Champs Lg UEFA Champions League 2023/24 (Semi Finals) - On Stan

Champions League

Remove this Banner Ad

No penalty for me, much preferred if he took the shot somehow.

Only seen the quick highlights of City at Madrid. Geez some of the goals on display there. Holy s**t the levels required to navigate this stage of the competition.

First thought it was pen but Saka kept going towards goal and left the ball.

Amazing decision by the ref in the end but doubt it was purely on what he saw. Seemed to favour Bayern.

Arsenal have played better away this season. Switches them on more. Get a bit complacent when on home turf.

2-2 isn't the worst result. Great goal from Saka, and lovely feet by Jesus to set up Tross. Not sure what was happening for Bayern's first goal but it's very poor.

Definitely not a penalty either. Saka looked for the contact. Should have kept going.

Goals in the other game were nuts. Foden woweeee. Loved Rodrygo's too.

Looked like a great game between City and Real overnight.

It's matches like this where I miss the away goals rule - for City to walk away from this with no extra credit for putting 3 past Real at the Bernabeu doesn't seem right.

Foden continues his amazing run of form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shocking Madrid keeper on 1st Man City goal.

Bayern should have gotten the penalty for the amateur mistake by Arsenal picking up the ball, so of course the ref can't give the penalty to Arsenal.
Poor logic given ours wasn't a penalty anyway.

Man City are a level or two above Real Madrid. Played them off the park on their home deck. Real Madrid were very efficient and fortunate with a couple of deflections. I would not be surprised if City win the next leg by 3 or 4 goals. That is the difference in quality.

Vinicius Jr is quickly becoming my most hated player. Can he go one game without carrying on like an absolute DH?

The ref who denied a penalty to Bayern with that pissweak explanation shouldn't ref a UEFA competition for the rest of the season.

Would probably extend that to the VAR team for not interfering. If that isn't a clear and obvious error worth correcting by the review process then nothing ever will meet the criteria

His usual carry on. Fouled Grealish. Grealish didn’t respond. Vini then starts taunting him from behind while Grealish is sitting on his arse ignoring him.

Ahh okay. Aside from the goal highlights on Stan I haven’t caught anything else of that match.

The racism and abuse Vini Jnr continually experiences in Spain is appalling. Whilst I can’t comment on any specific incident as yet as I’m not across it, I do think he understandably plays with a heightened sense of frustration/angst.

I dont get the pen shout for Bayern? Did Raya put the ball down, then kick it to Gabriel who then picked up the ball, placed it back down, then kicked it to Raya??

Weird one. But I assume the ref didnt think Raya was taking the goal kick and instead just passing it to Gabriel so that he could take the goal kick.

I dont get the pen shout for Bayern? Did Raya put the ball down, then kick it to Gabriel who then picked up the ball, placed it back down, then kicked it to Raya??

Weird one. But I assume the ref didnt think Raya was taking the goal kick and instead just passing it to Gabriel so that he could take the goal kick.

I completely missed it live, as I had the sound down with my sons still asleep at the time. When it happened it simply looked to me as yes Raya knocking the ball to Gabriel to take it instead.

However catching up with it now, wow. The ref certainly seemed to blow his whistle and that ball seemed in active play, so by the letter of the law that should be handball and a penalty yes. Arsenal very lucky with this one.

Yeah this happens regularly. The restart of play is up to the referee, he decided that play hadn't been restarted, end of story.

Letter of the law it was a pen. But gentleman's rules would appreciate it was a silly mistake that most teams would forgive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back