Movie Twilight films....does anyone actually give a sh!t other than teeny girls?

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting that you mention LOTR and HP there.

That is about all Twilight is, the "now" version of Harry Potter, LOTR or the "Breakfast Club" movies of the 80's.

I say congratulations to J.K. Rowling and Stephanie Meyer for sucking so much cash out of unsuspecting victims, because if I could write that would be the "dream".

In 10-15 years, no one will remember Twilight, HP or LOTR, quite simply they were "flashes in the pan" that will be forgotten quickly.

And for those LOTR fans that say the "book series" is classical, come the **** on, only losers and nerds read those stupidly long books in school, the "average" person if they read a book was actually reading a book of some meaning or modern day significance.

And yes, I have seen both Twilight movies (I review movies for a blog) and quite simply they put me to ****ing sleep so quickly it's not funny. (which is great if I can't sleep:p)

Irony is fun. :)

That is about all Twilight is, the "now" version of Harry Potter, LOTR or the "Breakfast Club" movies of the 80's.

I say congratulations to J.K. Rowling and Stephanie Meyer for sucking so much cash out of unsuspecting victims, because if I could write that would be the "dream".

In 10-15 years, no one will remember Twilight, HP or LOTR, quite simply they were "flashes in the pan" that will be forgotten quickly.

And for those LOTR fans that say the "book series" is classical, come the **** on, only losers and nerds read those stupidly long books in school, the "average" person if they read a book was actually reading a book of some meaning or modern day significance.

And yes, I have seen both Twilight movies (I review movies for a blog) and quite simply they put me to ****ing sleep so quickly it's not funny. (which is great if I can't sleep:p)
The only word to describe you is that you are simply an ignoramus.
LOTR is a bit old and critically acclaimed to be simply a flash in the pan you idiot

it's just a poor (wo)man's Buffy

not really into vampire related shows/movies... but i was a big fan of the show that ran for 3 years called "Forever Knight" in the mid 90's... about an 800 year old Vampire named Nick who works the night shift as a detective at the Toronto Police Department, and wants to become mortal again, with the guy who brought him across, La Croix, being a Vampire who runs Toronto night club called "The Raven" who tries to keep a watchful eye on Nick and his intentions and tries to steer him/keep him on the path of the Vampire.... was very Palpatine-Darth Vader like in their relationship, but done with a Vampire overtone of course

anyone watched this?

)

I mentioned LOTR and HP cause its all the same "fantasy" genre, yes? Just cannot stand that genre I guess, therefore so suprise I hate those particular movies.

At least I got to stop at LOTR 1... I have to keep watching that bloody HP crap!!!!

(Oh and good post there too, btw. Cool that you review movies. I would looove to do that like as a FT job. :thumbsu:)

I think the only other people that care are the media. All week on the news, breakfast shows, and other programs that is all they are talking about. Mind you, having reports on the 'red carpet' asking stupid questions to the stars makes it worse.

I think the only other people that care are the media. All week on the news, breakfast shows, and other programs that is all they are talking about. Mind you, having reports on the 'red carpet' asking stupid questions to the stars makes it worse.

This is a good point. It's all over the media but how many people do you actually know who are into it? As I mentioned in an earlier post, it's just the one chick that I know and she's no rocket scientist.

went to the movies last night and their was a bloke in a beyonce t shirt in front of me buying a ticket for the 10 session of the fist one heading into the midnight session....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've never seen 'em (or plan to) but these speak volumes for mine...

[youtube]FrH4neo-z_8&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]tKeZhIABM1Q&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]SScid1QOJ3I&feature=related[/youtube]

I so want to believe some (most) of these are taking the piss.

only watched the first half of the first one but..........

I WANT TO KILL THEM ALL!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

p.s. what's the deal with all the massively fat ones loving it. Those tuck shop arms were disgusting :(

p.s.s. I implore someone with 1337 graphic/photoship skillz to do something with the clip of that half asian fatty with her mouth wide open!!!!

Encouraging kids to read is dumbing them down?

Right...

They've demonstrated in the UK through book sales and libraries etc that all Harry Potter has done is make adults read more Harry Potter, and very little at all for children and teenagers.

As for Twilight, I wish I didn't know so many girls over the age of 20 who are into it. Seriously, read books that are appropriate for your age! :( (Or, just don't read Twilight, however old you are...)

I'm hoping they eat themselves to death.

They disgust me in every way.

How ashamed would you be if they were your kids.

i expect the parents to build a sound proof basement. you know the rest.

:(

The peter north i know only says "phew" when he thinks he has drowned some 18 year old wannabe starlet on set.

fonz.jpg

Got a friend who normally is pretty smart and has really good tast in movies who is going at midnight tonight, then again going on Sunday to see it in Gold Class.
I don't understand

You are an idiot. Lord of the Rings was written 50 odd years ago by a Professor of English. Not some clic-lit nut with a barely passing grasp of how to write.

There's a reason it was voted the most popular book (taking the trilogy as a whole) of the 20th century by numerous countries. It's not just a story about 'Elves' and 'Dwarves'. A quick google search could find you plenty of analysis of the series dealing with themes of 'some meaning or modern day significance'. It was rightly acclaimed for DECADES long before it was made into a movie.

HP, it doesn't pretend to be anything it's not - good entertainment. It's not a literary work as LOTR is, but it's also not a steaming pile of poo converted into words on a page / film like Twilight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back