Toast Travis Cloke - Selected to play Essendon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Shame to hear this about Clokey as i was looking forward to him coming into the side this week.

But with the amount of crap his copped over the last 24 months seems to have taken his toll.
Hopefully with the time he spends with his partner, new bub soon he can get a much clearer head and the boys will welcome him back.

Get well Trav - health is number one.

To all the mental health skeptics and knuckle draggers out there in social media keyboard warrior land, pull your heads in. Don't ever think you're immune from mental health issues, because you're not. Nobody is.

It's not just 'all in their head' and people can't just 'get over it' so do us all a favour and STFU.
Sorry to intrude guys, but this post :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu: I work in mental health and yes, people can't just "get over it". Kudos for having the courage to stick your hand up mate. Sharing these words from Wayne Schwass yesterday -

That was great from Schwass. He's doing excellent work for awareness and support in sporting clubs and other organisations.

I'm also thinking of other players undergoing stressful situations that have their personal lives under the microscope and are criticised for responding and disbelieved. It's a wonder there aren't more mental health issues in footy clubs. (There probably are but we don't know/hear about them.)

Get the feeling this will end with a retirement.

It hasn't really worked out. No harm in trying it out but I'd prefer Red in the side or Cordy pinch hitting.

Still I hope he stays with it and givesgloves it another crack later in the season.

who outed him for the gloves? was it hutchy, or did someone else give a tip-off to the integrity commissioner at affal house?

he needs another crack with the gloves, i hope they give him another crack, not a coke nail

#Poe's_law
medusala

WE WERE ALL SHOCKED: BEVERIDGE

CHRIS CAVANAGH – Herald Sun

WESTERN Bulldogs coach Luke Beveridge says Travis Cloke’s admission he is battling a mental health problem was as much as a shock to him as anyone but the club will do everything it can to support the struggling forward.

The Bulldogs announced last night that Cloke, 30, would take an indefinite break from football to deal with the problem but will continue to train with teammates.

Speaking to media this morning, Beveridge said he believed Cloke had been dealing with the problem for some time but the coach was unaware of it until recently.

“I suppose it probably always comes as a bit of a shock, whether it’s an AFL footballer or a brother, a sister, a friend. This time it’s Travis and we need to make sure we really support him,” Beveridge said.

“The pressure of the game is one thing but Travis has got other things going on his life that are compounding the mental side of things.

“Quite often it’s really concerning and sometimes a bit sad but obviously these days there’s plenty of support and assistance around everyone and this time it’s Travis. We’ll wrap our arms around him and we’re really hopeful that he’s going to be Okay and reengage on the field and start to enjoy his football again which is really important for his recovery.”

While the club has put no timeframe on a potential return, Beveridge said Cloke wanted to continue training to stay conditioned so he was match-fit when he was ready to return to the field.

Recruited from Collingwood over the off-season, Cloke has played just six games this season for a return of six goals.

my brothers friend knows one of the trainers at the dogs, said cloke's depression was linked to him cheating on his mrs

having said that, its just rumours

welcome back trav !!!!
hope you have a ripper

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back