Champs Lg UEFA Champions League 2022/23 (Winners: Manchester City)

Champions League

Remove this Banner Ad

You going?
I've put in for my access code, just need to see next week what type of ticket I'll get.

Then look at how I can get there. Then convince Mrs Moomba that it's a great idea

Shouldn't be a problem ha ha. Suspect I'll be watching from the couch but you never know.

Is the allocation really that bad? 50 percent of fans making up the total attendance is higher than I thought it was.
The allocation is pretty much what I'd expect. The prices are s**t though outside the first level pricing.

COnference league is a 19.7k stadium and both teams got 5k each. You actually ended up better off as 19k is more than 25%.
I don't have a problem with allocation. Its the prices that I think are pretty disgusting.

I've put in for my access code, just need to see next week what type of ticket I'll get.

Then look at how I can get there. Then convince Mrs Moomba that it's a great idea

Shouldn't be a problem ha ha. Suspect I'll be watching from the couch but you never know.
Been singing "Istanbul, Istanbul we are coming" whenever Mrs moomba comes into the room. Safe to say she's not entirely on the same page just yet, ha ha.

Wasnt aware things were skewed so badly nowadays.

If Newcastle United are knocked out of the Champions League at the group stage next season, they will earn in the region of £21.5 million. If the same fate befalls Manchester City, it is likely to be nearer £58 million. And fair enough, you may say. City won the league, Newcastle are fourth at present.

Yet here’s the thing. Even if those positions were flipped — so City are fourth, Newcastle first — and both went out at the group stage, City would still be close to £20 million ahead. Thank Uefa’s ten-year historical co-efficient pot. Keeps the rich rich, keeps the poor poor.

If you want sympathy for your club, find an article that doesn’t call Manchester City poor.
I don't want sympathy, I'm pointing out an example of us being unfairly advantaged by a new rule.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't want sympathy, I'm pointing out an example of us being unfairly advantaged by a new rule.

I read the article incorrectly and got the figures the other way around. Being as successful as you’ve been, those figures kind of make sense. But yeah, not to the point that it should be a £40 million difference.

I read the article incorrectly and got the figures the other way around. Being as successful as you’ve been, those figures kind of make sense. But yeah, not to the point that it should be a £40 million difference.
For me, I don't have a problem with us getting more because we won the league, that's how it always used to be.

But getting more based on past history is just wrong imo.

They'll just drum up another bullshit PIF sponsorship for the difference. Easy when you have a sovereign wealth fund at your disposal.

That's really not the point.

This article says that BT Sport will stream the Champions League final for free on their YouTube channel. Will it be available outside the UK?

No. They are good at Geoblocking their content, as is Sky. I had to get the Everton highlights via NBC Sports in the US recently despite being able to access them in Ireland regularly. Try a VPN maybe

Remove this Banner Ad

Back