came in 2014, when he became friends with transgender activist Chaz Bono, who he met when he appeared on the US reality TV show RuPaul's Drag Race.

It was Bono who introduced Jenek to the term "gender fluid" — the idea that gender exists on a spectrum and you don't have to conform to one extreme or the other.

To realise that it was possible to marry the two extremes of his identity — that it was alright for Shane to be a feminine man — was a transformative moment
for Jenek, allowing him to cast off a lifetime of shame and internalised homophobia.

"This idea of gender identity being binary, of male and female, that was the real issue," Jenek says.

"Once I was able to break free from that and just accept that whoever I was was correct and allowed and should be expressed, that was the thing that really set me free..."

Do you care for and have "strong feelings" for things important?

Is this important to you? You do seem to get easily offended on the transgenders behalf.

Are conservatives "dumb f****"?

I know I'm not, it's the liberal/left that created the thread to put themselves in their lives lol, perhaps so the bigots can call the conservatives bigots?
At this stage I'm not sure if serious.

Edit - oh banned. Had me confused

I hope all the feminists in this thread are as concerned about this as they are trans women playing sport.
Of course it's awful and needs to be treated seriously. DV is a scourge on society.

But I gotta be honest man, if you see something like this and think "I can use this to score points in an argument" you really need to rethink your headspace.

Of course it's awful and needs to be treated seriously. DV is a scourge on society.

But I gotta be honest man, if you see something like this and think "I can use this to score points in an argument" you really need to rethink your headspace.
We have a lot of people using feminism as a cloak to absolutely kick the s**t out of the trans community and yet these same voices are silent on this. Why is protecting some women so much more important and and certainly more newsworthy than others? Sorry you think that's just points scoring.

We have a lot of people using feminism as a cloak to absolutely kick the s**t out of the trans community and yet these same voices are silent on this. Why is protecting some women so much more important and and certainly more newsworthy than others? Sorry you think that's just points scoring.
Do I need to caveat every post with "and I think DV is awful and needs to be stamped out?".

That article/DV had nothing to do with the Trans thread. You pasted it in here with the sole intent of slinging mud at people you disagree with.

If that's not using a tragedy for point scoring, I don't know what is. Frankly I think you should be ashamed of your behaviour.

Last edited:
Do I need to caveat every post with "and I think DV is awful and needs to be stamped out?".

That article/DV had nothing to do with the Trans thread. You pasted it in here with the sole intent of slinging mud at people you disagree with.

If that's not using a tragedy for point scoring, I don't know what is. Frankly I think you should be ashamed of your behaviour.
My point remains we see endless debate over protecting women playing sport played out at the highest level of government at times where trans women's lives are open season for all and sundry and yet DV that would effect far more women is an issue that's played out at the edge of the debate most of the time. Do you not see the inconsistency?

My point remains we see endless debate over protecting women playing sport played out at the highest level of government at times where trans women's lives are open season for all and sundry and yet DV that would effect far more women is an issue that's played out at the edge of the debate most of the time. Do you not see the inconsistency?

I mean I do see a lot of discussion about DV in the media, so there is that. But where do you stop, how wide should the debate for anything be? Should we also be discussing women's rights in Middle Eastern countries?

What's there to debate about DV? It's almost universally seen as awful. There's consistent education/awareness on the issue, and DV in Australia has been dropping over the last 5-10 years.

It doesn't change the fact that you brought in a completely irrelevant tragedy to sling mud. It's gross and made worse by the fact that you're trying to double down.

I mean I do see a lot of discussion about DV in the media, so there is that. But where do you stop, how wide should the debate for anything be? Should we also be discussing women's rights in Middle Eastern countries?
I'm specifically talking about the issue in Australia.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope all the feminists in this thread are as concerned about this as they are trans women playing sport.

Same confusion over domestic violence in 'the Voice' discussion, though its about the absence of Feminists there.

So it's not here, doesn't affect us so we shouldn't care about it?

If you wanted to you could probably raise a more important issue than anything really, would be hard to discuss anything if it was always "yeah but what about this other thing".
I mean my view is that the people in here talking about safety in womens sport or change rooms don't seem to actually spend any time at all worried about womens safety outside of those 2 points anywhere on this site

I mean my view is that the people in here talking about safety in womens sport or change rooms don't seem to actually spend any time at all worried about womens safety outside of those 2 points anywhere on this site
You raise a thread on women's safety issues and I'm more than happy to jump in and preach how important it is. Otherwise I just assume it's a given that people here care for women's safety

Let's do that instead of using tragedies to sling mud and score points 👍

Edit: I also have no issue with transwomen using the women's bathroom and I don't consider it a safety issue.

Last edited:

'Family Court judges have been urged to consider new evidence at odds with current legal frameworks governing cases of gender-dysphoric children, or risk contributing to the “worst medical scandal in 100 years”.

A legal paper, compiled by top Victorian family law barrister Belle Lane and delivered to judges of the Federal Circuit and Family Court of Australia last month, argues fresh research into the effects of hormone treatments and puberty blockers on young Australians refutes older research touting a gender-affirming model of care.'

'The paper documents in forensic detail a lack of clinical consensus on the concept of gender dysphoria, the diagnostic process or even whether a diagnosis is required to begin medical treatment, and the benefits, risks and outcome of the medical pathway.

It tracks the development of the Australian “standards of care” for the treatment of gender dysphoria, authored by prominent Royal Children’s Hospital Melbourne pediatrician Michelle Telfer, as being based upon the so-called “gold standard” Dutch model which was based on an extraordinarily small sample of patients, which has now been critically reassessed in several countries, prompting greater safeguards for adolescents.'

'The paper is set to be presented and made public to all members of the Australian family law profession in coming months, after Ms Lane presents it to the Victorian Bar association.'

This issue wont go away, the lawyers will see to that ( $s, more please $$$s).

Not sure why you chose to ignore fairness in womens sport, it is relevant like it or not.

Not sure why you chose to ignore fairness in womens sport, it is relevant like it or not.
case in point you're not even interested in safety just "fairness"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back