Preview Trial game - Crows V Port - 5pm Friday 23 Feb at Alberton Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

You guys didn't even make finals - You talk like your a top four team. In terms of away games you beat West Coast (18) and Hawthorn (16th) just, and us of course, but those games are like your grand finals.

But we lost to Collinwood by less than a goal twice. Well done that's great, you still lost.

Cumon, we are both bang average teams. Stop talking as if one team is far superior than the other. We both suck at the moment.
I think you have this one the wrong way round. Port are the ones rolling out the 'we hate the crows' script every showdown. Of course our guys enjoy the win, but the Port guys seem to get much more invested in Showdowns in recent times.

I am HARDLY shaking in my boots about the prospect of that midfield. Soligo lol.

Our FWD line is young (bar Dixon who really shouldn't be playing anymore), but Marshall, Lord, Georgiades all have upside.

Our Def lacked big time last year, except for AA Alliir, but hopefully with the inclusion of Ratagolea it allows Aliir more freedom and thus solidifies our way of playing defense.

And our midfield is elite. Yes they turned to water in the finals, but they're young, now with finals experience. Should bode well for them.
3 premierships in 5 years - when does that clock start ticking champ

Fun Facts with Grotto

In 2023 every team that won an "Official Preseason Game" played in Finals that year, aside from Fremantle, Western Bulldogs** and Adelaide*.

** Missed out on percentage.
* Robbed by the AFL.
Oh the fun facts are back !!
Love it

oh dear - March premiers now on our board

It's the same thing every year

Port supporters
Feb/March - How good are Port, talk up the new recruits and celebrate their upcoming premiership
September - Sack Hinkley

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am HARDLY shaking in my boots about the prospect of that midfield. Soligo lol.

Our FWD line is young (bar Dixon who really shouldn't be playing anymore), but Marshall, Lord, Georgiades all have upside.

Our Def lacked big time last year, except for AA Alliir, but hopefully with the inclusion of Ratagolea it allows Aliir more freedom and thus solidifies our way of playing defense.

And our midfield is elite. Yes they turned to water in the finals, but they're young, now with finals experience. Should bode well for them.

Outside of your midfield I can't name many players in your team who would push any of ours out.

Massive massive holes in the list.

Chuckle, the Pear February premiers are up and about as always.
Soligo is going to give you a very big surprise. You and your Pear mates will have nightmares about this bloke and what he will do to you in Showdowns for the next decade plus.

On SM-A115F using BigFooty.com mobile app

...You still lack a solid midfield, there was the whole Fisher Macasey silly pick, James Rowe etc amoungst others....we've built probably a top 3 midfield in the comp, however, this will amount to nothing unless our dud of a coach goes packing, which aint happening any time soon unfortunately. so yes, the cycle as your supporters have suggested will continue and we will flop again in September.
...our midfield is elite.
Yes they turned to water in the finals, but they're young, now with finals experience. Should bode well for them.
Everybody in the system knows Hinckley is a top coach. His job, however, is made nearly impossible by a club culture that reeks of Born To Rule arrogance and demands the premiership every year as a bare pass mark.

Hence you go to water in some finals not because the coach's game plan isn't suited to finals, but because the players are terrified by the insane culture and expected fan backlash following a loss, even when level heads could see that the upcoming opponent is equal or better.

As for the vast gap between yours and our midfields per your posts above, I'll grant yours is ahead on experience and time spent together. But if the difference was as big as you say, one laughable the other elite, what happened in the 2 showdowns (aka Port GFs) last year? That simply couldn't happen if Port's midfield was commanding the game. You are wrong about that.

Further evidence, compare each team's minor round games against the teams that ended up Top 4 last year:-

The Crows played 7 games against teams that finished 1,2,3,4 for a tally of 3-4, and the 4 losses were by 1, 2, 4 and 6 points.
The Power played 6 games against teams that finished 1,2,4,5 for a tally of 2-4, and the 4 losses were by 71, 50, 2 and 48 points.

So it looks like your 'elite' midfield repeatedly folded against elite opponents, and our 'laughable' midfield held its own every time without exception.

It also looks like your super midfield didn't "turn to water in the finals", instead they did exactly as well as they did all year against top opponents. Their finals were as good as their season, no more, no less.

cheers and good luck for the coming year

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Trial game - Crows V Port - 5pm Friday 23 Feb at Alberton Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Back