Radio Triple M Commentary of the 2018 AFL Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

WillieNillie

All Australian
Mar 31, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
I have never heard a worse commentary performance in my life. It was just bizarrely bad. Like as if they had never commentated a game in their lives. Like everything they did was bad

No excitement, constantly behind the play, absolutely zero knowledge provided. Is this normal for them?

Just as a sidenote, this is the last 5 minutes. Go to 3 minute mark when Sheed gets the goal. Ive seen more excitement at a funeral then that. I understand the concept of bias but surely you can appreciate a good kick a bit better then that?

I have never heard a worse commentary performance in my life. It was just bizarrely bad. Like as if they had never commentated a game in their lives. Like everything they did was bad

No excitement, constantly behind the play, absolutely zero knowledge provided. Is this normal for them?

Just as a sidenote, this is the last 5 minutes. Go to 3 minute mark when Sheed gets the goal. Ive seen more excitement at a funeral then that. I understand the concept of bias but surely you can appreciate a good kick a bit better then that?

That mix of 4 have probably never commentated a game together before, which may have added to it, and none supporting either team. For the last decade and more I've listened to Triple M calls more than the tv (although a little less in the last 2 years now that it's not what it once was, and is in the Howie era..), but they're well recognised for their excitement and are normally over the top in those regards. Their style of commentary (well, JB and BT together mainly) makes even crap games worth listening to, so I don't think that 5mins sums them up at all. I do think the Sheed reaction is rather subdued by JB's standards though.

Maybe he was tired, as he's normally left the box at that point during the handful of games he called for Triple M this year... ;p

That mix of 4 have probably never commentated a game together before, which may have added to it, and none supporting either team. For the last decade and more I've listened to Triple M calls more than the tv (although a little less in the last 2 years now that it's not what it once was, and is in the Howie era..), but they're well recognised for their excitement and are normally over the top in those regards. Their style of commentary (well, JB and BT together mainly) makes even crap games worth listening to, so I don't think that 5mins sums them up at all. I do think the Sheed reaction is rather subdued by JB's standards though.

Maybe he was tired, as he's normally left the box at that point during the handful of games he called for Triple M this year... ;p

Juddy was clearly nervous as hell barely talking because he was obviously supporting West Coast, being a premiership captain, life member and his wife and son in the front row in full regalia...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back