Roast Tyson Stengle sacked after ******* up again

Remove this Banner Ad

Why? His AFL career is finished. This allows him to get on with his life, while having as few ties as possible to the AFC.
So having him play at an amateur league club, where drug use is a part of weekly life, whilst still being a contracted AFC player is a good thing ??

Yes let's put ourselves in that position.

Are you that naive ??

So having him play at an amateur league club, where drug use is a part of weekly life, whilst still being a contracted AFC player is a good thing ??

Yes let's put ourselves in that position.

Are you that naive ??
Technically contracted, but no longer an active member of our team list. His AFL career is over. This is just about helping him transition to the next phase of his life.

The alternative is to have him do nothing, playing no football whatsoever, until they can terminate his contract. He won't be training with our other players, and he won't be playing in the AFL or SANFL.

Technically contracted, but no longer an active member of our team list. His AFL career is over. This is just about helping him transition to the next phase of his life.

The alternative is to have him do nothing, playing no football whatsoever, until they can terminate his contract. He won't be training with our other players, and he won't be playing in the AFL or SANFL.
He'll be playing SANFL once he completes whatever programs the club wish for him to do.

He's contracted for 2 seasons, if they can't sack him and it doesn't look like they can, or maybe they didn't try, then he'll be back around the group soon enough.

There wouldn't be many players who don't want him there.

He'll be playing SANFL once he completes whatever programs the club wish for him to do.

He's contracted for 2 seasons, if they can't sack him and it doesn't look like they can, or maybe they didn't try, then he'll be back around the group soon enough.

Probably only Jimmy Rowe and to a lesser degree Lachie Murphy...;)

Why? His AFL career is finished. This allows him to get on with his life, while having as few ties as possible to the AFC.
You have no way of knowing if that's the case or not, none whatsoever.

You state it like it's fact....it's not.

Personally I would've explored avenues to flick him but if I knew I couldn't then it's in my best interests to do everything I could to make sure we help him.
They'll be giving him every possible assistance off the field... they just won't be letting him anywhere near the rest of the playing group, until such time as they can terminate his contract and get rid of him completely.

They'll be giving him every possible assistance off the field... they just won't be letting him anywhere near the rest of the playing group, until such time as they can terminate his contract and get rid of him completely.
Why wouldn't the playing group want him involved ?? The only difference between Tyson and the rest is he's dumb enough to get caught with the s**t.

“They wont be letting him anywhere near the rest of the playing group”

Where do you come up with this deluded horseshit?..

Sloaney even said in his press conference just yesterday that the lads have been going and hanging out with stengle, looking out for him and making sure he getting supported..

You make it sound as if the club has banned stengle and the players from going anywhere near close to each other. You are so full of s**t.

I think they'll let him rot in the SANFL like Gibbs, Menzel and Tambling. Might try to arrange an early payout at the end of 2021.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder whose call it is at the club?

Leadership group, Nicks and Kelly should work it out, but knowing us, it would come from the executive.

Doubt Roo would ever sack anyone for doing coke, so that leaves Fagan and Olsen.

I think they'll let him rot in the SANFL like Gibbs, Menzel and Tambling. Might try to arrange an early payout at the end of 2021.
Rot or play out their contracts at the level they were at ?? We paid Gibbs out, but the current coaching panel didn't make the decision to contract him.

I doubt we'll let a young guy like that suffer the same fate.

There'd be near enough to none.

Rot or play out their contracts at the level they were at ?? We paid Gibbs out, but the current coaching panel didn't make the decision to contract him.

I doubt we'll let a young guy like that suffer the same fate.

Hopefully the desire to be a good football team outweighs the need to be the squeakiest cleanest club in the land.

Hopefully the desire to be a good football team outweighs the need to be the squeakiest cleanest club in the land.
I can understand from a club viewpoint why we'd want him gone, and I was leaning that way myself. The guy needs to be 200% smarter with how he goes about things. Most if not all clubs would be the same.

As a club we can't afford to keep having thes incidents played out in the public domain. His "mates" are just as big a problem, I mean who takes a picture and throws it to a news outlets.

However if we can't then we need to wrap our arms around him, protect our asset and make sure he does what we need him to do.

I can understand from a club viewpoint why we'd want him gone, and I was leaning that way myself. The guy needs to be 200% smarter with how he goes about things. Most if not all clubs would be the same.

As a club we can't afford to keep having thes incidents played out in the public domain. His "mates" are just as big a problem, I mean who takes a picture and throws it to a news outlets.

However if we can't then we need to wrap our arms around him, protect our asset and make sure he does what we need him to do.

As a club our singular goal should be about winning flags. A 'bad egg' only infests the rest if the club itself has a problem. So the question about cause and effect can be asked. We accept and embrace clear failings from every employee outside the 40 odd listed players. Having seperate standards within the total enterprise is a certain path to failure. We need to be a football club if we want football success.

As a club our singular goal should be about winning flags. A 'bad egg' only infests the rest if the club itself has a problem. So the question about cause and effect can be asked. We accept and embrace clear failings from every employee outside the 40 odd listed players. Having seperate standards within the total enterprise is a certain path to failure. We need to be a football club if we want football success.
Even West Coast flicked Cousins when they weren't winning flags.

If we were winning them we could sustain a few bad eggs like they did but we aren't. No one here should care he's doing what he's doing, even if you're like me and don't agree with it, but the fact he's dumb enough to keep getting caught is the sort of unwanted attention the club doesn't need.

Even West Coast flicked Cousins when they weren't winning flags.

If we were winning them we could sustain a few bad eggs like they did but we aren't. No one here should care he's doing what he's doing, even if you're like me and don't agree with it, but the fact he's dumb enough to keep getting caught is the sort of unwanted attention the club doesn't need.

I think that's education though. He's doing what most players do. It's just that he's got drongo friends and buys from street dealers. Remember when people were having a crack at Brouch for lack of leadership and leading young Stengle astray? Remember that? People are stupid, Stengle is no different. If I was his manager I'd be getting his gear for him and counselling him regarding his friends. That's the onky difference between him and 3/4 of our list.

The club are trying to sack him, and the AFLPA are pushing back against that. If it doesn't happen, then the AFC will push him as far away as possible, short of actually sacking him. This is by far the most likely scenario.

Highly doubtful. Potential damages regarding acting like that would be significant. If we can't sack him, which we obviously can't, then he'll need to be treated like everyone else once he's completed his sanction. And it's really only an AFL illicit code second strike. So what's that, a handful of games?

I think that's education though. He's doing what most players do. It's just that he's got drongo friends and buys from street dealers. Remember when people were having a crack at Brouch for lack of leadership and leading young Stengle astray? Remember that? People are stupid, Stengle is no different. If I was his manager I'd be getting his gear for him and counselling him regarding his friends. That's the onky difference between him and 3/4 of our list.
His mates are the issue, and whilst you can tell him not to hang with them he's always going to be drawn back there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back