Universal Love TRTT Part 8: Random thoughts also sack Hinkley

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not fair! Muscle tone is random at best! I know couch potatoes that somehow had better abs than me. When I was running 12s in the beep test in high school I still looked less fit than those running a 6, not to mention those guys who just need to think about going for a walk then bam, strong defined legs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Life isn’t fair. My system works.

Didn't the fella who wanted to go with that Sheila if she left him accidentally off himself with a gun he thought was unloaded? I can't remember if it was 10cc or Chicago?

Chicago, Terry something

I’d go the other way and make it incentive-based so essentially you’d get tax breaks for those visible abs.
I’d go with that :D

Because what Australia needs is a higher cost of living and solving problems not with education but by financial penalty.

I don't get that much exercise, not by specific intention anyway. Maybe two hours a week? I would get most indirectly through work and household chores.

I am not going without coke, iced coffee, iced cream, rum, beer, thickshakes, and hungry jacks.

No one has to go without anything. You’d just pay more for poor choices. We’ve had education since Norm and the 1970’s. People know MacDonalds isn’t good for them and no one is thinking ‘Gee I can buy some fresh vegetables or a giant pack of burger rings for the same price, they’re both just as healthy so I’ll go the burger rings’. If education worked smokes could be $2 a packet and no one would buy them.

I’d go with that :D

No one has to go without anything. You’d just pay more for poor choices. We’ve had education since Norm and the 1970’s. People know MacDonalds isn’t good for them and no one is thinking ‘Gee I can buy some fresh vegetables or a giant pack of burger rings for the same price, they’re both just as healthy so I’ll go the burger rings’. If education worked smokes could be $2 a packet and no one would buy them.

It's not a poor choice though. It isn't like smoking that is black and white bad for you. Unwise dietary choices can be mitigated by lifestyle if not eliminated completely. A tax only serves to punish those that can least afford it or can manage the behaviour, and also unlike smokes everybody has to eat.

May as well get rid of Netflix because no time, from now on only cooking up homemade food for every meal!

If tax worked smokers would be near extinct, but they aren't... especially in at risk communities.

Last edited:
People with good figures should just stop getting it on with those with unhealthy figures.

On one hand 'wellness' has never been bigger, on the other, we have a thing now called fat shaming and it's frowned upon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not a poor choice though. It isn't like smoking that is black and white bad for you. Unwise dietary choices can be mitigated by lifestyle if not eliminated completely. A tax only serves to punish those that can least afford it or can manage the behaviour, and also unlike smokes everybody has to eat.

May as well get rid of Netflix because from now on only cooking up homemade food for every meal!

If tax worked smokers would be near extinct, but they aren't... especially in at risk communities.

Nah, you can use the money from the sugar tax to increase welfare and low income tax offset, thereby ensuring they have enough in the pocket for the healthier choice, but the more well off just cop paying more for poor food. So it’s not regressive if done like that.

Fat shaming's always been a thing, it just wasn't called that plus there are more fat people nowadays.

100% correct.

Fat kids always got bullied. Especially the fat rangas.

People don't really believe cigarette prices were hiked up so high to stop people smoking do they? it's all about gov revenue and far less people especially kids taking it up means it's hiked so the lifelong addicts make up for the shortfall.

I think they make roughly 8 billion a year so if smokers are costing the healthcare system 400 million a year & tax payers 150 mill it doesn't parry up.. as with most things done for the "benefit" of our citizens it's a con job.

I rarely see teenagers smoking that's a good thing no matter the reason hopefully more to do with health education.

I reckon we're definitely at the point where buying cigarettes should be a licensed activity, and that if you're underage at the date of a bill passing you can't get a license.

I wouldn't wish death by lung cancer on anyone.

Bullying fatties has always been around, 'fat shaming' is an expression used to demean someone for doing so and feels pretty recent. Make someone feel bad for doing it.

People don't really believe cigarette prices were hiked up so high to stop people smoking do they? it's all about gov revenue and far less people especially kids taking it up means it's hiked so the lifelong addicts make up for the shortfall.

I think they make roughly 8 billion a year so if smokers are costing the healthcare system 400 million a year & tax payers 150 mill it doesn't parry up.. as with most things done for the "benefit" of our citizens it's a con job.

I rarely see teenagers smoking that's a good thing no matter the reason hopefully more to do with health education.
I'm really glad the peer pressure is just not on my kids as it was for me

People can't afford to smoke. It's been happening more and more for a while.

The government keep upping the tax to cover the people that are giving up.

The good news is that many are giving up..the bad news is people still smoking are probs doing it pretty tough.

People can't afford to smoke. It's been happening more and more for a while.

The government keep upping the tax to cover the people that are giving up.

The good news is that many are giving up..the bad news is people still smoking are probs doing it pretty tough.
Why carnt I grow my own tobacco?! campaigners..

Bullying fatties has always been around, 'fat shaming' is an expression used to demean someone for doing so and feels pretty recent. Make someone feel bad for doing it.

The problem is now it’s gone to the where talking about healthy weight ranges or the positives of being not obese is ‘fat shaming’. An overweight person could say to a skinny person, ‘just have another piece of cake, you need some meat on your bones’, but have the skinny say to the fat ‘should you have another piece?’ And they’d be abused left and right on social media and if at work hauled before HR.

Bullying is not acceptable, but ‘loving your curves’ or being a ‘real woman/man’(what the hell were the vast majority not overweight the last 100 thousand years?!) doesn’t do anyone any favours. Own your s**t, either do something about it or don’t cry when ‘artificially healthy’ people get all the attention, because the world is full of ‘haters’.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back